• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Bringing in josh jacobs would be huge for herbert, it would add a legitimacy to our play action game that is missing right now…plus it would free up ek to be a slot receiving threat and reduce the pounding he takes in a year…

With so many backs available it'll be interesting to see if they decide to add more talent, jacobs, ekeler, kelley, and spiller would be nice!
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
      Bringing in josh jacobs would be huge for herbert, it would add a legitimacy to our play action game that is missing right now…plus it would free up ek to be a slot receiving threat and reduce the pounding he takes in a year…
      The trouble is, we'd have to cut Herbert to afford Jacobs.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

A healthy Herbert can run for 50 yards a game anyways.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• C’monchargers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’d endorse this depending on what we see the next 3, 4, 5, 7 weeks. I think Peyton could be a primadonna bitch hire for whoever buys that sales pitch. I’m starting to agree with those that doubt 2 #1 picks will be given for him. Tbd, teams may balk at that and leave him sitting unless NO reduces the feee to a single #1
          Personally that what I would imagine happening too given the clout Payton has like ghost had mention; it would be odd not to explore it. There is one factor in play that might swing Payton’s way imo. Payton asked for control and the biggest knock on that is the attention might be spread too thin and the whole body of work suffer. De Younger Spanos has taken on the president of football operation role as of May, 2015. One would wonder if he would want to get a more hands on approach, let Payton still has his control but handle even more of the day to day work. If John Spanos ever wants to move into more of a general manager type position then what’s better than to have a soft start with somebody else taking the attention of it if it doesn’t go as plan. But If it goes well….. well dude owns the team so, win win.

Comment

• C’monchargers
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The hundreds of books, many collected by his father, that played a role in shaping the strategies and philosophies of Bill Belichick

In 2006, a year after Steve’s passing, Bill Belichick gifted most of their personal library to the Naval Academy, and a plaque now marks the “Belichick Collection” at U.S. Naval Academy.
            Would love to own that book lol

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

:rofl:

I don’t know why but, I just have a weird feeling that this team is going to have more turnover this coming offseason than it did last offseason, even if they retain their current coaching staff I think their will be some surprise trades, some surprise cuts, and some surprise FA signings…

I also think next year’s chargers are going to be the best team the chargers will have fielded since the mid 2000s…a lot of things will be ‘fixed’ this coming offseason…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

A lot of Week 18 SNF playoff possibilities:

Jets @ Dolphins

Lions @ Packers

Titans @ Jaguars

Ravens @ Bengals

Such interesting potential scenarios would be nice if:

The NFL made Titans @ Jaguars Thursday or Saturday Night Football as the result won't impact any other teams.

Lions @ Packers the only 3pm game

Jets @ Dolphins the SNF game

Ravens @ Bengals MNF

If they all meant something that other games results wouldn't affect resting players.
                Last edited by ChargingBolts; 12-30-2022, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Marty used to say that it was better to have great back with a so so line than to have a so so back with a great line…I wonder if it still holds true, he basically felt that a great back made a line better than the other way around, but the game is very different now…
                  The age old question. Our two attempts to draft “top” RBs with an avg line sure didn’t work - Mathew’s and Gordon. They were constantly pounded at or behind LOS. Not sure I agree with that theory unless that great back is LT. But He forgot more football than I’ll ever learn, so there’s that.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Brock Purdy - I feel, that while he is an incredible story given where he was drafted, that after a few more games when DCs have more film on him his play will come down a few notches. My 49er friends up here disagree, but it almost always happens when an unknown QB starts out that way.
                    I’m with you - I’d short that stock before i go long. we’ll all see I guess
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Marty used to say that it was better to have great back with a so so line than to have a so so back with a great line…I wonder if it still holds true, he basically felt that a great back made a line better than the other way around, but the game is very different now…
                      the Mike Shanahan system in denver made a strong counter point to Marty's argument. they had a good line and a lot misdirection plays that created a "plug and play" system for throwing in a new RB.

one thing to support Marty's opinion - I think that a RB like LT has something extra that isn't easily seen - the vision and patience to make something out of nothing or something out of not much. if you put LT behind an average line, he is still going to be LT and find some yards. when i watch videos of prime LT, you can tell that the guy is just a cut above most RB's.

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        A lot of Week 18 SNF playoff possibilities:

Jets @ Dolphins

Lions @ Packers

Titans @ Jaguars

Ravens @ Bengals

Such interesting potential scenarios would be nice if:

The NFL made Titans @ Jaguars Thursday or Saturday Night Football as the result won't impact any other teams.

Lions @ Packers the only 3pm game

Jets @ Dolphins the SNF game

Ravens @ Bengals MNF

If they all meant something that other games results wouldn't affect resting players.
                        Guessing our game will get the 1pm pst Sunday slot? I'm very curious to know the timeslot. Current forecast is 47 degrees. Nice.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

^^This! This OL can’t run block and isn’t much better at pass blocking.

I just don’t know if it’s coaching or talent but it’s rare they open a lane to the second,level.

I don’t know why some seem to think this OL,is a finished acceptable product by just signing PIP.

Continue to make building the trenches the priority until they dominate the LOS.
                          We will get Slater back. That's huge and if Fieler leaves and Salyer will take his spot, I think that's pretty good. Just need better depth.

Comment

Working...
                          X