• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think they tried. The were interested in Chad Henne I just read but Henne chose to stay retired (smart). They wanted to sign Rams PS QB Brett Rypien but the Rams signed him to the roster to thwart that.
    I'm surprised that they didn't try for Duggan . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NOT

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Saleh is a good coach, his specialty is defense. The Jets had the worst ranked defense a couple years ago, now they are an elite unit. His coaching influence is clear on that unit.

Their organization went all in for Aaron Rodgers because they have an elite defense and some pieces on offense. He got hurt, and now they are dealing with a bust at Qb and trying to navigate it.

It would be similar to blaming the HC if Herbert was knocked out for the entire season and then wondering why Easton Stick isn't carrying the load and being dumb enough to blame the HC for all of that.

Also, what Daboll did with a piss poor roster with the Giants last season with what was considered a bust at Qb was impressive.

Very different situations to walk into than having a ton of cap space and a 2nd year franchise Qb coming off the best rookie season the league has seen since 1983 and then riding the coattails of that Qb while coaching a terrible defense even with tons of cap space to pick players with.
      These comparisons to newly hired coaches is why staley sucks so much. especially with the defense.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

B5GHH09IYAIZeqI.jpg

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

#chess #goodculture

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Some here are wondering how donkey fans were handling last weeks escapades.
            There is a new donkey forum thread on rock bottom beautifully illustrated by this poster.

Last year's beatdown on Christmas was supposedly rock bottom. Now this.

I don't think there is a rock bottom for this team. They just continue to sink lower and lower.

Its more off a bottomless pit.

Are the Donkey's the new Raiders? A long dark tunnel that runs for decades, where most eventually decide to never leave the past.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Some here are wondering how donkey fans were handling last weeks escapades.
              There is a new donkey forum thread on rock bottom beautifully illustrated by this poster.

Last year's beatdown on Christmas was supposedly rock bottom. Now this.

I don't think there is a rock bottom for this team. They just continue to sink lower and lower.

Its more off a bottomless pit.

Are the Donkey's the new Raiders? A long dark tunnel that runs for decades, where most eventually decide to never leave the past.
              Yeah but they will always say they have 3 rings and we have zero.

Can't argue that.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I think Sean Payton is too good of a coach for the Broncos to be down for a long time. They are handcuffed by the Wilson contract/price to get him along with the price to get Payton himself. But eventually he'll turn the roster over and fix their culture.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  I think Sean Payton is too good of a coach for the Broncos to be down for a long time.
                  I think he is garbage personally and am soooo glad the Chargers didn't trade draft picks for him then give him a boatload of money.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Damn but PS? Poach him
                    I think we would all want to see KVN playing for the Chargers this Sunday.
                    All I can do is try to explain--not justify--but explain.
                    It's this thing about the Chargers wanting to get younger.
                    That would include snaps for young guys, sink or swim.
                    We will need young relatively cheap journeymen.
                    Gotta retain Slater.
                    Who knows who else.
                    But yeah...damn...it is frustrating...it is a pisser.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

"Six Pack of Pressures:" Best Blitzes of Week 2 by Coach Voss

@7:00 If you want to skip to #1, which is the Chargers, that's OK too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I think Sean Payton is too good of a coach for the Broncos to be down for a long time. They are handcuffed by the Wilson contract/price to get him along with the price to get Payton himself. But eventually he'll turn the roster over and fix their culture.
                        Did he take the day off 3 days ago? 70 points is a team quitting in the middle of a game. Imagine if that was a Staley team that quit like that, what would be said here.

He’s a dirty coach that pays bounties to injure opponents and he quit on his last team and left them in a cap shithole that he created once he no longer had a HOF QB to bail him out. he’ll screw over Denver just the same, its gonna get worse and he won’t stick it out to the other side.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Did he take the day off 3 days ago? 70 points is a team quitting in the middle of a game. Imagine if that was a Staley team that quit like that, what would be said here.

He’s a dirty coach that pays bounties to injure opponents and he quit on his last team and left them in a cap shithole that he created once he no longer had a HOF QB to bail him out. he’ll screw over Denver just the same, its gonna get worse and he won’t stick it out to the other side.
                          I think it will get worse for them for this year and next until they can shed the dead weight and restock the roster. He did get caught cheating and was rightfully suspended for it. I am glad we didn't overpay to get him. But he had a long run of success and he turned Bree into a SB winning QB (something he wasn't close to here). Time will tell. I hope he fails miserably because he is the coach of the Broncos - I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                          X