Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wouldn't discount Angelina Jolie.

I once knew a chap in the FBI who claimed to have had a threesome with Angeline Jolie and some other dude.

She would have had to snort the biggest line on the planet to get naked with that bloke.
    Ugh? Did it involve swordplay?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Desperation to get a QB. Not out of the norm but this class wasnt great and he in their opinion is the best bet to succeed. The only under 6' QB to have any success is Russell Wilson and he is always the most sacked QB every season because he holds the ball too long likely because he cant see down field very well.

Murray is becoming a disaster. If it were me i think id have taken Stroud, though i dont think he is a sure thing either. Hooker might be good but he is already 25 or 26 years old. Dont like Levis or Richardson.
      Doug Flutie ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Doug Flutie ?
        Flutie was Meh. Barely average. In fact not sure id call him average in the NFL. He was good in Canada but only Warren Moon came from there and was good in the NFL. All the rest werent. We had another CFL QB some time back who lit it up there and wasnt very good here.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Flutie was Meh. Barely average. In fact not sure id call him average in the NFL. He was good in Canada but only Warren Moon came from there and was good in the NFL. All the rest werent. We had another CFL QB some time back who lit it up there and wasnt very good here.
          Remember the IDL kid from Canada, not CFL, out of college. A viral video went out of him blowing up a 150 lbs coach asst kid with a blocking pad in gym shorts and everyone thought he was the next Jamal lol. Fuck, what was his name … good times.

Canadian football players are meh. Canadian beer is meh. Canadian donuts are meh. Canadian geese are assholes. Canadian golf courses are in meters, just to be dicks and make you do math every fucking shot. I like Canada - I’m going to Vancouver next year to take my daughter on one of her dance competitions. Never been to BC.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Herbert is miles more talented than Richardson. You are giving Steichen too much credit. Pep was the QB coach then and Herbert has done well since then without them.
            If you watch Herbie’s combine tape closely, the keen observer will notice he fixed most of his mechanical flaws before he even got to Indy. Herbie got a real coach to prep him and he put in the work. I love that we not only got a rare talent - we also got a good guy and a grinder, just like Phil and Fouts were before him

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

..... I like Canada - I’m going to Vancouver next year to take my daughter on one of her dance competitions. Never been to BC.
              See the Butchart Gardens if time allows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Ugh? Did it involve swordplay?
                Ugh! was my reaction too: I didn't inquire about the techniques employed in the alleged love-making.
                Actually, I heard it 2nd hand from a friend of his; she knew a lot of Hollywood types.
                I didn't like the guy.

I know for a fact that he dined on one occasion with the father of our actress.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Remember the IDL kid from Canada, not CFL, out of college. A viral video went out of him blowing up a 150 lbs coach asst kid with a blocking pad in gym shorts and everyone thought he was the next Jamal lol. Fuck, what was his name … good times.

Canadian football players are meh. Canadian beer is meh. Canadian donuts are meh. Canadian geese are assholes. Canadian golf courses are in meters, just to be dicks and make you do math every fucking shot. I like Canada - I’m going to Vancouver next year to take my daughter on one of her dance competitions. Never been to BC.
                  1- All the Americans I met like a lot our beer
                  2- I'm a Canadian golfer and I've never seen a golf club in meters

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Russell Wilson is only 5-10.5, so I guess there is precedeut, yeah, I believe any QB under 6 foot or even 6-1 is going to have a hard time succeeding in the NFL.

And I agree about "running" QBs. Lamar Jackson is highly hyped because he won MVP one season. But he spends so much time injured he becomes a liability to his team. His best year passing was barely more than 3,000 yds and that was 4 seasons ago. He's 1-3 in the playoffs.

With all due deference to the short guys - I'm 5-10 myself - the NFL belongs to the Mahomes, Burrows, Allens and Herberts of the world. I wish Young luck in Carolina when he's not playing the Chargers, but I just don't see it working.
                    How tall was Brees?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

1- All the Americans I met like a lot our beer
                      2- I'm a Canadian golfer and I've never seen a golf club in meters
                      I’m just kidding my Canadian amigos, sort of. I really love Canada - always liked every visit. As to beer - Meh - I’ll hold my line. In the 90s, early 00’s, that is 100% true - There was a time when we loved Canadian beer as it was the only stronger beer Americans could get. Back when the only beer in America was shitty weak mass-manufactured American beers like bud and Pabst.. I had friends in Detroit that would drive across to buy Canadian beer. Americans didnt even know what an ale was. Then the micro-brew explosion happened here starting in the 00’s and now we know . I found out real “beer” options by living in Europe for 6 months in the late 90s.

I played a course in Windsor that was metric. 100% certain. back around 1998 or 99. No idea the name of it. Maybe it was the only one in Canada?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Are u thinking of Vaughn Martin, DT drafted by the Bolts in round 4 in 2009? He was Canadian...

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

How tall was Brees?
                          I just looked it up. Says 6', but that was probably on his tippy toes.

Comment

Working...
                          X