• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I am just as excited to have Tranquill in KC.
    Spread offenses in 10 and 11-personnel from Moore probably means Tranquill will be on the field.
    It will be nice for RB's to have a target to run towards as they learn Moore's offense. Kind of a cheat code...​
    K.C. didn't bring in Tranquil to stop the run.
    Reid probably feels that Tranquil gives them a better chance on passing downs against spread offenses.

They played against him and know his strengths & weaknesses better than most.

I'm going to assume its a positive addition, given KC's track record.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

K.C. didn't bring in Tranquil to stop the run.
      Reid probably feels that Tranquil gives them a better chance on passing downs against spread offenses.

They played against him and know his strengths & weaknesses better than most.

I'm going to assume its a positive addition, given KC's track record.
      I agree, Tranquill's strength is pass defense. I think he's particularly bad at read/react defending the run.
      But here is where we see things differently... I think Moore won't be afraid to RUN out of 10 and 11-personnel (3 and 4 WR sets)... that typically require a good coverage LB.

Spagnuolo will most likely respond with a nickel or dime package when Moore puts 3 and 4 WR's in the formation. I would assume Gay and Bolton come off before Tranquill in those situations. That leaves Tranquill as the MIKE. Moore is known for formations and motion that take defenders out of the box. I forsee some 1 v 1 matchups between Eke and Tranq. I like that matchup... Eke is stronger and faster. Even if the play-call is a pass... I like Eke vs. Tranq in the flat... or our TE matchup. If Moore really wants to test the Chiefs nickel/dime... throw DD out there, put him in motion, and see if Tranq has enough speed to catch him outside the tackles.

I suggest people go watch the Jags playoff loss (I know brutal). The Jags forced us to play Tranquill @MIKE in the 2nd half. On the audio, you'll hear Lawrence call "49!" over and over again. They were identifying the MIKE LB. Tranquill is chasing the entire game... and looks real slow by the end. Any time they ran... they ran right @Tranquill. IMO, he was the 2nd worst liability in that game... right behind Lombardi's play-calling. Both are gone now. Addition by subtraction.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Tranquil won't be gassed late in games playing on KC's defense.

I might be wrong, but I don't remember Etienne destroying the Chargers catching passes out of the backfield in the playoff debacle.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

We know Tranq from A to Z, strengths and weaknesses. He has some of each.
          Tranq is on "See Ekeler run" page of Moore's playbook.

Comment

• colorado
            Fan since '62
            • Jun 2023
            • Desert Rat
            • Nothing but time on my hands
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            We know Tranq from A to Z, strengths and weaknesses. He has some of each.
            Tranq is on "See Ekeler run" page of Moore's playbook.
            You're right we do know what makes tranquil tick and the joy of it is we now have a new offensive scheme. He'll get lost in the dust IMO.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              Tranquil won't be gassed late in games playing on KC's defense.

I might be wrong, but I don't remember Etienne destroying the Chargers catching passes out of the backfield in the playoff debacle.
              He didn't. But he put up 110 yards on the ground... even playing from behind.
              Engram, Kirk, and Jones had their way with Tranquill underneath and across the middle.
              Watch the tape... if you dare.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

He didn't. But he put up 110 yards on the ground... even playing from behind.
                Engram, Kirk, and Jones had their way with Tranquill underneath and across the middle.
                Watch the tape... if you dare.
                No thanks . . . . . . . . . . . . that game is purged

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Moore and Herbert have an understanding that when they see Tranq on the field Herbert audibles to a running play right at him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I can see this thread going sideways pretty quickly.
                    Bolt-O and Fleet both wanted political posts reported... hopefully there's no need.
                    I swear I only posted it for Kelce coming in strong at #2 ... thats clearly a sports story!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I am just as excited to have Tranquill in KC.
                      Spread offenses in 10 and 11-personnel from Moore probably means Tranquill will be on the field.
                      It will be nice for RB's to have a target to run towards as they learn Moore's offense. Kind of a cheat code...​
                      excellent smack post. well done!

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I swear I only posted it for Kelce coming in strong at #2 ... thats clearly a sports story!
                        Right.... and Jordan Love will seamlessly take over for Aaron...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Right.... and Jordan Love will seamlessly take over for Aaron...
                          yeah, i don't think he will. his coaches have 100% total confidence in him. then they drafted 2 TEs in the first 3 rounds. I can do math.

Comment

Working...
                          X