• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The comparisons to Smith and Leaf were for arm strength only. Not for their mental makeup.

The point was that a strong arm is far from a guarantee that that individual will be a good QB. IMO he was a big risk as a 1st rounder, and Indy will make it even riskier if they start him right away.
    Understand, but Leaf imploded due to mental illness. I don’t think other QBs compare to him except other QBs that had mental illness. I don’t think either of them come close to Richardson’s overall athletic ceiling, simply saying strong arm doesnt capture it. Nor do all strong arm QBs fail. I still think you’re wrong, he’s the one I would have taken. We’ll come back to this in 2024.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

not always, but sure can be misleading. Hearing big positives out of Carolina too. Just early data points but it’s better than hearing they suck. I know you’re a skeptic but I’m telling you this guy will be a beast. he will get his mechanics fixed and raise his completion rate > 10% and he’ll make ballin’ plays normal men cannot make. I would think 2023 is premature to expect to see it come together but who knows.
      I wont forget lol.

I never HOPE for someone to fail and im not an Indy fan in the least but i like and dislike players based on what i see and i got a pretty good track record wIth QBs. It doesnt mean i wont be wrong but i dont see it. Not anytime soon anyways. He may run well early but he will just get injured like all the running QBs do....though he is bigger than most but even Cam got banged up and got his ruined shoulder from it.
      Not sure what you see in Richardson but we'll see.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Richardson feels like Akili Smith to me . . . . . . . . . . we'll see. If he fails at QB he can always play RB . . . .
        at 244 lbs and running a 4.43, he may be better suited lol.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What's the problem...1st...2nd read...run for the end zone or toss it out of bounds for the first season. LOL!

LOL!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

True . . . . . . . he could end up being great, but we've all seen strong armed guys get anointed as the next 'great one' and then drop out of sight. Ryan Leaf had a great arm - much better than Peyton Manning - how'd that work out. NFL QB's have to have at least decent arm strength, but after that it's all above the shoulders stuff.

That's what makes Herbert so special. He has all the physical tools (and then some), but he's also got a superior work ethic and smarts . . . . . . . the sky really is the limit for him - if the damn organization will just GTFO of the way . . . . . . . .
            Ryans demon was his head. He had all the talent in world.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

at 244 lbs and running a 4.43, he may be better suited lol.
              He'd have to join the 'complainers union' first though.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

He's being groomed to start immediately. IMO that's a mistake for a QB in his position. I know Indy doesn't have much at QB, but it's a risky proposition. He's going to be slow reading defenses and going thru his progressions - I hope he's as good a runner at the NFL level as he was in college . . . . . . . he'll need to be.

And you're correct; no-one knows for sure if he'll be good (or not), but we've all seen this movie before, and it usually doesn't end well . . . .
                I thought Gardner Minshew was going to start at the beginning of the year. Did I miss an announcement that Richardson will start right away?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He'd have to join the 'complainers union' first though.
                  Right.....so maybe he will work extra hard at passing the ball lol. More money in it. Hec his contract he just signed is more than Ek has made in his career to date.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I thought Gardner Minshew was going to start at the beginning of the year. Did I miss an announcement that Richardson will start right away?
                    Maybe he will - that would be best for Richardson (IMO). I've not seen any reports to the contrary, just my feeling . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

What would you give up for Taylor?

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        What would you give up for Taylor?

I would be very tempted to trade Ekeler straight up.
                        especially with the early good word on Dotson, who might have a similar skill set as Ekeler.
                        Taylor looks like a true workhorse. Injury risk perhaps.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I would be very tempted to trade Ekeler straight up.
                          especially with the early good word on Dotson, who might have a similar skill set as Ekeler.
                          Taylor looks like a true workhorse. Injury risk perhaps.
                          Taylor averaged 5.5 ypc in 2021 when the led the league with 1811 yds rushing and he tied Ekeler for the league lead in TDs scored. He's been in the league three seasons but missed 6 games last year. Still, he has almost as many carries (756) as Ekeler (811) has been in the league six seasons.

Comment

Working...
                          X