• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    HOLY EFFING SHIT!!!!! I can't handle it anymore. It's too much. I have never seen this much slobbering over a team in my life!

ESPN does nothing but talk about the Jets. GMFB Jets. National storylines from various outlets. Jets.

I can't handle it. There really isn't any other storylines? Jets are superbowl locks according to all the talking heads.

BTW our Chargers are getting zero run. Matter of fact all of GMFB all picked the Chargers to miss the playoff. Wow.
    The media machine is stuck in the rinse and repeat cycle. Nothing new to say, just regurgitating over-processed stuff, putting it on a plate for us, handing it to us and calling it dinner.

At this stage, I don't even listen to the podcasters I respect.

I am on some pins and needles waiting to see the Bolts' first teamers in action together for the first time since January.

I have no problem believing that the running game is upgraded. It's a matter of the degree to which things are improved. What we saw in the preseason there wasn't smoke and mirrors, but it *was* the preseason.

All the evidence is in place that the Chargers' Special Teams are in good order with the upgrade provided by Derius Davis. I am also in the camp that wanted Dicker, not Hopkins as the PK.

What I have NO actual evidence for is improvement in run 'D'. Some of our backups looked good against other teams' backups, but there's only so much you can extrapolate from that.

Watching the Game Sunday will be like getting the MRI a few weeks after completing chemotherapy, and seeing if there are remnants of cancer remaining. We're all eager to know how 'healed' the Bolts are from the issues that killed their 2022 season.

Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 09-05-2023, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Grandad’s bragging rights, lol. How much of the league runs in this?
      Cowboys won a Wild Card against Tampa in 2022 playoffs. Prior, they had not won a playoff game since the divisional round in 1995.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

The Jets should be getting some hype. That roster is loaded and the real missing piece was QB. It's hard to say how much Rodgers has left and their offensive line is suspect but they have a ton of talent all over that roster.

I am okay with the Chargers flying under the radar and it's okay if the media doesn't believe. Read this forum - there are quite a few here who don't believe. If you look at the AFC, the conference is brutal. There will be some teams that on paper look good that will miss the playoffs. I just don't think we'll be one of them!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The media machine is stuck in the rinse and repeat cycle. Nothing new to say, just regurgitating over-processed stuff, putting it on a plate for us, handing it to us and calling it dinner.

At this stage, I don't even listen to the podcasters I respect.

I am on some pins and needles waiting to see the Bolts' first teamers in action together for the first time since January.

I have no problem believing that the running game is upgraded. It's a matter of the degree to which things are improved. What we saw in the preseason there wasn't smoke and mirrors, but it *was* the preseason.

All the evidence is in place that the Chargers' Special Teams are in good order with the upgrade provided by Derius Davis. I am also in the camp that wanted Dicker, not Hopkins as the PK.

What I have NO actual evidence for is improvement in run 'D'. Some of our backups looked good against other teams' backups, but there's only so much you can extrapolate from that.

Watching the Game Sunday will be like getting the MRI a few weeks after completing chemotherapy, and seeing if there are remnants of cancer remaining. We're all eager to know how 'healed' the Bolts are from the issues that killed their 2022 season.
          Run D is a good Q. Odds are we're better based on personnel, coaching and training improvements. We have yet to establish that it's a fact.
          I believe that run D is a lock to be better on avg for the season but one game, first game? I think so but will appreciate a demonstration.
          Miami was #25 run O in '22.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            they pick Chargers every year, so the year of the flip they love the jets
            Exactly. Year Of The Flip - its coming together exactly as your Mayor promised/ Fear not, brave loyal TPB warriors, the national smite fuels our Flip engine. It is exactly what we want.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Nick Bosa and Chris Jones. The most important defensive players on teams that may be the best in their conferences.

The 49ers were 13-3 in 2019, 10-7 in 2021 and 13-4 in 2022 with Nick Bosa. Bosa missed the entire 2020 season and the 49ers were 6-10.

Chris Jones has not missed significant time for the Chiefs during the Mahomes era. While Bosa may be the best player on the 49ers roster, Jones is not that guy for the Chiefs. But he did have 15.5 sacks last season. And it's a long drop-off from Jones to Tershawn Wharton, his backup, who has 5 sacks in his three NFL seasons (all with KC). The Lions were a top 10 passing offense last season. If the Chiefs lose in a shoot-out to the Lions, or even if the Chiefs win in a close but high-scoring game with Goff throwing 4 TD passes, the Jones situation will get resolved very quickly.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Nick Bosa and Chris Jones. The most important defensive players on teams that may be the best in their conferences.

The 49ers were 13-3 in 2019, 10-7 in 2021 and 13-4 in 2022 with Nick Bosa. Bosa missed the entire 2020 season and the 49ers were 6-10.

Chris Jones has not missed significant time for the Chiefs during the Mahomes era. While Bosa may be the best player on the 49ers roster, Jones is not that guy for the Chiefs. But he did have 15.5 sacks last season. And it's a long drop-off from Jones to Tershawn Wharton, his backup, who has 5 sacks in his three NFL seasons (all with KC). The Lions were a top 10 passing offense last season. If the Chiefs lose in a shoot-out to the Lions, or even if the Chiefs win in a close but high-scoring game with Goff throwing 4 TD passes, the Jones situation will get resolved very quickly.
                Chris Jones is the best defensive player for the Chiefs. Their D was league average with him. Their strength was run D. Without him they'll have some issues.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Chandler Jones drama.
                  sorry no link.
                  Mayhem in Vegas.
                  Love it.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

What a shame.

I don't wish injury on anyone, even a a$$ like Kelce, but I'd love to see how Mahomes would look if he had a beat up line, beat up receiving corp, beat up defense and a beat up body like Herbert had to deal with.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Another bundle of guffaws from Potatohead and 'Lil Brother.

Mensa in Miami aka "Creepy Vapor" makes a brief appearance in a cameo role.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

whoa. No Chris Jones and now maybe no Travis Kelce to start the season? That's the Chiefs 2nd and 3rd best players. Let's see what you got Andy

Comment

Working...
                          X