• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I suppose we should be thankful we have the Spani and not Jerruh...
    At least they have rings. Just sayin

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I saw a couple of different media guys commenting that they did not like the vibe coming out of the Chiefs this offseason and through camp. As long as Mahomes and Reid are there they'll be dangerous, but I wonder if this is the year they are knocked off their perch in the AFC West - and we are primed to do it.
      I think the chiefs sorta have an AJ Smith situation going on there with their GM & Andy. There's really no such thing as a consistently well above average GM. Given enough opportunities a really bad GM will hit a random streak of winners and a GM on a run of winners will revert back to the mean. Results tend to come in bunches & consistently good teams don't give themselves many opportunities to royally screw things up by trying to change too many things. The problem is when a GM or front office hits a streak of winners they may begin to attribute the results to THEM & THEIR decisions. This often leads to spectacular implosions as mean reversion sets in. We saw this here with AJ Smith. We saw it last year with Belichik naming Matt Patricia as OC. Although Belichik has really never been much of a GM the fact he won so many games with Brady gave him a very long leash & we saw how that went last year. We saw it with Bill Polian in Indy. The year Peyton Manning sat out they finished 2-14.

But anyway, Veach & Reid were pretty terrible the first few years after John Dorsey left but after the '20 superbowl they hit on an uncommon string of winners. In '21 they completely overhauled their Oline in one offseason. Rebuilding an Oline is normally a 3 year project but they did it in 1 offseason & every move they made worked out perfectly. Creed Humphrey at center, Thuney at left guard, and Orlando Brown at left tackle. Then last year instead of making a deal with Tyreek Hill they traded him. Andy's brilliant offensive design & Mahomes ability made that deal work. Now this year they're basically trying to repeat what they did in '21 & '22. They ran both their offensive tackles out of town & replaced them with free agents. They let Ju-Ju Smith Schuster leave and now their top receiver is an oft injured gadget player in Kadarius Toney. Kelce is about to be 34. Then they have this deal with Chris Jones going on and sounds like they might end up running him out of town too.

Maybe it all works out, but history suggests otherwise.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

FWIW Tiawan Mullen​ is available again, although the Chargers already have two CBs on their practice squad:

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

At least they have rings. Just sayin
          Does Jerruh even have a ring from the 21st Century?

I don't think the Cowboys have won a Super Bowl since 1996, which wouldn't be much in the "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" department. All the Cowboys have is grandad's bragging rights, nothing very current at all.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I don't think the Cowboys have won a Super Bowl since 1996, which wouldn't be much in the "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" department. All the Cowboys have is grandad's bragging rights, nothing very current at all.
            They never made it past the divisional round this century.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I’m aware that he brought in as bridge but doesn’t mean he has to suck when working with the ones. We paid him a lot of money for being a backup. It would have easier to swallow if he was vet minimum. Just my 2 cents.
              I didn’t think Daniel was any good and I never bought into the mentor-role story often promoted. I don’t know he could mentor about playing elite QB if he can’t even play average QB. Maybe he did help, I’m doubting it but if his role was to verbally counsel Herbie, there’s a hundred guys you can hire as an asst coach that don’t take a roster spot and cap. He didn’t show any particular skill at Lombo’s offense.

Dude made a killing as a backup QB over his career … good on him. America baby!
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

HOLY EFFING SHIT!!!!! I can't handle it anymore. It's too much. I have never seen this much slobbering over a team in my life!

ESPN does nothing but talk about the Jets. GMFB Jets. National storylines from various outlets. Jets.

I can't handle it. There really isn't any other storylines? Jets are superbowl locks according to all the talking heads.

BTW our Chargers are getting zero run. Matter of fact all of GMFB all picked the Chargers to miss the playoff. Wow.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                  HOLY EFFING SHIT!!!!! I can't handle it anymore. It's too much. I have never seen this much slobbering over a team in my life!

ESPN does nothing but talk about the Jets. GMFB Jets. National storylines from various outlets. Jets.

I can't handle it. There really isn't any other storylines? Jets are superbowl locks according to all the talking heads.

BTW our Chargers are getting zero run. Matter of fact all of GMFB all picked the Chargers to miss the playoff. Wow.
                  Fine with me. I think it is better if the talking heads gives us zero chances and let the play do the talking. Kind of similar to how Mack responded when asked how hungry he is… “I’ll show you”

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

they pick Chargers every year, so the year of the flip they love the jets

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Nick Bosa and Chris Jones both holding out.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Grandad’s bragging rights, lol. How much of the league runs in this?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

These are my Week 1 predictions. Straight up winner/loser, no spread. The asterisk denotes where I pick against the oddsmakers.

THURS
                          Chiefs over the Lions. (I wish I could pick the Lions with Chris Jones out but I realistically can't, Though I do think the Lions will make a game of it and there's always a chance they win. I just can't pick them to win.)

SUN
                          Falcons over the Panthers
                          Ravens over the Texans
                          Bengals over the Browns (I'm a bit unsure about this one.)
                          Jaguars over the Colts
                          Vikings over the Buccaneers
                          Saints over the Titans
                          *Steelers over the 49ers (That should raise some eyebrows.)
                          Commanders over the Cardinals
                          *Packers over the Bears (This one is a mystery to be honest.)
                          *Raiders over the Broncos (Nobody is expecting this but me.)
                          Chargers over the Dolphins
                          Eagles over the Patriots
                          Seahawks over the Rams
                          *Giants over the Cowboys

MON
                          Bills over the Jets

You know there are going to be a couple of wins and losses that nobody saw coming. There always is.

I think everybody is overlooking the Raiders. I don't think they will be a playoff team, but I don't think they will be one of the worst teams in the conference like everybody seems to be picking them to be. They have Jacobs under contract and I think Garoppolo will be better than expected paired with McDaniels. And they still have Davante Adams and Hunter Renfrow. They drafted TE Michael Mayer and WR Tre Tucker. Defensively they still have issues, Tillery is listed as a starter. But their 1st pick was maybe the best pass rusher in the draft, Tyree Wilson. The Broncos on the other hand still have the look of a team of dysfunction. We'll see.

Without Nick Bosa I think the 49ers are going to struggle. I'm also not completely sold on Brock Purdy. He struggled against teams with relentless pass rushes in the playoffs, and the Steelers have TJ Watt. I tend to think Purdy will fall back down to earth this season and be average to mediocre, reminding the league why he was a 7th rnd draft pick.

I don't know why I like the Giants over the Cowboys, I just do. I think Daboll is a better coach than McCarthy. Will Dak struggle without Kellen Moore?

Same with the Packers over the Bears, I don't have an explainable reason for picking Green Bay, maybe, again, it's because I like GB's coach better.

I look forward to MNF, my feeling is Rodgers is going to struggle in NY. He is pushing 40.

Comment

Working...
                          X