• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Such a shame, Bills/Dolphins and Ravens/Bengals could have been great wildcard games but now they're borderline unwatchable. The bright side is the divisional round should be awesome, I think we get Chargers/Chiefs, Bengals/Bills, Eagles/Cowboys and Vikings/Niners.
    I suppose there's some kind of poetic justice in the Bengals and Bills having to play each other after all.

Given who the Dolphins and Ravens are throwing out there at QB it has an air of inevitabilty now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I suppose there's some kind of poetic justice in the Bengals and Bills having to play each other after all.

Given who the Dolphins and Ravens are throwing out there at QB it has an air of inevitabilty now.
      They are overdue to play a game.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Divisional matchs up

LAC at KC
        CIN at BUF

If I put 50.00$ on that, it gives what ? 55 ?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Yikes. Tom Brady was heavily exposed when the cryptocurrency exchange FTX went bankrupt in November. Bankruptcy filings show he owned 1.1 million share of FTX, while his ex-wife Gisele owned 686,000 shares.

The pair were brand ambassadors for FTX. It's not known how much of their shares were payment for their promotion of the firm, or if they bought shares with real money. Forbes had once valued Brady's shares at $45 million. Now they are worthless.

It also makes you wonder if Brady had crypto banked on the exchange. I wonder how many pro athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. had crypto they bought with real money banked on FTX, which is now untouchable or gone. FTX courted pro athletes heavily and had promotional deals with several.

They also had an arena naming rights deal with the Miami heat and with UC Berkeley for its football stadium. I hope no Chargers were deeply exposed in the FTX/SBF debacle. I know Herbert has crypto holdings.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Yikes. Tom Brady was heavily exposed when the cryptocurrency exchange FTX went bankrupt in November. Bankruptcy filings show he owned 1.1 million share of FTX, while his ex-wife Gisele owned 686,000 shares.

The pair were brand ambassadors for FTX. It's not known how much of their shares were payment for their promotion of the firm, or if they bought shares with real money. Forbes had once valued Brady's shares at $45 million. Now they are worthless.

It also makes you wonder if Brady had crypto banked on the exchange. I wonder how many pro athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. had crypto they bought with real money banked on FTX, which is now untouchable or gone. FTX courted pro athletes heavily and had promotional deals with several.

They also had an arena naming rights deal with the Miami heat and with UC Berkeley for its football stadium. I hope no Chargers were deeply exposed in the FTX/SBF debacle. I know Herbert has crypto holdings.
            Chump change for the Tom and Gisele. They derive that value at FTX stock high print and we don’t know where they purchased them….most likely much lower.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Chump change for the Tom and Gisele. They derive that value at FTX stock high print and we don’t know where they purchased them….most likely much lower.
              It will depend how much real money from his personal fortune outside of he earned from FTX he had invested in FTX. Details will interesting in the future. Robert Kraft was also heavily invested and stands to lose a packet. This is getting interesting.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...es-bankruptcy/

CNN has a bit more information. When firms go bankrupt, stockholders are last in line recoup losses. Creditors are first in line; in this case those who had assets deposited with FTX. I again wonder how much Brady had deposited at FTX, in addition to the stockholder shares he owned in the company. Most of the assets are gone, even the creditors/depositers will probably get pennies on the dollar if the are lucky.

Less than a year after Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen appeared in a series of Super Bowl ads for FTX, the former couple have emerged as some of the biggest equity holders in the now-bankrupt enterprise.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I doubt they invested any money in FTX. The shares were more likely in exchange for services and probably options or warrants so they didn’t have to pay tax on the value when they got them

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

I doubt they invested any money in FTX. The shares were more likely in exchange for services and probably options or warrants so they didn’t have to pay tax on the value when they got them
                  You would probably know.

What about Robert Kraft, he had to have invested real money to obtain his shares, right?

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

You would probably know.

What about Robert Kraft, he had to have invested real money to obtain his shares, right?
                    probably. i didn't see him in any endorsements

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

the injustice is if that game is not played at a neutral site. i had heard at one point that it is was part of the neutral site discussion, but it looks like it did not happen. i am sure the NFL is hoping not to see Bills / Bengals stir up a controversy, but the Ravens and Dolphins are pretty much dead meat. the biggest mystery for the next round is chargers or jags vs. the chiefs.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Bummer that Miami and Ravens likely are speedbumps. I would have preferred an upset potential in there to take a team out early.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

the injustice is if that game is not played at a neutral site. i had heard at one point that it is was part of the neutral site discussion, but it looks like it did not happen. i am sure the NFL is hoping not to see Bills / Bengals stir up a controversy, but the Ravens and Dolphins are pretty much dead meat. the biggest mystery for the next round is chargers or jags vs. the chiefs.
                          I've not heard " dead meat" in ages!( I guess not a British thing?)
                          Classic!

Comment

Working...
                          X