Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Anybody who thinks their tailgate party holds up to a tailgate party @the Murph... just hasn't been there.

Sunday morning I roll out of bed... it's hard, because I was out until 1 am drinking @The Sunshine Company or listening to reggae at Winston's.
    I swing by Roberto's for a Machaca Burrito. I pick up a Breakfast Burrito for Zeke and a Chorizo Burrito for Chuck... because that's our thing and I'm a nice guy.

I head for Section D4 and set up the pop-up. There is always sunshine on game day and a cool ocean breeze from the west. The gas burner, the grill, and the skillet fit perfectly under the shade. I'll be making fish tacos, Zeke will prepare his Mexican Mama's special carne asada recipe. Zeke's wife always makes fresh corn tortillas for the the tacos. Chuck's family is originally from Kansas City (he hates the Chiefs with all his might)... so he knows how to BBQ the chicken and ribs. I'd tell you how I make my white sauce so perfect... but then it wouldn't be a secret, would it...? The salsa is fresh and contains cilantro. Cilantro isn't a secret... it's always mandatory for anyone who really knows. If your cousin from Nebraska complains... tell him to go back to Nebraska. It's not traditional to put shredded cheddar on your fish taco. But if you put it right on top of the golden crusted fish immediately out of the pan... it will melt perfectly and provide a layer for your cabbage to sit on. Apply salsa, white sauce and Tapatio... and never, ever question whether a fan from another city is living larger than you.

Make sure to share... because you're nice. And you know Zeke and Chuck will give you some of theirs, too.
    Always enjoy it with a couple of San Diego's famous microbrews. Don't settle for that shit they're pounding in Milwaukee... you're better than that. You deserve more.

Don't over-drink... because there is always that traditional shot of tequila we do @D4 just before we go in.
    Find your South side seats. Remember, the North side is in the sun... and only un-witting visitors over-pay for those seats. After 4 hours of blazing sun and over-consuming of cheap beer... the North side will be littered with nearly passed-out slobs and smell like barf... not to mention all the whining and crying from the losing visiting team's fans.

They'll complain about the perfect weather... tell you how annoying it is that the bars close @2... complain about the Mexican border (even with Zeke sitting right in front of them) as they head for the trolley. Inform them that the sooner they go home... the better! Tell them to leave and never come back. But they won't. They never will. Because December sucks in Buffalo... Chicago... Minnesota... Green Bay... Detroit... New York... Kansas City... Denver...

Anyways... I'm 100% sure that tailgating can't be beat in San Diego. Anyone who thinks so... just hasn't been there.
    POTY.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• PackerNation
      Banned
      • Jun 2023
      • Send PM

Last time at a NFL game in San Diego was 2011 at Qualcomm Stadium. Won't hit too hard on this, but was worst stadium in the NFL. San Diego Stadium, and Jack Murphy included. As far as tailgating goes, more of a hassle and not pleasurable. The stadium itself was an absolute dump. No hate, just reality.

Never got a new stadium in San Diego and that knocks the Chargers down to near irrelevant levels. Moved, and the name should have stayed in San Diego. Again, I won't harp on this, because the move was not the fans fault, but it's bad.

I know San Diego Chargers fans that are not Los Angeles Chargers fans. They are happy with just the Padres. I applaud them for not supporting the Los Angeles Chargers. It's actually a fraud that they kept the name.

Been to Snapdragon Stadium and it's enjoyable. Not sure what the latest is with SDSU and the Mountain West, but more power to the Aztecs, no matter what happens.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post
        Last time at a NFL game in San Diego was 2011 at Qualcomm Stadium. Won't hit too hard on this, but was worst stadium in the NFL. San Diego Stadium, and Jack Murphy included. As far as tailgating goes, more of a hassle and not pleasurable. The stadium itself was an absolute dump. No hate, just reality.

Never got a new stadium in San Diego and that knocks the Chargers down to near irrelevant levels. Moved, and the name should have stayed in San Diego. Again, I won't harp on this, because the move was not the fans fault, but it's bad.

I know San Diego Chargers fans that are not Los Angeles Chargers fans. They are happy with just the Padres. I applaud them for not supporting the Los Angeles Chargers. It's actually a fraud that they kept the name.

Been to Snapdragon Stadium and it's enjoyable. Not sure what the latest is with SDSU and the Mountain West, but more power to the Aztecs, no matter what happens.
        And herein lies the problem with fans like PackerNation... they look for the negative, and consequently, see nothing more.
        Your first 3 sentences suggest that either A) You're making shit up, or B) You're confused.
        I know what Qualcomm Stadium is... but not so sure what you mean by San Diego Stadium. Are you talking about the new multi-purpose stadium as it existed in 1969... or are you mistakenly referring to the older Balboa Stadium...? And if you are "including" Jack Murphy... is this the person... or the stadium...? And what makes you believe they are two different entities (included)...?

As far as "multi-purpose" stadiums went, the Murph was pretty nice. I don't know if you've ever been to any of the other sites (Oakland, Candlestick, or Anaheim). Candlestick was the worst... but that to do with the cold weather and the wind. The swirling trash, moistness off the bay, and wind made tailgating a real "hassle". What "hassles" did you encounter tailgating at the Murph? I see that average temperatures in Green Bay are 31/16 high/low. Not enough snow for you? Did you miss the frostbite?

The "Chargers" name isn't exclusive to San Diego. Their first year of existence was in Los Angeles before moving to San Diego's Balboa Stadium. I won't harp on this... or even expect you to know/care... after all, you don't even seem to know/care who Sid Gillman is...

As far as the infrastructure of the Murph... hand railings showed rust and the visiting sides seats were obstructed. But if you knew to stay away from the obstructed seats... and were watching the game instead of staring at the rust... you probably had a good time. The grass field itself was immaculate! The brown, frozen, dead surface @Lambeau is an eye-sore half the season. Just saying... maybe you never noticed. LOL!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Two things: Qualcomm had actual seats as opposed to benches in Lambeau. World of difference there. Lambeau people bring their own seat backs. It’s a hassle and if you don’t have one it’s uncomfortable.

Second, no one in San Diego is happy with the Padres right now

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Qualcomm Stadium, Jack Murphy (first stadium, then the field) and San Diego Stadium are the same stadium, not sure if your sentence is just clumsily incoherent or you are full of shit and think those were different stadiums. The Murph or the Q, as we always called it, suffered the flaw of “multi-purpose” design, it was not ideal for football nor baseball. It degraded internally over the decades and sadly a huge contingent of transplants without loyalty to San Diego voted no for a new stadium. Green Bay will never suffer the problem of so many transplants not from Green Bay that they affect local politics.

Tell us more about your enjoyable trip to Snap Dragon? Why was it enjoyable, what did you like? What event did you attend? I find it very surprising a dude from Wisconsin attended a game at Snap Dragon in its first and only year of existence. Yeah, more than surprised - so you’re a big San Diego State and MWC football fan now? the first two home games were in blistering 100+ heat and Snapdragon didn’t install the optional shade arms over the seating, people were leaving their seats to hide under the structure in the vending areas. Tailgating sucks there now compared to the old Q, restricted and expensive, hassle-filled. It can be done for those that insist but it is not the same as the old Q.

Yeah - I’m calling bullshit. You googled our fine town and learned the demise of the Q and building of Snapdragon. Stalker bro, i get it - you gotta keep this BS thing of yours going. Are you on the sites of every other team you play this year too? Is that why we sometimes miss you for a few hours, you’re making shit up over there?

Oh, the “latest” and its not for you, as you’re full of it, but for the others - it’s kind of a mess. SDSU notified MWC that they intend to withdraw from the conference and asked for a month extension in the due date (because Pac12 can’t handle their shit) to make that formal decision. MWC replied no extension and further that they said they accepted SDSUs withdrawal. SDSU then replied they did not formally withdraw yet, they simply said they intend to. MWC said fuck yeah you did and yeah we accepted and we want our exit fee. They just held back $6.6M in funds that were due paid to all conference members. So thats now a mess

Pac12 has stalled with making an offer because they cant get their media deal done because to be blunt they are teetering with collapsing value and may fold under if they lose a couple more of their big names. They had~6 good schools and 6 lousy ones, and they lost 2 of the best. 2 more good ones UW an UO are talking about leaving to B10, another 2 would jump right behind them. Word is talk with B12 is active at another several and that would destroy the conference and force it to fold completely or merge with another. What was expected to be a P12 bid to SDSU months ago stalls and stalls, putting SDSU in their shit position now.

Meanwhile B12 sniffs around and pretends they may have some interest but they have done nothing of note. They should - it’s the ONLY school that could rise to their level in all SoCal - which has many people as Texas. It would be a solid brand expansion for B12, I don’t see a larger expansion by adding just one school. Word is they are considering UofAz, Colorado, and a few which were traditionally bigger than SDSU under the old Pac12 umbrella and they don’t see the SoCal expansion as being as valuable as i estimate it, vs the value of the 2nd-tier Pac12 names. I’d personally advise that old Pac12 umbrella of second tier names in tiny markets will be worth less in the long run.

IF SDSU moves to Pac12, I expect its temporary as that conference won’t survive 5 years. Staying in MWC is perhaps worse, so it’s not a bad move just not the Pac12 move they always dreamed of and long deserved. USC and UCLA blocked them for 40 years to prevent any competition in SoCal to their duality. Dicks.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• PackerNation
              Banned
              • Jun 2023
              • Send PM

San Diego Stadium was the name of the stadium before it was called Jack Murphy or Qualcomm. Why I mentioned all the names when I referred to it as a dump. Try to keep up.

And you keep bringing up Sid Gillman and Don Coryell. I know ALL about them. I just don't randomly discuss them for no reason. Should I claim you don't know anything about Curly Lambeau because you don't care to discuss him? Get a grip, and sit down already, my god.

I'd like to keep this thread on topic. This is the Other Teams News section. This is not the place for Los Angeles Chargers discussions. Thank you.

It's a little slow on the news front right now in Titletown, but we are just 20 days away from the full squad reporting to camp.

The Packers are laser focused on the 2023 season. A lot of the national media is focused on Jordan Love, but J-Love isn't doing this alone. It's funny how the national narrative was that the Packers didn't give Aaron Rodgers enough weapons. Aaron never said that, but it was the false narrative outside of Wisconsin. Now the national narrative is: "The Packers have a great roster and it's on Jordan Love to get this team back to the Super Bowl." J-Love isn't in this alone, he does indeed have a great roster behind him. He also has the full support of the front office, a great coaching staff, and the most loyal fan base on the planet. Sky is the limit for J-Love.

In case anyone is still confused...J-Love is going to be just fine. I welcome the haters to actually come to camp and see the absolute cannon arm, the mobility, and the command he has of the offense.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't hand out compliments to just anyone. This was Aaron on J-Love a few months ago:

I wish Los Angeles luck on November 19th. I hope the Los Angeles football team is ready, because the Green Bay Packers, the most successful franchise in the history of the NFL, sure as hell will be ready.

OneTeamOneNation
              PackerNation!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

As far as developing land and building multi-billion dollar stadiums go... it's just unfeasible to do it in California. Stan Kroenke had to finance the whole thing himself. Levi Stadium was financed through tech-boom money. The land is gold out here. City planners are not going to give away land so that Nutty can tailgate 8 weekends/year. They're going to sell to an entity (like SDSU) who will expand their campus, build a reasonably sized stadium, and invest in multi-use, multi-partnered retail and research facilities. We're not dumb... we're not complacent... we're not corrupt. We just understand that growth in the area will proceed. It's not like the San Diego taxpayer wouldn't support an expansion, renovation, and ticket purchase guarantee... all of those things happened (whether you know it or not). In the end, Dean was getting the latest and greatest... for free... in California!

California taxpayers (without delving into politics) have been footing the bill for expanding infrastructure for decades now. In the relatively short period I've been alive in California (57 years)... the poplation has more than doubled (18 million to 40 million). My father's generation (many of the posters here) have seen the population grow from 7 million to 40 million. The influx of Midwestern people (such as yourself) has burdened the California taxpayer. The only remaining hospitality that was left by 2016... were the kick-ass fish tacos Nutty was handing out in D4.

My last live game (and tailgate) @the Murph was in January 2017... Chiefs @ Chargers. A fucking glorious afternoon! And the last home game of the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles. You can file any criticisms and complaints with the now defunct "Couldn't Give A Crap" Department @TPB. Enjoy your heat, humidity, and smokey skies... I'm going to the beach!

Comment

• PackerNation
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Two things: Qualcomm had actual seats as opposed to benches in Lambeau. World of difference there. Lambeau people bring their own seat backs. It’s a hassle and if you don’t have one it’s uncomfortable.

Second, no one in San Diego is happy with the Padres right now
                  I have club seats, perhaps you aren't familiar with the Lambeau renovations over the years. They just got done with another 250 million dollar project that includes upgrades to facilities, underground parking for the players, new 4K video boards, new coaches offices, and upgrades to the concourses inside the stadium.

When my 4 seats were in the lower bowl I didn't mind at all the seating. Just like I don't mind it at Camp Randall in Madison. Most of the best stadiums in the country have similar seating. I get to a lot of legendary stadiums and it appears you don't.

I realize San Diego has A LOT of fair weather fans, the ones I know are loyal to their Padres no matter what. I have them on my mind because my wife and I recently took some friends from San Diego to a Brewers game.

Don't get me started on my Brewers, Badgers, and Bucks. You can barely handle the Packers being mentioned.😌
                  WisconsinPackers-Brewers-Bucks-Badgersnewgen_1200x1200.jpg

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

San Diego Stadium was the name of the stadium before it was called Jack Murphy or Qualcomm. Why I mentioned all the names when I referred to it as a dump. Try to keep up.

And you keep bringing up Sid Gillman and Don Coryell. I know ALL about them. I just don't randomly discuss them for no reason. Should I claim you don't know anything about Curly Lambeau because you don't care to discuss him? Get a grip, and sit down already, my god.

I'd like to keep this thread on topic. This is the Other Teams News section. This is not the place for Los Angeles Chargers discussions. Thank you.

Followed by blah, blah, blah...

!
                    No shit! That's why you don't need to use the term "included". I know you're a stickler for spelling and precise grammar.
                    Jack Murphy Stadium (or The Murph) is a stadium... Jack Murphy is a person. Get it right... per your own standards.

I only brought up Sid Gillman (and later Coryell) because you specifically asked about Chargers training camp.
                    You also ramble on and on about football tradition and hint at our supposed lack of pedigree or knowledge.
                    One can only assume that a humorous story, about one of the greatest football minds ever, might interest/entertain you... seeing how you're here exploring another team.

Either your paranoia surrounding ESPN... or your general lack of curiosity of anything less than Packers football... has led you to ignore my friendly attempt to fulfill your explicit request. Apparently, the only substantive information you gleaned from your brief scanning of the article was that Tobin Rote and John Hadl were briefly mentioned in the article... and that both had been Packers once before... which of course, missed the whole point of the article!

My bad...

Comment

• PackerNation
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

your paranoia surrounding ESPN...
                      I have no "paranoia" regarding ESPN. I just rarely view their stations(other than the few times it's the only source for a game or event. Following Wimbledon right now and unfortunately ESPN has the rights) nor do I read any of their news publications.

I don't find them credible, and there is a reason they are laying off so many. ESPN is tanking and no one pays attention to them anymore for good reason.

Good they have a supporter like you that reads all their stuff and you get all your opinions and sports information from their clueless and out of touch talking heads.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Again,

why are you wasting time with this obvious troll? You are just feeding his ego by responding to this knuckle heads transparently provocational garbage.
                        Instead of seamlessly responding to any conversation having steam, he'll drag it in another direction referencing some many days old posting.

At best, he's an ass.
                        Most probably, he's not a Packer fan. If he is, he's the dumbest horse in the fold. Very, very few Packer fans would wish to disgrace his team and city by acting
                        as a knuckle head on an opposing teams forum.

This loser grabs information from the internet and passes himself off as knowledgeable about a team. Anyone can do it. He's probably a serial troll,
                        wandering between forums until he takes root somewhere, like here, and then eventually moves on.
                        I tried to tell you guys, and i got a 'he's probably too young to know that stuff' response. Well, he then goes back and informs us about Tobin Rote (the 50s) & John Hadl being past Packers. Quite needlessly, because the video someone referenced him contained nothing about Tobin Rote. Try googling past charger quarterbacks who were Packers and you get immediate and thorough feedback. Hell, I forgot about the Hadl to Green Bay trade, and I was a Rams fan.

Everyday this sad, emotionally needy, clown is becoming bolder and bolder here.
                        Go ahead and ask him about his experience coaching at the clinic with the famous head coach and you'll get no specifics, but a sweeping statement that you are blocked.

STOP feeding the troll!
                        Last edited by powderblueboy; 07-05-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Again,

why are you wasting time with this obvious troll? You are just feeding his ego by responding to this knuckle heads transparently provocational garbage.
                          Instead of seamlessly responding to any conversation having steam, he'll drag it in another direction referencing some many days old posting.

At best, he's an ass.
                          Most probably, he's not a Packer fan. If he is, he's the dumbest horse in the fold. Very, very few Packer fans would wish to disgrace his team and city by acting
                          as a knuckle head on an opposing teams forum.

This loser grabs information from the internet and passes himself off as knowledgeable about a team. Anyone can do it. He's probably a serial troll,
                          wandering between forums until he takes root somewhere, like here, and then eventually moves on.
                          I tried to tell you guys, and i got a 'he's probably too young to know that stuff' response. Well, he then goes back and informs us about Tobin Rote (the 50s) & John Hadl being past Packers. Quite needlessly, because the video someone referenced him contained nothing about Tobin Rote. Try googling past charger quarterbacks who were Packers and you get immediate and thorough feedback. Hell, I forgot about the Hadl to Green Bay trade, and I was a Rams fan.

Everyday this sad, emotionally needy, clown is becoming bolder and bolder here.
                          Go ahead and ask him about his experience coaching at the clinic with the famous head coach and you'll get no specifics, but a sweeping statement that you are blocked.

STOP feeding the troll!
                          Might be time to ban this guy? That'll solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X