• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

You obviously never worked with multi millionaires and see how they think on a daily basis. I have and twice for almost 20 years.

Don't kid yourself. The NFL Foundation knows to the freaking penny what is spent.

It's the owners money which is NOT to be spent like a drunken sailor with a million here and there.

There is also a reason when the NFL owner's vote it is NOT a majority vote (50%+1).

It is a 75% vote threshold for passage or 24 owners out of 32 MUST approve changes.

Spanos could not even keep the porta-potties cleaned for the games.

Dean is getting sued by sister Dea Spanos and ugly claims the Chargers / Spanos family are not meeting their charitable obligations. C'mon man ? You really believe what you posted ?

Dea Spanos has since cooled her jets in the litigation. I suspect Dean presented a buyout plan to shut her the fuck up. Its the only thing that makes immediate sense.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...rgers/2969362/

"Millions in debt. Inability to pay off charitable obligations. Breaches of fiduciary duty. Aggressive Misogyny. A private jet to get a haircut.

It’s all alleged in a lawsuit filed this week against Dean Spanos that could tip the balance of power in the Spanos family and, almost certainly, usher in the sale of the National Football League’s Chargers.

The filing was made this week in San Joaquin County Super Court by Dea Spanos Berberian, Dean’s sister. Berberian is trying to make the case that Dean has put the family trust in such deep financial trouble that he should be removed as co-trustee, giving her lone control of the trust."

Bullshit, you’re making this up. Does not deserve a thoughtful reply, but your bully act won’t work with me. I have designed and run large budgets, I have submitted budgets for Board and Owner approval, they NEVER do a line by line review unless they really hate the top line number and want to find what is inside they can cut. There is always executive discretion allowed once the budget is approved to shift funds within the budget accounts to address emerging existential events as the Owners/Board do not want to be in the business of re-approving the damn operating budget every week or month as the normal always-occurring changes to exact budget detail need to be implemented as not 100% of every single thing is perfectly predicted when the executive team prepares and presents a budget for the next fiscal year., you’re just talking out your ass, The want to know “we approved overall spend of XXXX, are you on budget overall or not”. Is the P&L on overall plan or not - if not, what is the Executive team doing about it. Owners aren’t going to go analyze P&L line items to figure out how to recover a shortfall, that is what they hire the Execute team to do.

Dea and Dean’s long running legal game has zero to do with how the league operates in NYC and has been going on since you were sitting at your back door looking for term sheets. The entire chargers team entity is in their family trust. The league is NOT a trust. Complete horse shit to imagine a link or relationship - you’re just throwing turds against a wall to see what sticks.
    Last edited by dmac_bolt; 01-05-2023, 11:17 AM.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Trumpet Man
      Dea Spanos my HERO
      • Dec 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bullshit, you’re making this up. Does not deserve a thoughtful reply, but your bully act won’t work with me. I have designed and run large budgets, I have submitted budgets for Board and Owner approval, they NEVER do a line by line review unless they really hate the top line number and want to find what is inside they can cut. There is always executive discretion allowed once the budget is approved to shift funds within the budget accounts to address emerging existential events as the Owners/Board do not want to be in the business of re-approving the damn operating budget every week or month as the normal always-occurring changes to exact budget detail need to be implemented as not 100% of every single thing is perfectly predicted when the executive team prepares and presents a budget for the next fiscal year., you’re just talking out your ass, The want to know “we approved overall spend of XXXX, are you on budget overall or not”. Is the P&L on overall plan or not - if not, what is the Executive team doing about it. Owners aren’t going to go analyze P&L line items to figure out how to recover a shortfall, that is what they hire the Execute team to do.

Dea and Dean’s long running legal game has zero to do with how the league operates in NYC and has been going on since you were sitting at your back door looking for term sheets. The entire chargers team entity is in their family trust. The league is NOT a trust. Complete horse shit to imagine a link or relationship - you’re just throwing turds against a wall to see what sticks.
      Easy there Simba ....

Truth hurts didn't it ?

The article speaks for itself on the state of affairs in the land of Spanos and willingness to contribute to anything.

Are you sure George Pernicano (RIP) and Bill Fox's 4% combined minority Chargers team interest is in the Spanos family Trust plan 100% ?

This may be a minor technical point but you can not know this answer unless it is disclosed. I have never see the minority owner's mentioned in the Spanos trust plans - have you ? I may have missed it.

Otherwise you must have secret knowledge about the trust documents that no one else knows.

"Yes" a good percentage of the Chargers team's ownership (36%) NOT 100% is in the Spanos family trust as disclosed in the media and in recent court filings.

The 36% represents Alex Spanos and wife Faye Spano's stake in the Chargers or the Spanos family trust.

The 4 kids each have 15% or 60% total ownership (not including from the fractional ownership in the trust).

Spanos clan owns 96% of the teams total ownership with 36% held in a family trust and NOT the entire team.

4% ownership is Pernicano (RIP) & Bill Fox with zero stake in the Spanos trust.

That is the math. 36% vs. 100%

Again read the court filings against the Spanos trust or the 36% the kids are squabbling over.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/charg...095515225.html

Trusts are PRIVATE and NOT PUBLIC. ONLY the beneficiaries have a right to know the details of the trust.

4% of the team "could be" and is very "likely" in the minority owner's own trust for legal protections. I suspect this is the case here. I am not 100% sure but it makes the most sense and adds a layer of protection in the event of a lawsuit levied by or against the minority ownership. That's the whole reason I incorporated as a "C" Corporation to gain an added layer of legal protection and taxes of course.

My .02

BTFU

Comment

• Trumpet Man
        Dea Spanos my HERO
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Sweet!!!!
        Yes indeed.

A "back door" plan exists for a Chargers return to San Diego (not again you say) ... stay tuned folks .....

Comment

• Trumpet Man
          Dea Spanos my HERO
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Easy there Simba ....

Truth hurts didn't it ?

The article speaks for itself on the state of affairs in the land of Spanos and willingness to contribute to anything.

Are you sure George Pernicano (RIP) and Bill Fox's 4% combined minority Chargers team interest is in the Spanos family Trust plan 100% ?

This may be a minor technical point but you can not know this answer unless it is disclosed. I have never seen the minority owner's mentioned in the Spanos trust plans - have you ? I may have missed it.

Otherwise you must have secret knowledge about the trust documents that no one else knows.

"Yes" a good percentage of the Chargers team's ownership (36%) NOT 100% is in the Spanos family trust as disclosed in the media and in recent court filings.

The 36% represents Alex Spanos and wife Faye Spano's stake in the Chargers or the Spanos family trust.

The 4 kids each have 15% or 60% total ownership (not including from the fractional ownership in the trust).

Spanos clan owns 96% of the teams total ownership with 36% held in a family trust and NOT the entire team.

Again read the court filings against the Spanos trust or the 36% the kids are squabbling over.

Trusts are PRIVATE and NOT PUBLIC. ONLY the beneficiaries have a right to know the details of the trust.

4% of the team "could be" and is very "likely" in the minority owner's own trust for legal protections. I suspect this is the case here. I am not 100% sure but it makes the most sense and adds a layer of protection in the event of a lawsuit levied by or against the minority ownership. That's the whole reason I incorporated as a "C" Corporation to gain an added layer of legal protection and taxes of course.

My .02

BTFU

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Easy there Simba ....

Truth hurts didn't it ?

This may be a minor technical point but you can not know this answer unless it is disclosed. I have never see the minority owner's mentioned in the Spanos trust plans - have you ? I may have missed it.

My .02

BTFU
            You’re a clown bro. nobody in the League Office is calling Spanos and asking if it’s ok for the NFL to spend on charitable activities paid by the League. He’s not even on the NFL Finance committee nor any other league committee.

Nothing you’re writing about Dea’s fight against Dean has anything to do with what the NFL league offices are doing for charities. Are you unstable, confused, disoriented, or does did this truth just hurt?

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

The NFL has excellent health care and retirement now (they didn’t used to). And I am sure the owners will do the right things. Nothing is sorted yet. If I recall correctly Darryl Stingley had to sue to get the Patriots to pay his health care after he was paralyzed by Jack Tatum. Think about how much things have changed.

TG
              If you are referring to the attitudes of the owners, not much.....not much at all.

The "excellent health care and retirement plans" you refer to happened by the players forming a union, collectively bargaining, and walking out on occasion.
              It had nothing to do with any change of heart on part of a new breed of owners.

The league (various reps of the owners) wanted to have the Bills/Bengals game continue: the team leaders said nope!
              Its a crass, insensitive group.

How much more evidence do you need?

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                Dea Spanos my HERO
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re a clown bro. nobody in the League Office is calling Spanos and asking if it’s ok for the NFL to spend on charitable activities paid by the League. He’s not even on the NFL Finance committee nor any other league committee.

Nothing you’re writing about Dea’s fight against Dean has anything to do with what the NFL league offices are doing for charities. Are you unstable, confused, disoriented, or does did this truth just hurt?
                You are the one who said the WHOLE team is in the Spanos trust and I just spelled it out. That is the furthest thing from the truth.

36% does not equal 100%

If you are wrong on the math then what else ?

Put it simply, the Hamlin Children's fund drive is over $7 million yet the NFL league office is crickets.

Don't ya think it would be appropriate as a goodwill gesture by this point with your NFL league millionaire slush funds to do at least something ? Anything ?

Sure a few NFL players and whatever here and there have contributed but where is the mighty NFL with that contribution to the toys. Maybe a few benjamins to the hospital ? Shit that would be nice precedent. I'd like to be a fly on that wall you seem to think does not require an owners vote and to pass with at least 24 owners saying :"YES spend my money" ..... Hurry. Dude that play is happening right now. The NFL owner's look yet again like a bunch of bumbling idiots.

I would not be surprised the NFL owners may have been asked to pony up a million each for the hospital yet failed to reach a 24 vote consensus as required by the NFL owner's By-law. Which reads "fuck the player" in some eyes. Mine at least. The media traction would have been beautiful timing. America loves heroes yet the NFL league office which represents ALL of the NFL owner's completely shits the sheets.

And the f'n NFL owners still sit on their collective hands and lean back on their thumbs. It sours the taste and is bad form. Social media has a procto-scope at the ready and exposes the NFL once again.

This bozo the clown has spoken and I need a michelada thinking about this shit.

It's the playoffs soooo....

BTFU

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

From an NBC Sports reporter in Boston:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                    From an NBC Sports reporter in Boston:

They usually play the superbowl in a pre-determined site but they could play the conference championships in neutral sites if they really wanted they could have a short list of domed and fair weather sites to choose from every year, I’ve always thought that playing one less game on top of playing all your games at home was a bit much of an advantage for teams that are very often tied with other teams in win percentage and it comes down to stupid tie breakers…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

The league has now officially declared the Bengals-Bills game a "no contest." The owners will meet on Friday to decide on changes to seeding for the playoffs. I guess the conversion should continued in the "Playoff Races / Seeding​" topic. I should have posted there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

You are the one who said the WHOLE team is in the Spanos trust and I just spelled it out. That is the furthest thing from the truth.

36% does not equal 100%

If you are wrong on the math then what else ?

Put it simply, the Hamlin Children's fund drive is over $7 million yet the NFL league office is crickets.

Don't ya think it would be appropriate as a goodwill gesture by this point with your NFL league millionaire slush funds to do at least something ? Anything ?

Sure a few NFL players and whatever here and there have contributed but where is the mighty NFL with that contribution to the toys. Maybe a few benjamins to the hospital ? Shit that would be nice precedent. I'd like to be a fly on that wall you seem to think does not require an owners vote and to pass with at least 24 owners saying :"YES spend my money" ..... Hurry. Dude that play is happening right now. The NFL owner's look yet again like a bunch of bumbling idiots.

I would not be surprised the NFL owners may have been asked to pony up a million each for the hospital yet failed to reach a 24 vote consensus as required by the NFL owner's By-law. Which reads "fuck the player" in some eyes. Mine at least. The media traction would have been beautiful timing. America loves heroes yet the NFL league office which represents ALL of the NFL owner's completely shits the sheets.

And the f'n NFL owners still sit on their collective hands and lean back on their thumbs. It sours the taste and is bad form. Social media has a procto-scope at the ready and exposes the NFL once again.

This bozo the clown has spoken and I need a michelada thinking about this shit.

It's the playoffs soooo....

BTFU
                        We weren’t even talking about the Chargers and the trust. We were talking about if the NFL would donate to Damar’s charity and you made a wild claim that owners wouldn’t let league executives transfer any charity money and then wrongly asserted they approve every budget line item spent by the league offices and as proof you made a freak unrelated segue to Dea suing Dean because of Dean not fully funding charity commitments. Fucking bizarre, you’ve got loose bolts in your engine.

now you’re just throwing more trash on owners with no knowledge, information, or even a rumor. you just wouldn’t be surprised. You have the imagination of a deranged meth addict yelling at the sidewalk. Why does the hospital need 32 million dollars to treat one player? Talk about greedy gouge … forget the owners, go after the hospital!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

They usually play the superbowl in a pre-determined site but they could play the conference championships in neutral sites if they really wanted they could have a short list of domed and fair weather sites to choose from every year, I’ve always thought that playing one less game on top of playing all your games at home was a bit much of an advantage for teams that are very often tied with other teams in win percentage and it comes down to stupid tie breakers…
                          Couple days ago, my kid and I came up with the idea of the first seed getting to choose to have either the Bye, OR homefield throughout...now thats getting tossed around.

I dont really care...as long as they dont add another team to the bracket...disgusted by that money grabbing idea.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X