• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPPT1974
    May Day 2024!
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Defense will win you the game. As hope that other teams will learn that. Offense will score you the points but defense wins you the game.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
      Defense will win you the game. As hope that other teams will learn that. Offense will score you the points but defense wins you the game.
      Not if you're KC.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
        Maybe the odd game here and there, if you're defense is stellar, but not consistently - not the way the rules are set up to favor the offense. IMO the KC model is the way - average / decent D and excellent O.

We'll see if that formula works for us this year - we're certainly set up for it . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Moore saw something he liked in Duggan.
          Duggan already understands what Kellen Moore wants to do on offense. Kellen might want him more for his brain than his arm.

On top of that, QJ brings the vertical aspect to his offense and DD brings the horizontal aspect to his offense.
          Most people will raise an eyebrow when I say DD brings a horizontal aspect to the offense.
          But I think Moore will use DD in motion (to move defenders out of the box in the run game)... or Jett Sweeps.
          And I wouldn't be surprised to see DD used on underneath drag routes, either.

QJ, DD, and Duggan played for OC Garrett Riley last year @TCU. I think Kellen Moore wants to do a lot of the same things.

It was an Air Raid Offense that ran the ball really well. It's Staley's wish to "marry the run/pass games" together.
          Here are a couple articles that explain what Garrett Riley does... it sounds very compatible with what Staley/Moore talk about.

The Horned Frogs saw a dramatic turnaround under new head coach Sonny Dykes. Can they replicate their success with a new offensive coordinator in 2023?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Chris Jones holding out.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The QB contracts are simply a reflection of how valuable they are . . . . . . . . . . . They are exponentially more important than any other player on the team, and make (by far) the largest impact in terms of wins and losses. A great QB can make an average (or below average) team into a winner, a below average (or bad) QB will sink even the best of teams . . . . . . . . . . . . . with the rule changes it's just the way the league is now.

Not saying that Jones is worth 40 mil / year - that makes mw want to throw up . . . . . . . . . .
              I'm not going to obsess over Ek's contract. He will have made more than $20 mil in the NFL at the end this season. I'd be happy to have made 1/10th of that in the 7 years he's been in the league. But, given some of the other ridiculous contracts owners have handed out in the NFL, I still maintain he's underpaid. He's not just an RB, he's a weapon on par with Christian McCaffrey who is making $16 mil per year.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Chris Jones holding out.
                What a shame.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What a shame.
                  Agreed . . . . . . . . . . . that organization is a shambles

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Chris Jones holding out.
                    They are far apart.

Chiefs are robbing the guy blind; he needs to take a stand.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They are far apart.

Chiefs are robbing the guy blind; he needs to take a stand.
                      I’d trade Mack or Bosa for him

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm not going to obsess over Ek's contract. He will have made more than $20 mil in the NFL at the end this season. I'd be happy to have made 1/10th of that in the 7 years he's been in the league. But, given some of the other ridiculous contracts owners have handed out in the NFL, I still maintain he's underpaid. He's not just an RB, he's a weapon on par with Christian McCaffrey who is making $16 mil per year.
                        McCaffrey is overpaid.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• colorado
                          Fan since '62
                          • Jun 2023
                          • Desert Rat
                          • Nothing but time on my hands
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Duggan already understands what Kellen Moore wants to do on offense. Kellen might want him more for his brain than his arm.

On top of that, QJ brings the vertical aspect to his offense and DD brings the horizontal aspect to his offense.
                          Most people will raise an eyebrow when I say DD brings a horizontal aspect to the offense.
                          But I think Moore will use DD in motion (to move defenders out of the box in the run game)... or Jett Sweeps.
                          And I wouldn't be surprised to see DD used on underneath drag routes, either.

QJ, DD, and Duggan played for OC Garrett Riley last year @TCU. I think Kellen Moore wants to do a lot of the same things.

It was an Air Raid Offense that ran the ball really well. It's Staley's wish to "marry the run/pass games" together.
                          Here are a couple articles that explain what Garrett Riley does... it sounds very compatible with what Staley/Moore talk about.

The Horned Frogs saw a dramatic turnaround under new head coach Sonny Dykes. Can they replicate their success with a new offensive coordinator in 2023?

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/f...-garrett-riley
                          Very good articles. I think you're right about what Moore has in mind for Duggans role.

And #2 QB.
                          Last edited by colorado; 07-22-2023, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X