Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      They can't be serious. Phil is 41 and hasn't played in a few years and though I'm sure he's fit he hasn't been keeping himself in football shape. He's got enough money to do what ever he wants for the rest of his life and his kids will be set up for the rest of their lives as well. I can't see that it would be worth it to him suit for the Jets and tear an Achilles or a meniscus for a few million $.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

They can't be serious. Phil is 41 and hasn't played in a few years and though I'm sure he's fit he hasn't been keeping himself in football shape. He's got enough money to do what ever he wants for the rest of his life and his kids will be set up for the rest of their lives as well. I can't see that it would be worth it to him suit for the Jets and tear an Achilles or a meniscus for a few million $.
        We know the guy is hyper competitive and to go to a team with some weapons and a loaded D would give him a shot to win a ring. But we don't know if he is interested, in shape, or even has anything left and how that 41 year old body would handle playing behind a bad offensive line.

I'd hate to see him come out of retirement to play for another team though.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We know the guy is hyper competitive and to go to a team with some weapons and a loaded D would give him a shot to win a ring. But we don't know if he is interested, in shape, or even has anything left and how that 41 year old body would handle playing behind a bad offensive line.

I'd hate to see him come out of retirement to play for another team though.
          Phil and his wife are expecting a new baby this fall. I don't think he's considering it at all. It's just hype generated by reporters seeking clicks.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think PR coming out of retirement is currently unlikely, as I think coaching his son is far more important to him than legacy at the moment. I looked at the alternatives for the Jets... no one will trade a starting caliber backup at this point of the season, the free agents are Wentz and Flacco, lol, and then there are the 'retired guys' I saw Chad Henne's name out there. They were all in on Rodgers. It just didn't work for them.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Oh snap. Rivers will be fired up for this game.
              Please let this happen.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• SK21209
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2020
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Cardinals should just trade Kyler to the Jets now, everyone knows they're drafting a QB early next year anyway.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                  Cardinals should just trade Kyler to the Jets now, everyone knows they're drafting a QB early next year anyway.
                  That makes the most sense...

I'm surprised teams don't try to get Luck out of retirement.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Phil and his wife are expecting a new baby this fall. I don't think he's considering it at all. It's just hype generated by reporters seeking clicks.
                    That right there, plus all the other kids he has...I doubt it happens...but u never know...

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That right there, plus all the other kids he has...I doubt it happens...but u never know...
                      Or maybe he might need some peace and quiet by going and playing football!

I cannot fathom having that many kids! I have 3 and that was a lot of work. I grew up with 6 sisters and a brother and it was pure chaos all the time.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

That makes the most sense...

I'm surprised teams don't try to get Luck out of retirement.
                        No way Luck un-retires for the Jets or any team...he got tired of all the injuries and rehab:

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

I already hated seeing LT in a Jets jersey, please don't let me have to watch Rivers in one.

Comment

Working...
                          X