• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The next best thing - How Philip Rivers was re-coached

The next best thing

Pretty good article on how McCoy, Wiz, and Reich fixed Rivers' progressions when they came in last season.
  • Viejo Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Thanks for the read. A good article. But with all due respect to McCoy and what he did with Philip last year, there was only one thing wrong with Rivers previously, and it is a four-letter word. NORV.

McCoy's offense is way better than Norv's and he also included the hurry-up offense, which Rivers was MADE for. But of course the bull-headed "my way or the highway" Norv couldn't see that. I am SO glad that moron is gone.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Fuck Norv.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

That article epitomizes why I think McCoy is going to be a great coach - he doesn't try and cram a player into a system no matter what (Norv). Rather he finds ways to maximize what his players can do well and builds off of that. It's so refreshing to have the anti-Norv here.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We know that Philip would never say ill of Norv, and he's learned lots from him. But it was plain as day that without protection, and without guys that could get open, QBs would get killed or make massive mistakes in ball protection. Its startling how much more effective Philip is when he gets rid of the ball under 2.5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Fuck Norv.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
              Really...didn't realize you loved Norv.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                We know that Philip would never say ill of Norv, and he's learned lots from him. But it was plain as day that without protection, and without guys that could get open, QBs would get killed or make massive mistakes in ball protection. Its startling how much more effective Philip is when he gets rid of the ball under 2.5 seconds.
                This...

I'd like to add that what makes McCoy a great coach, is he knows what there players do best. And he adjust his system to that. Some coaches never do that.

Comment

Working...
                X