• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That Byner fumble might be the second worst play ever, behind the Wilson throwing the game ending interception in the Super Bowl. But the McCree (for obvious reasons) is more painful to me as a Charger fan. What pisses me off even more about it is that says that even today he'd do the same thing again instead of going to the ground after the pick!
    But McCree didn't even need to catch the Brady pass.... it was 4rth down.
    By dropping it, the ball gets advance 20 yards up field.

That's why it is near the top of infamous Charger plays in my book.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They got pounded under a 17 pt crushing blowout loss. History shmistory, wgaf and even decides what that is. They were pegged as the best team in the league most of the season and they laid a stinky flaccid egg on their home field against a team with most of their OL out for injury. They got bent over and bitchslapped by backups in their own house in the biggest game of the year.

we lost by 1 pt to a team that was within one score of beating the Chiefs. If all you saw was the final score and didn’t know about the initial 24 pts, which loss looks worse? Sean McDermott is obviously a horrible failure of a coach who got so outclassed ad abused he should be fired.
      If McDermott can't get out of the divisional round, he'll get bounced sooner than later.

I can't think of anything worse than a head coach who gets that deer in the headlight look, pissing away a 27 point lead gifted to him by multiple turnovers.
      Maybe Al Luginbill, ranting on the sidelines about somebody stopping the opposing offense was worse: tough call!

If the Bills had a 5 turnover advantage, they would have won.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If McDermott can't get out of the divisional round, he'll get bounced sooner than later.

I can't think of anything worse than a head coach who gets that deer in the headlight look, pissing away a 27 point lead gifted to him by multiple turnovers.
        Maybe Al Luginbill, ranting on the sidelines about somebody stopping the opposing offense was worse: tough call!

It's really difficult to say anything good about that game . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I get the when our son falls off a wall it hurts more than a report of a soldier badly injured overseas, even if the soldier’s injury is much worse. its normal to feel that our pain is worse.

But I’ll again just play contrarian. Why didn’t the Bills just go and get those 5 turnovers? Why didn’t McDermott devise a plan to take the ball away? The fact they didn’t take the ball away like Staley’s D did is not a reason to prefer McDermott’s coaching.

gotta go back to the simple basic facts - add up every plus and minus and Mcmuffin laid a stinking 17 lb turd on his mom’s kitchen floor (at home) and Staley lost by 1 pt on the road after a short week. The fact Mcflubber never got his team 24 pts ahead is not a plus - why didn’t he get them 24 pts ahead? Why did his high powered offense only score 3 measly points the entire second half if not for bad coaching? And only 7 pts the entire first half? Where were the adjustments? Why couldn’t he solve Cincy’s modestly good but hardly dominant defense?

Why did his top-rated team get dominated on both sides of the ball if he is a great coach? He was defending against a backup OL in Cincy and they bitch slapped his starting defense up and down the field. Why didn’t he adjust? Pfft, horrible coaching failure.

How many playoff games should he lose before he’s the worst loser coach in the NFL? Apparently Staley is after 1. McDoofus should have beat KC last year but he let them steal that win by giving up 22 pts in the second half. Staley gave up 24 pts - kinda the same thing except McDermott also gave up 14 in the first half.

Our pain is worse, i get it, but it wouldn’t be about the Chargers if we lived in Buffalo. Forget this silly “embarrassment” canard, all losses are losses. Moving on.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They got pounded under a 17 pt crushing blowout loss. History shmistory, wgaf and even decides what that is. They were pegged as the best team in the league most of the season and they laid a stinky flaccid egg on their home field against a team with most of their OL out for injury. They got bent over and bitchslapped by backups in their own house in the biggest game of the year.

we lost by 1 pt to a team that was within one score of beating the Chiefs. If all you saw was the final score and didn’t know about the initial 24 pts, which loss looks worse? Sean McDermott is obviously a horrible failure of a coach who got so outclassed ad abused he should be fired.
            When I’ve burned the last 30+ minutes of the Jags game from my memory, I’ll get back to you with my answer.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

When I’ve burned the last 30+ minutes of the Jags game from my memory, I’ll get back to you with my answer.
              I almost got it. All I have to do is erase the last 6 minutes.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Ravens interviewing Eric Bienemy.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Ravens interviewing Eric Bienemy.
                  If Bienemy is smart he moves on from the Chiefs even if “lateral”. He’s viewed as a clip board holder with Andy Reid

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If Bienemy is smart he moves on from the Chiefs even if “lateral”. He’s viewed as a clip board holder with Andy Reid
                    Been saying that for years.
                    he's content waiting for big red to have a heart attack apparently.
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Maybe he is just a clipboard holder?
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Fangio to Miami as DC