Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It's coming together.
    this will be an elite defense headed into the playoffs
    From worst to first in the AFC at least.
    Staley haters should start working on their back pedal drills.
    Boy - it doesn't take much to get you rolling again . . . . . . . . . . . I'm just a bit more skeptical

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

JC Jackson says he isn't 100% healthy.
      We all knew that . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        When football wasn't a flag fest.

Holy crap . . . . . . . . . . . snotknockers galore. Dan Fouts has talked about this; back then ball placement and leading your receivers away from contact was critical to keeping their heads attached to their bodies . . . . . . . it's still important today, but NOT as important as in the 'old days'.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think it will get worse for them for this year and next until they can shed the dead weight and restock the roster. He did get caught cheating and was rightfully suspended for it. I am glad we didn't overpay to get him. But he had a long run of success and he turned Bree into a SB winning QB (something he wasn't close to here). Time will tell. I hope he fails miserably because he is the coach of the Broncos - I just don't see it happening.
          Coaches don’t make HOF QBs. IF they could, they’d make a lot of them. Brees was already very good his last year here. If Payton can make a HOF QB, let’s see him make just a good QB out of Russell now. I’m betting he didn’t make Brees and won’t remake Russell and he’ll quit on Denver because it sucks for him and he’s all about Payton. Just like he quit on NO.

Of course, I’ve been wrong, so …
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

all I see is KA missing from the image, he's in the top three but the person who designed the graphic wanted Adams in the picture instead?
            Ain’t that some bullshit?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Coaches don’t make HOF QBs. IF they could, they’d make a lot of them. Brees was already very good his last year here. If Payton can make a HOF QB, let’s see him make just a good QB out of Russell now. I’m betting he didn’t make Brees and won’t remake Russell and he’ll quit on Denver because it sucks for him and he’s all about Payton. Just like he quit on NO.

Why when he can draft his replacement next year with a top 5 pick! If he misses on that pick for a new QB then he hits the ejection button. LOL!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Boy - it doesn't take much to get you rolling again . . . . . . . . . . . I'm just a bit more skeptical
                Completely understandable.
                hopefully its all a moot point soon and we're all celebrating a win streak soon.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Derwin must have time traveled from the 90s at the earliest.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Brees had a very good year in 2004, but his 2005 season was a disappointment. Without Payton, Brees would not be a future Hall of Famer.

Russell Wilson was on the downside of his career toward the end of his time in Seattle. Pete Carroll knew it and took advantage of Denver's stupidity. Nobody can fix Wilson at this point.

If Payton can get a top five pick and end up with Caleb Williams (first overall) or Drake Maye, I can see him doing well with the Broncos. Keep in mind that I was one of the only people on this forum who wasn't gushing over Payton at the end of last season, with nearly everyone else on here hoping he was going to be our next head coach. I think he got lucky in the 2009 NFC Championship Game against the Vikings and shouldn't have even been in that Super Bowl. Most of the time he's good enough to take you to the Divisional Round before getting bounced in disappointing fashion.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I said SB winning QB, not HOF QB. Coaching can absolutely be the difference between a guy winning a SB or not. Payton had a record of 152-86 and had his teams in the playoffs 9 times in 15 seasons with the Saints. He inherited a mess in Denver but I'm not writing him off quite yet. As I mentioned, I believe it will take a couple of seasons for them to turn it around because the team he inherited is so bad. We'll see how it turns out.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Holy crap . . . . . . . . . . . snotknockers galore. Dan Fouts has talked about this; back then ball placement and leading your receivers away from contact was critical to keeping their heads attached to their bodies . . . . . . . it's still important today, but NOT as important as in the 'old days'.
                        DJ will get flagged every time he hits like this. I think last week’s WR hard hit was a bang bang play and he still got flagged for helmet to helmet hit.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

DJ will get flagged every time he hits like this. I think last week’s WR hard hit was a bang bang play and he still got flagged for helmet to helmet hit.
                          They are definitely making an example of him at this point. So ya, he's got to be smarter now and do everything he can to make it look like he's not leading with shoulder/helmet going forward. I don't like it but it is what it is.

It would be nice if refs called it both ways. We had multiple hits occur on Chargers' players that were worse and did not get flagged on the Vikings.

Comment

Working...
                          X