• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bezos isn't stupid. He didn't get to be the richest person in the world and grow Amazon into the behemoth it is today by making management decisions that are detrimental to its success. He would run a sports franchise with the same philosophy. Fans of a team he buys will be lucky.
    Agree. He made his own money unlike Dean and co. He couldn’t be worse. Would he have passed on Daboll, let Andy Reid slip through his hands, miss out on Doug Pederson to hire an inexperienced rookie? Doubtful

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

$51M per year. I would think that Herbert would get higher than that, but below Burrow.
      Congrats to Jalen. 2nd round pick when everyone’s trying to find a franchise QB and guys like Zach Wilson are going at the top of round 1. Burrow and Hurts have been to the Super Bowl. Herbert hasn’t won a playoff game

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Congrats to Jalen. 2nd round pick when everyone’s trying to find a franchise QB and guys like Zach Wilson are going at the top of round 1. Burrow and Hurts have been to the Super Bowl. Herbert hasn’t won a playoff game
        Won’t change the fact that Herbert will probably get more than Hurt. Herbert will enjoy his 24 hours of being the highest paid QB until Burrow one ups it a day later.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bezos isn't stupid. He didn't get to be the richest person in the world and grow Amazon into the behemoth it is today by making management decisions that are detrimental to its success. He would run a sports franchise with the same philosophy. Fans of a team he buys will be lucky.
          We’ve seen in the past that money doesn’t guarantee championships when it’s thrown around unwisely…but it sure as shit helps when their is a good GM and coach to make the most of it…bezos as owner of the chargers would elevate the chargers in a multitude of ways, all of a sudden you have an organization that’ll spare no expense in player perks and benefits in the entire league…all that unreported shit that players talk to each other about behind closed doors, player and family medical benefits, training facilities, training staff, travel accommodations like airplanes and hotels, nutrition,…that alone would make the chargers a much more appealing destination for players and their family members…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

$51M per year. I would think that Herbert would get higher than that, but below Burrow.
            good for Jalen! he was a second rounder so this is really his shot to make up some of the money he lost because teams didn’t draft him where he should’ve been drafted to begin with…I think herbert’s deal will be bigger, his numbers speak for themselves and he’s managed to do it while having two different offensive systems in his first three years, moore will be his 3rd OC in four years…and he’s also been coached by two subpar HCs, look what lawrence did year one compared to when he finally had a HC, a LOT of these highly drafted young QBs have not been able to overcome the instability that Justin has in his first 3 years even though they had comparable or better supporting casts…I don’t know if justin is they type of kid that needs to be the highest paid guy or anything like that, but definitely deserves to be compensated in that range or more and that is undeniable…there aren’t many superstar franchise QBs in the NFL and he’s one of the best of that select group of guys…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

good for Jalen! he was a second rounder so this is really his shot to make up some of the money he lost because teams didn’t draft him where he should’ve been drafted to begin with…I think herbert’s deal will be bigger, his numbers speak for themselves and he’s managed to do it while having two different offensive systems in his first three years, moore will be his 3rd OC in four years…and he’s also been coached by two subpar HCs, look what lawrence did year one compared to when he finally had a HC, a LOT of these highly drafted young QBs have not been able to overcome the instability that Justin has in his first 3 years even though they had comparable or better supporting casts…I don’t know if justin is they type of kid that needs to be the highest paid guy or anything like that, but definitely deserves to be compensated in that range or more and that is undeniable…there aren’t many superstar franchise QBs in the NFL and he’s one of the best of that select group of guys…
              We better get Justin's deal done ASAP . . . . . . the cost is going nowhere but up the longer we delay.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

We better get Justin's deal done ASAP . . . . . . the cost is going nowhere but up the longer we delay.
                I think our team next year will be Herbie, Slater and 51 UDFAs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I think our team next year will be Herbie, Slater and 51 UDFAs.
                  I know you are joking but this was the exact reasons my offseason was explore the trade market for Bosa and for Allen - he either takes a pay cut or is released

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I know you are joking but this was the exact reasons my offseason was explore the trade market for Bosa and for Allen - he either takes a pay cut or is released
                    Suffice to say that the makeup of the team is going to be MUCH different in '24. The new GM and HC will have their work cut out for them, for sure. Probably no Mack, probably no Bosa, probably no Allen. Almost certainly no Ekeler (if he's not gone this year). Not sure about MW or James, either. And I can't imagine any of those guys agreeing to a pay cut just to stay on the team. Herbie's monster contract is certainly going to dominate our salary cap. Might want to extend Slater while we're rebuilding, too.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Suffice to say that the makeup of the team is going to be MUCH different in '24. The new GM and HC will have their work cut out for them, for sure. Probably no Mack, probably no Bosa, probably no Allen. Almost certainly no Ekeler (if he's not gone this year). Not sure about MW or James, either. And I can't imagine any of those guys agreeing to a pay cut just to stay on the team. Herbie's monster contract is certainly going to dominate our salary cap. Might want to extend Slater while we're rebuilding, too.
                      Big assumption that we have a new coach and GM.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Yep - lots of changes coming, but if the team is smart with their contracts and drafts well we could still have a playoff caliber squad - KC's doing it . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

His contract won’t dominate salary cap for 3 or 4 years, they will front load bonus money that amortizes across the contract with low initial base salary. I know Qsmoke won’t see this, if someone could tell him again he doesn’t know what the fuck he is talking about, that’d be great
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X