• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BayAreaBoltz
    Chargers Hall of Fame
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Keep in mind everyone, I was the first to say months ago...
    Carr and Lamar Jackson swap via trade or just FA
    Both a better fit for each others franchises.
    From a friend today: "Just spoke to my buddy in vegas. He hosts nfl players. He said that a guy told him raiders are getting lamar. That it's a done deal. ‍♂️ He also said Lamar just bought a 7m home in vegas." The guy used to play for ravens and is friends with Lamar I guess.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Lamar seems like an odd fit for a McDaniels offense.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

From a friend today: "Just spoke to my buddy in vegas. He hosts nfl players. He said that a guy told him raiders are getting lamar. That it's a done deal. ‍♂️ He also said Lamar just bought a 7m home in vegas." The guy used to play for ravens and is friends with Lamar I guess.
        Isn’t that tampering? Lamar isn’t a FA yet and allowed to negotiate according to rules, right? And Lamar doesn’t have an agent, IIRC.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

I would love Lamar to go to the Raiders, a match made in heaven.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Purdy looked really fucking good today. Stud game step up, bruh, congrats.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I was thinking the same as far as Carroll. He must be the QB whisperer lol.

As for Carr, I cant see Carr going to a team that is in cold weather with no roof. I know the popular thing to say is money talks but Carr doesnt put an importance on money. He has restructured before to be able to afford other players.
              IMO if he has a few offers and one has a dome in a cold city or has better weather but offers less money, he will pick that team.....provided the team doesnt stink. He does want to win a champioship as well.
              If a QB doesn’t care about top $, he’s going to go to the team he thinks has the best change to win a trophy.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                sounds good. i want one of those one way tickets to Thailand.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                  Since Balboa Stadium
                  • Sep 2022
                  • LA
                  • Send PM

The games today...two of the teams missing their starting QB's I know of...I hate that....What is with Tua he has been on the protocol since Dec 23 and he still can't play? I read he has had three concussions this year. It might be one of those deals like Stan Humphries...just every little hit and it kicks in again.. He might be on the way to being done.

So I doubt the Dolphins can compete with the Bills, nor the Ravens without Lamar compete with Cincy. I guess we have to wait till tomorrow for a decent game..

Normally this is one of the best weekends in football(Next week is the best)....

Oh well.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                    The games today...two of the teams missing their starting QB's I know of...I hate that....What is with Tua he has been on the protocol since Dec 23 and he still can't play? I read he has had three concussions this year. It might be one of those deals like Stan Humphries...just every little hit and it kicks in again.. He might be on the way to being done.

So I doubt the Dolphins can compete with the Bills, nor the Ravens without Lamar compete with Cincy. I guess we have to wait till tomorrow for a decent game..

Normally this is one of the best weekends in football(Next week is the best)....

Oh well.
                    I agree. And, yet, their D has raised their game and they've taken the lead in the 3rd quarter. Go figure.

See, Miami got a defensive minded coach and....oh, wait. No. They got an offensive guy. Interesting.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                      Since Balboa Stadium
                      • Sep 2022
                      • LA
                      • Send PM

I agree. And, yet, their D has raised their game and they've taken the lead in the 3rd quarter. Go figure.

See, Miami got a defensive minded coach and....oh, wait. No. They got an offensive guy. Interesting.
                      Dolphins played great or maybe the Bills had a bit of a letdown. I guess I should have remembered. Division games are usually close. I kind thought if the Bolts could get by the Jags, we would play KC close.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                        Since Balboa Stadium
                        • Sep 2022
                        • LA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Lamar seems like an odd fit for a McDaniels offense.
                        This guy was supposed to be the wave of the future...and he seemed to be a least from afar..when healthy...but I read somewhere even Harbaugh has lost faith in him because he us unable to throw a ball to the center of the field..he was out 5 games and they won 3 of them...injured the last two years at the end of the season.

Honestly there is no future with a runninq QB..as you can also see in Arizona for the most part. The only guy that has stayed healthy is Josh Allen and it could come any time. Would he be better than Carr...dunno...i think with Carr its just he makes so much money for what he has produced. They sat him the last two games because his contract was guaranteed if he got hurt and they did not want him to get hurt....

But I don't care what the Raiders do. He would probably help them I suppose. Carr was a dud.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2020
                          • Send PM

Look at how much all the teams that bossed out this weekend have done.

They ran the ball. That's play-off football right there.

Jaguars ran the ball for over 100 yards after going down by 27.
                          49ers had 180+ yards on the ground yesterday.
                          Look at Daboll's offense being very effective with the ground game.

That Jags stat sticks out. You know how common knowledge is to throw the ball more when you go down by a few scores?
                          Well, the Jaguars didn't abandon the running game. Why would they when the defense you're playing against is soft?
                          That's one thing we're missing: our offense is so one-dimensional and soft.

Not built for playoff football and they're a long way from it.

Comment

Working...
                          X