Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

The Athletic's Matt Schneidman wrote that Jordan Love "has yet to even provide a glimpse at why the Packers traded up to draft him in the first round."

Love was featured in the "Falling Stock" section of the Packers' training camp recap, largely because of his arm. Schneidman writes, "Nobody expected him to take the world by storm in his first nine practices, but every throw he makes seems like a touch pass and he’s had some accuracy issues early on." Love was a highly debated prospect coming out of Utah State for this exact reason. While he made unbelievable plays at times, Love had notable accuracy and interception issues on tape. The Packers likely have two seasons to groom Love with Aaron Rodgers' contract essentially preventing him from leaving before that, but it appears they have their work cut out with development. Love's raw tools are what made the Packers trade up for him in the later portion of the 2020 first round.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          The Athletic's Matt Schneidman wrote that Jordan Love "has yet to even provide a glimpse at why the Packers traded up to draft him in the first round."

Love was featured in the "Falling Stock" section of the Packers' training camp recap, largely because of his arm. Schneidman writes, "Nobody expected him to take the world by storm in his first nine practices, but every throw he makes seems like a touch pass and he’s had some accuracy issues early on." Love was a highly debated prospect coming out of Utah State for this exact reason. While he made unbelievable plays at times, Love had notable accuracy and interception issues on tape. The Packers likely have two seasons to groom Love with Aaron Rodgers' contract essentially preventing him from leaving before that, but it appears they have their work cut out with development. Love's raw tools are what made the Packers trade up for him in the later portion of the 2020 first round.

Just view K9 as our 2nd rounder and Love as our 3rd rounder and we break even on our draft day trade.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You never know what good coaching can do along with being mentored by Rodgers but I sure didn't see what everybody was gushing about. From my eyes he was a fourth round talent that needed work.

I'm just not one to go Gaga over a strong arm.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
              I just saw this. What a shame for the young man. This type of thing can end careers.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Love this guy.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Great stuff. Johnny, Bobby, and Dutch. All hail The Cobra Kai!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

The guy I wanted the Chargers to draft in 2019 is out for the season:

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Glad we got Herbert.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Glad we got Herbert.
                        I never understood all of the fuss for Love. I guess that is sort of panning out now. Maybe he just needs that year or two.....but does he get it????

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I never understood all of the fuss for Love. I guess that is sort of panning out now. Maybe he just needs that year or two.....but does he get it????
                          There's a reason why Herbert was taken #6 and Love dropped to the bottom of round 1. Rodgers has nothing to fear from this kid and it will take at least three years on the bench before he has a clue.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X