• Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Gotta love his honesty:

and when someone gets hurt playing dodge ball, they will switch the format to play card games like Uno.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

and when someone gets hurt playing dodge ball, they will switch the format to play card games like Uno.
      Not Uno - gotta be Risk!!!

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Interesting....
        I’d take him

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Checked out the Flag game. Lame, clock never stops running, Hundley at QB, Cowboys return man Turpin at WR lol. How did he make it?

It's a joke. Game over in less than an hour.

Eli wins, sign him up as our OC. He won a Flag football game beating Payton with calls like "play 1" lol.

If guess there is going to be another game to follow after a kicking comp.

They need to get more creative or shut er down..

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I haven't watched a Pro Bowl game in 20 years. The last one I watched looked a lot like a dodgeball game.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              the amount of factless uniformed gossip posted in these pages is simply astounding. The amount of time some guys devote to making shit up out of their warped imaginations … is dedication, I’ll give them that
              That's funny... I used to feel the same way about the Game Day Thread... LOL!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                I haven't watched a Pro Bowl game in 20 years. The last one I watched looked a lot like a dodgeball game.
                Watched skills today and in fact was dodgeball :uplol:

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Don't laugh but a pro-bowl poker tournament would be more entertaining than watching the pro-bowl game itself. Would be fun watching players trying to bullshit each other at the poker table and we get to actually see their personalities unfold. LOL!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

Was he "bad" or was the organization and team just bad? I had mentioned somewhere before, when you have the players just about any play can work. You can call a greatly designed play where lets say a guy will break wide open, but if the QB has 2 seconds and is running for his life...people this as...what is with that play?..and when there is no running game where you are one dimensional and the defense can make your other dimension that much harder...

Are some OC's better than others if there was some way to measure..I am sure. But it all depends on the players on the field. Some of the greatest teams of all time had very simple offenses. Which is why I insist...the HC is the starting point. If you have a team that is suspect in some manner(losing a 27-0 lead)...I would start with the HC as the issue.

Back in the day when the NFL was just starting, I suppose certain coaches like Sid Gillman could get some type of advantage with new innovations, some new type of scheme or approach that would catch other teams off-guard.

We see that some with the mobile QB(Philly has it)...but that model collapses when the QB gets hurt. So other than that,

Based on nothing what so ever...I guess I expect the Chargers offense to improve...if the OL can stay healthy.

As far as a good OC making halftime adjustments....I saw some segment on Peyton/Eli show talking about that.. They said its a myth. There is not enough time. Just time to grab and orange and use the head.

When Lombardi first came I actually liked his play calling honestly. The way he used the tight ends. Sometimes the running game looked good. I just think injuries caught up with the team.
                    you just described the Norval Effect. Norv’s offense was brilliant with a great OL and 3+ HOF skill players. Without the strong OL, it didn’t work.

I agree players make plays. Too often the coach is blamed, not just here but everywhere. Folks are much more likely to blame their own coach vs an external coach. Case in point - our “27 pt” game - we actually lost by 1 pt, not 27. I pointed out Bills lost by 17, got outclassed on every side of the ball, basically beat from start to finish, in their own home field, even got flattened by Cincy’s backup OL, but not one person would agree McDermott was outcoached in that game.

I 100% get why. This isn’t a Bills Bummer Barn, it’s a Chargers Cuss Club. We CARE about the Chargers, nobody gives a fuck to think hard about the Bills. It’s all subjective, hard to quantify. But yeah- lots of examples of “genius” coaches who suddenly weren’t so fucking smart when they lost their best start players. NE hasn’t been the same since Brady left.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Don't laugh but a pro-bowl poker tournament would be more entertaining than watching the pro-bowl game itself. Would be fun watching players trying to bullshit each other at the poker table and we get to actually see their personalities unfold. LOL!
                      I think only a poker player would want to see that.
                      I gave this new PB format a try. I'm out going forward. Just name them and that's that. Just like they name all pro teams .

We shouldn't have to watch guys like Turpin and Hundley in a pro bowl, playing half assed flag football.. It's an absolute joke.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-06-2023, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Generally speaking, it is free agency and draft season.

No more bull shit.
                        No More Mr. Nice Guy.

Personnel matters infinitely more than people realize.
                        Not more than I realize, but I am a Wu disciple.

I want all my TPB brothers that feel uncomfortably questioned because I and a few call our your ridiculous made up bullshit and need to tell me to not be so tense or relax that you all should just fucking relax.

You go on and spout your fabricated hate-shit, we will call it shit, and we’ll all just runse and repeat for several months until some FA and then Draft action occurs. No hard feelings, i certainly don’t get tense about an Internet forum. Just chatting over here …
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          I think only a poker player would want to see that.
                          I gave this new PB format a try. I'm out going forward. Just name them and that's that. Just like they name all pro teams .

We shouldn't have to watch guys like Turpin and Hundley in a pro bowl, playing half assed flag football.. It's an absolute joke.
                          How about Derwin James selling popcorn in boxes with the Raiders logo on it?

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X