• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    For me, Dolphins, @Vikings, Lions, Bills... those are the toss-ups. In the end, our offense will overwhelm their secondaries. High scoring affairs (along with mostly defensive players healthy) are going to carry us this year.

I don't worry about the Patriots at all... their offense is not what it used to be.
    We'll split with Chiefs and Donkos (late-season division game in Donkver).

If we split the Dolphins, Vikings, Lions, Bills games... we still end up 13-4. IMO, that's realistic.
    We arent going to go 15-2 but we should have a good team this year. Id settle for 13-4.......12-5. It all depends on injuries and hopefully we wont have nearly as many to our PB players like last year. But the depth is at least better this year.

Comment

• PackerNation
      Banned
      • Jun 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Campbell took over a sad sack franchise and turned it around. LaFleur didnt do that, he came into a good team with a HOF QB.
      The Packers were 6-9-1 with Aaron Rodgers healthy in 2018. LaFleur came in 2019 and the Packers proceeded to have 3 thirteen wins seasons in a row and 2 NFC Champ game appearances in a row.

Nice try little guy. You lose, just like anyone else who tries me. You are very close to being blocked. Stop with the Packers hate, just because you are craving my attention. That is the definition of a troll. One more time and you on the ignore list.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We arent going to go 15-2 but we should have a good team this year. Id settle for 13-4.......12-5. It all depends on injuries and hopefully we wont have nearly as many to our PB players like last year. But the depth is at least better this year.
        12-5 is my O/U line for success. Hopefully better depth is paired with the need for less depth.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post

The Packers were 6-9-1 with Aaron Rodgers healthy in 2018. LaFleur came in 2019 and the Packers proceeded to have 3 thirteen wins seasons in a row and 2 NFC Champ game appearances in a row.

Nice try little guy. You lose, just like anyone else who tries me. You are very close to being blocked. Stop with the Packers hate, just because you are craving my attention. That is the definition of a troll. One more time and you on the ignore list.
          This guy is fucking hilarious! It's almost like the ignore button feeds his feelings of power.

BTW, for anyone's remembrance, Tges58 posted a ton in the AFC west thread during June of last year .... between thread pages 100 - 110.
          Yes, I stalked him again. He posted before that, but i didn't bother to find that grouping of gems.

He pretended to be a Chief's fan then, but didn't reside in the Midwest - if memory serves me correctly: part flake, but pure troll.

No normal human being comes into someone else's place uninvited, sits down in the middle of the living room, grabs the remote control, forces you to watch his favorite soap operas, and then scolds you for your lack manners quite like Tges.
          Last edited by powderblueboy; 07-04-2023, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Just typing BS over and over will not make it fact. Sorry, I've been in this game at all levels for 4 decades plus. I have forgot more about football than you will ever know about the game.

Good thing we are through camp and you have handed the RT job to Yosh *Nijman. Zach Tom says hello. Camp battles show the strength of rosters. All Packers OL are highly versatile and can play multiple positions. Zach Tom and Jenkins can play all 5 positions on the line, and well. And that brings me to depth, which you must take into account when discussing what teams have the best OLs. Injuries happen and those teams that don't miss a beat when an OL goes down are the best lines in the league.

A lot of times you write like a 12 year old who is making a first attempt at trolling. Bakhtiari is 100% healthy and feels better than ever. Bakh is only 31 years old, which is fairly young for a vet tackle. The body actually feels 29, because last season was his first season getting back to normal after almost a year and half of not putting wear and tear on the body. Any player/coach will tell you Bakh is still a Top 3 LT in the game.

I really couldn't care less what Chargers fans said about players before they were drafted. Internet wannabe "draft gurus" get zero attention from me, sorry. It's fine to have some fun discussing draft prospects, but don't pretend that reading draft sites, listening to talking heads, and watching YouTube clips makes one a draft expert.

I am very sure I watch more All-22 film than anyone here, and attend many more college games, but I still don't fancy myself as a scout or draft expert. I leave that to real experts like Gute and his staff.

Rasheed Walker is depth at LT. More natural fit for him than RT. Though again, all Packers OL are cross trained at several positions. Versatile is the name of the game in the Packers OL room run by Luke Butkus & Steno the OC is in there a lot. It's LaFleur's offense and he runs it, so Steno can multi-task and be in several spots. Great OL coach was Adam Stenavich before becoming OC.

Coaching is another thing to take into account when ranking offensive lines.

Some AFC OLs I think are high quality: Chiefs, Ravens, and Browns.

I think the Chargers have a Top 12 OL.. Top 5 or 6 in the AFC.
            Is that what he told you? lol Im guessing not. Seems a guess on your homer part.

As for the Chiefs OL, the interior i think is good but their OTs are mediocre going into this season.

As for your telling us about your film watching...it goes about as far as Nutty saying we scouted so and so. Ill never say i scouted anyone because you are right it requires more than just getting what we can from Youtube, but anyone can say they go to college games and watch all 22 film (like i believe that) and you can be whoever you want to be on the internet.

Whatever...... Go to the Lions forum and tell them how you will whip their ass this season instead of coming here for a measley non conference game on Nov 19th that means little but some bragging rights to some internet schlub.

BTW the last time we played the Packers we kicked their ass 26-11.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-04-2023, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

The OL is holding every down. The definition for a holding penalty isn't uniformly enforced. It's basically no reaching out and grabbing or hanging on as they go by. As long as the blocker keeps his hands inside his own shoulder width and on the blockee's upper body between the shoulders, some clutching is reasonably overlooked. Pushing at arm length is OK. Don't curl the fingers.
              The zebras are inconsistent, which is human but when consistently only one team gets flagged or not flagged is BS.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Florio is a hack and lifelong Vikings fan and Packers hater. You cats read and watch Florio, that explains a lot. Florio, the failed lawyer who started a NFL Gossip site 22 years ago is not credible in ANY way for ANYTHING. Simms is a doofus that would be driving for DoorDash if his father didn't get him work after his failed NFL "career."

Does not surprise me that some here get their NFL thoughts and opinions from Mike Florio.

Never quote him again or I will immediately block you.
                Seems about right, im not a Florio fan. As for the bolded, LMAO.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Just typing BS over and over will not make it fact. Sorry, I've been in this game at all levels for 4 decades plus. I have forgot more about football than you will ever know about the game.

Good thing we are through camp and you have handed the RT job to Yosh *Nijman. Zach Tom says hello.

A lot of times you write like a 12 year old who is making a first attempt at trolling. Bakhtiari is 100% healthy and feels better than ever. Bakh is only 31 years old, which is fairly young for a vet tackle. The body actually feels 29, because last season was his first season getting back to normal after almost a year and half of not putting wear and tear on the body. Any player/coach will tell you Bakh is still a Top 3 LT in the game.

I am very sure I watch more All-22 film than anyone here...

Rasheed Walker is depth at LT. More natural fit for him than RT. Though again, all Packers OL are cross trained at several positions.

Coaching is another thing to take into account when ranking offensive lines.
                  Dude, I'm trying to help you out here.

Your 40 years of football knowledge falls about 10 years shy of mine. And it falls about 15-20 years shy of some TPB members here. There is a wealth of football knowledge here... and most of them are simply too courteous to let you know. If you asked more questions, and end the diatribes, you would realize this. The fact that you only started watching/playing football 40 years ago, signifies that you've only read about or viewed carefully selected video in regards to Air-Coryell... when most of us watched the offensive NFL game evolve before our very eyes Sunday after Sunday. Hell, some are even lucky enough to remember Coryell (and his San Diego State coaching staff of ​Joe Gibbs and John Madden). I doubt you understand Coryell's coaching tree connection to many Lombardi trophies.

If Lombardi trophies are your thing... you should definitely check out Sid Gillman. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to steer you in that direction. By now, your eyes are weary and your brain is on over-load... so I'll just just link a graphic for you. You'll find almost all Packers coach of any value (post 1970's) under this umbrella. You'll find Al Davis, Bill Walsh, Don Coryell, Chuck Noll, Ara Parseghian, and Paul Dietzel here. It accounts for about 90% of all Lombardi trophies since you've started playing/watching NFL football.
                  A digital exhibit supplementing the Walter Havighurst Special Collections Fall 2013 Cradle of Coaches exhibit.

As for my defensive chops... I was raised on early-mid 70's Rams defense... Jack Youngblood kind of stuff.

You don't have to be from "Titletown" to understand/appreciate football.
                  Most of these posters have watched football history/strategy unfold in front of their eyes every Sunday... some even from the concrete bleachers @Balboa Stadium... LOL!

I'd respond to the rest of your post regarding OL ect. But I'm pretty sure your mind is made up already.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

After 8 straight years of playoff teams. 9 of 10 years of playoffs. Yeah he really took over a junk yard team like Campbell did.

Again with the bolded,. Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
                    Screw your packers. You came HERE dude. Did you expect some welcome wagon the way you came in here? Come in humbly and you will be treated better. Come in with an attitude like you are some NFL guru claiming you target us as some easy win and you wont.

The Packers carry zero weight here. If you dont like it, go someplace you feel will give you some sort of celebrity status, you wont get it here. Just another troll we see often.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

what is this huge jump Love made in 2022? In practice? carrying a clipboard on the sideline? In the QB room watching tape? Where was this huge jump?

Because it wasn’t playing NFL games. He played briefly in 4 games, the Pack was 1-3 in those 4 games. In the 2 games he played well, the Packers got the shit knocked out of them in huge losses. You talked about Moore’s qualifications based on the game end W/L result, well - Jordon was 1-3 last year by your standard. Thats a huge leap from what? He had 14 completions for 195 yards and 1 TD the entire 2022 season in his fourth year and thats a huge jump. That, ol friend, is a huge leap of faith. Its not even one full game of stats.

we see the GB brass has a lot of hope in Love. A lot of statements to the press don’t mean shit, though you seem to buy every one as if its gospel. SF brass has placed the same level of hope in Trey Lance for about the same amount of time, with similar results. “Expert” Scouts see a lot of “potential” but all the team has seen is pain.

Herbert had 12 completions and 2 TDs before halftime of his first game. Good luck, I don’t mind if Love does make that huge jump your crowd says he already made without having to step on an NFL field, but he sure needs to., The little we’ve seen is a QB who is too inconsistent to play at the NFL level. He can play great in spurts and then just stop playing well for no apparent reason. He’ll have a target on him because of that - he looks like a QB that if you rattle and shake, he will fold. His inconsistently will be his downfall if he doesnt eliminate it completely, he has not shown he can yet.

Here’s to the kid and hoping he does break that reputation and become a credible NFL QB.
                      But he's got a Mike Martz opinion statement attached to "J-Love".
                      I doubt PackerNation even understands how well most of us appreciate/understand Mike Martz.
                      I wonder if he knows that Mike Martz used to coach football at nearby Mesa College... and spent most of his nights stalking Don Coryell for game tape and meaningful conversations about offensive strategy and QB development... the irony runs deep with this guy.
                      At least we're graced with his Titletown pedigree... LOL!

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Are you okay??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This guy is fucking hilarious! It's almost like the ignore button feeds his feelings of power.

BTW, for anyone's remembrance, Tges58 posted a ton in the AFC west thread during June of last year .... between thread pages 100 - 110.
                          Yes, I stalked him again. He posted before that, but i didn't bother to find that grouping of gems.

He pretended to be a Chief's fan then, but didn't reside in the Midwest - if memory serves me correctly: part flake, but pure troll.

No normal human being comes into someone else's place uninvited, sits down in the middle of the living room, grabs the remote control, forces you to watch his favorite soap operas, and then scolds you for your lack manners quite like Tges.
                          Right? Like who is this guy that we should give a shit about that threat? lol

Stop with the Packers hate? Does this guy know where HE is? All I said was Love isnt as good as Rodgers. Thats Packers hate? Seems the truth to me.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-04-2023, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X