• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

It’s not the same. Ben Johnson has been coaching in the NFL for 12 years and didn’t ride the coats tails of any players. He’s had helped bring Goff back to life the last 2 years. Where as Staley rode the coat tails of Ramsey and Donald on his D and had only been in the NFL for 4 years before getting a HC gig. I’m not advocating for Ben Johnson, I’m just disagreeing that it’s the same.
    Good point...at least Johnson has a LOT more NFL experience than Staley...when Staley was hired as our HC in 2021, he was only 5 years away from being a DC at Sammie Small School John Carroll College...not even a HC there or anywhere else...let THAT sink in...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point...at least Johnson has a LOT more NFL experience than Staley...when Staley was hired as our HC in 2021, he was only 5 years away from being a DC at Sammie Small School John Carroll College...not even a HC there or anywhere else...let THAT sink in...
      Been reading lately that Johnny boy was the guy who liked and hired him. No idea if that is true but over riding your GM if it is, is grounds for demotion and sorry but thats meddling. A demotion wont happen so just a change in command to letting football guys handle football decisions is in order.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

GBlDVn7XwAAuWkx.jpg
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Herbert, if you are indeed the chosen one, slap the chapstick on and pucker the fuck up--we need a ring!
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• NYBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Have a feeling it's going to be a 49er / Baltimore rematch.. This time the power stays on.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NYBoltFan View Post
              Have a feeling it's going to be a 49er / Baltimore rematch.. This time the power stays on.
              Screenshot_20231111-201032_Instagram.jpg

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

It’s not the same. Ben Johnson has been coaching in the NFL for 12 years and didn’t ride the coats tails of any players. He’s had helped bring Goff back to life the last 2 years. Where as Staley rode the coat tails of Ramsey and Donald on his D and had only been in the NFL for 4 years before getting a HC gig. I’m not advocating for Ben Johnson, I’m just disagreeing that it’s the same.
                I wrote about it in another thread but about half of his 12 years were quality control or assistant to the assistant position coach. He has only been a full fledged position coach for 3-4 years and an OC for 1.5 years. Also the Head Coaches he served under in teh NFL are not real inspiring. Has a lot of similarities to Staley. At least Staley was a (small) college DC for a while.

I don’t know a lot about him but his resume is too Staley like for me right now.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Payton is still one of the better coaches in the league and would have done better with the Chargers than Staley did, but calling out the former coach earlier this season and his new "hot head" mentality are both a little strange. although, it makes you wonder if russel wilson has issues - the seahawks dumped him and now Payton is losing his patience.
                  Russell Wilson is a head case. There were some discussions about it here during last offseason.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Nick Siriani has been getting steadily criticized all season for not being a good HC. The criticism is that the team is under prepared and tends to start games slow and relies on superior talent (which they do have) to overcome his lack of coaching skills. After last night's loss (I turned it off when it looked like Eagles had it sewn up) he is getting killed now. He demoted his DC and there are 'anonymous reports' from players and 'people close to the organization' that the team is dsyfunctional and Siriani is losing the players. This is a team that is in first place in their division.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Nick Siriani has been getting steadily criticized all season for not being a good HC. The criticism is that the team is under prepared and tends to start games slow and relies on superior talent (which they do have) to overcome his lack of coaching skills. After last night's loss (I turned it off when it looked like Eagles had it sewn up) he is getting killed now. He demoted his DC and there are 'anonymous reports' from players and 'people close to the organization' that the team is dsyfunctional and Siriani is losing the players. This is a team that is in first place in their division.

TG
                      Losing does that. Their record is 10-4 but they have lost 3 straight. Philly fans are the worst though so those close to the organization in that area is probably just blowing smoke and venting.

Hurts is ailing. He has a bad knee and keeps playing. D. Carr suggested resting him for 2 or 3 weeks and let Mariota play and got trashed for it, and now it turns out they should of with those 3 straight loses and Hurts not getting any healing time.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

TG
                        Ouch...u NEVER should demote a coach...just increases likelihood of locker room cancer and dissention...u r better off going with a clean firing...remember George Stewart?

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

TG
                          They miss Shane Steichen

Comment

Working...
                          X