Four new starters in 2004, and the holdover got replaced in 2005

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Deebo Samuel and the Santa Clara Yorks. Interesting read.

Samuel is treating the 49ers like they're the Sacramento Kings. He doesn't care about the 49ers' tremendous history. He never watched Jerry Rice play. They're not the San Francisco 49ers to him ...

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Ba-Bye.

partied w/Spade one night @the Improv in PB.... dude is f-u-n-n-y, and yes.... a fifth for Oben.... great p/u,
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Staley sure seems to have a lot of influence ATM, but he better win…

how would you stack him in terms of immediate impact to Bobby Ross and Marty? Perhaps I’ve forgotten but I don’t recall the FO being as aggressive in FA for either Ross or Marty in any of their free agency periods as they have for Staley. My memory is not what it used to be tho…
          not many peoples can hold a candle to Boss Ross, and.... never a fan of Marty, but unlikely Staley hits those heights either ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Ekelar is too quite and humble. And underpaid as a result.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Staley sure seems to have a lot of influence ATM, but he better win…

how would you stack him in terms of immediate impact to Bobby Ross and Marty? Perhaps I’ve forgotten but I don’t recall the FO being as aggressive in FA for either Ross or Marty in any of their free agency periods as they have for Staley. My memory is not what it used to be tho…
              Beathard hired Ross & signed the roster. SDC went 11-5 Ross 1st season up from 4-12.
              Butler hired Marty & signed the roster. SDC went 8-8 Marty's 1st season from 5-8 in 2001.
              Telesco hired Staley.& the OL got much better. LAC went 9-8 Brandon's 1st season from 7-9 in 2020
              Ross gets the ribbon for immediate impact based a 7W improvement.
              Bobby went on to lose a SB, Marty had our best reg season ever. Brandon made 4th down a more exciting offensive weapon. So far.
              I'm wayyy more interested in Staley's yr 2.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Bobby Ross got the best from every player. I hated to see him go.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Ekelar is too quite and humble. And underpaid as a result.
                  You know, I don't think of Ekeler as quiet. He just knows when to speak and when not to speak. He's just one of those people who are wise at an early age. He's definitely humble though. I follow him on Instagram. His posts are always mature and have something to say. Even if it's a pic of him working out, he talks about self-motivation.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

I'm reading all over the place that the Raiders and Packers are in negotiations to trade Darren Waller. There was some friction between Waller and the Raiders during that stretch last season where he missed a bunch of games with an injury. I don't know what it was exactly, but I remember Waller not being happy, reportedly. It might have been, and I think it was, about his contract. He signed a five year contract back in 2019 that is going to pay him $6.25 mil per over the next two seasons. He probably feels he is grossly underpaid, given the explosion in WR salaries. I know he is a TE, but before Davante Adams came aboard he was Carr's No. 1 receiver. And having acquired and paid Adams, they can't afford to pay Waller too, is my guess. The Packers are very receiver needy, and they got out of having to pay Adams, so Waller might be a welcome fit for A Rod up in Green Bay.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not many peoples can hold a candle to Boss Ross, and.... never a fan of Marty, but unlikely Staley hits those heights either ??
                      Boss Ross is not who you think he is. I had a conversation with Bobby Beathard about Ross's tenure. Bobby Ross was very stubborn and the players were done with him at the end. He would fine players left and right and he wouldn't replace his OC when it was apparent this needed to happen.

Ross will also be the HC that sent the greatest RB talent wise into retirement before his time because of his coaching ways....

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I'm reading all over the place that the Raiders and Packers are in negotiations to trade Darren Waller. There was some friction between Waller and the Raiders during that stretch last season where he missed a bunch of games with an injury. I don't know what it was exactly, but I remember Waller not being happy, reportedly. It might have been, and I think it was, about his contract. He signed a five year contract back in 2019 that is going to pay him $6.25 mil per over the next two seasons. He probably feels he is grossly underpaid, given the explosion in WR salaries. I know he is a TE, but before Davante Adams came aboard he was Carr's No. 1 receiver. And having acquired and paid Adams, they can't afford to pay Waller too, is my guess. The Packers are very receiver needy, and they got out of having to pay Adams, so Waller might be a welcome fit for A Rod up in Green Bay.
                        Trading Waller would only weaken the Raiders IMHO. So I am all for it.........

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

The Eagles want to move up in the draft.
                          What do you think the Jets want for their 4th ?
                          The Eagles 15th, 18th and ????

Comment

Working...
                          X