• Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

How much does Rivers want?
    I'd think he'd want starter money in top 10'ish due to his yards and TDs for the year. remember it was him and his agent that held out his rookie year so I dont see him trying to take less than that, probably even more.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      We can win 5 games with Taylor. More if we overspend on FA OL. Do it, TT.
      Good defense, run the ball, special teams. Fix the OL, fix the DT and MLB position and special teams upgrade - the team will be better. I think double digit wins with Rivers. This team lost a lot of games by one score. How many touchdowns near the goal line - I think three or four fumbles alone not to mention interceptions by Rivers? TDs called back by penalties.

Look at the Niners - Deebo Samuel, 2nd round; Kittle 2nd round, Sanders was a trade; Mostert was on ST for four years. But they built OL and DL first. Chargers - yes, they need a CB; yes they need a speedy WR to go with Williams and Allen - but most of all - they need OL, NT and MLB. Shore up the damn trenches.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I'd think he'd want starter money in top 10'ish due to his yards and TDs for the year. remember it was him and his agent that held out his rookie year so I dont see him trying to take less than that, probably even more.
        Shouldn't it be -20mil for the amount of INT's he threw this year?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Shouldn't it be -20mil for the amount of INT's he threw this year?
          I am not going crazy to keep Rivers as I don't think he is the same QB he was. I think something around his jersey number seems good. I would be okay with a guarantee (e.g dead cap like Dallas had with Romo, NE will have with Brady and NO will have with Brees - in the amount of 7-10m for division, playoffs, super bowl).

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good defense, run the ball, special teams. Fix the OL, fix the DT and MLB position and special teams upgrade - the team will be better. I think double digit wins with Rivers. This team lost a lot of games by one score. How many touchdowns near the goal line - I think three or four fumbles alone not to mention interceptions by Rivers? TDs called back by penalties.

Look at the Niners - Deebo Samuel, 2nd round; Kittle 2nd round, Sanders was a trade; Mostert was on ST for four years. But they built OL and DL first. Chargers - yes, they need a CB; yes they need a speedy WR to go with Williams and Allen - but most of all - they need OL, NT and MLB. Shore up the damn trenches.
            Kittle was a 5th round pick just FYI
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

That is a big ask and a lot of fixing for and organaztion that doesn't chase top FA, and we have to do better in draftng and get solid pick 2nd and 3rd round. If Rivers signs I still think you'll see the same type of Rivers, the defenses are getting bigger and faster each year, you need a QB with a little mobility in this day in age for Rivers to be something different than last year all the above would need to be fixed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Kittle was a 5th round pick just FYI
                thanks - proves my point even more. Bourn - I am guessing was not a high draft pick. The 49ers really spent on the lines of scrimmage.

I think the Chargers have talent on the outside, RB, skill positions . Sure - would be nice to have a speed guy. But the QB needs time to throw it deep to a speed guy. Build up front - give your RB room to run, your QB time to throw - see the results.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

That is a big ask and a lot of fixing for and organaztion that doesn't chase top FA, and we have to do better in draftng and get solid pick 2nd and 3rd round. If Rivers signs I still think you'll see the same type of Rivers, the defenses are getting bigger and faster each year, you need a QB with a little mobility in this day in age for Rivers to be something different than last year all the above would need to be fixed

Agreed. More reasonable to assume some fixes, and to change QBs. Expecting Rivers to come back to almost the same O but perform differently makes no sense to me.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

thanks - proves my point even more. Bourn - I am guessing was not a high draft pick. The 49ers really spent on the lines of scrimmage.

I think the Chargers have talent on the outside, RB, skill positions . Sure - would be nice to have a speed guy. But the QB needs time to throw it deep to a speed guy. Build up front - give your RB room to run, your QB time to throw - see the results.
                    They have and so have we.
                    We have 3 #1s, 1 #2, 1 #3, and 2 #7s on our current Dline all of which are our draft picks.
                    We’ve invested 1 #2, 2 #3s, 1 #5, and 1 #6 on our current Oline plus 2 former #1s and 1 #3 via FA.
                    Our results have been a conundrum of mixed performances, chargeresque player injuries/medical condition to key starters, and not addressing the OT position with a high caliber draft pick.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM