• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Yep, Reich knows he hit the jackpot and doesn't need to coach. Says it's probably the end of the line form him.
    Don't mess up that 60 mil lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/frank-reich-talks-panthers-firing-says-probably-the-final-chapter-in-nfl-career-201415942.html Frank Reich talked about his relationship with Panthers owner David Tepper.

Not long ago, Frank Reich looked like a good NFL head coach. Now he might be finished in the NFL.

Reich was fired by the Carolina Panthers on Monday after a 1-10 start. He has now been fired during each of the past two seasons, a rare and unwelcome accomplishment. He was fired by the Indianapolis Colts during last season.

Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer got the first interview with Reich after he was fired, and Reich wouldn't tell Fowler he was done with coaching. However, he did say, “This is probably the final chapter of my NFL journey.”

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Yep, Reich knows he hit the jackpot and doesn't need to coach. Says it's probably the end of the line form him.
      Don't mess up that 60 mil lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/frank-reich-talks-panthers-firing-says-probably-the-final-chapter-in-nfl-career-201415942.html Frank Reich talked about his relationship with Panthers owner David Tepper.

Not long ago, Frank Reich looked like a good NFL head coach. Now he might be finished in the NFL.

Reich was fired by the Carolina Panthers on Monday after a 1-10 start. He has now been fired during each of the past two seasons, a rare and unwelcome accomplishment. He was fired by the Indianapolis Colts during last season.

Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer got the first interview with Reich after he was fired, and Reich wouldn't tell Fowler he was done with coaching. However, he did say, “This is probably the final chapter of my NFL journey.”
      I don't know. Reich was hired and fired by two of the most temperamental and out-of-touch-with-reality owners in the NFL. Jim Irsay is borderline mentally ill and David Tepper is an ego-driven headbanger who is way out of his element trying to micro-manage his team. I think those making personnel decisions in the NFL understand this and the in-season firings aren't necessarily going to damage Reich's reputation too much. He could end up as an OC for a team next season, maybe for the Chargers.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

I'm kind of rooting for the Broncos, and here is why. I'm hoping that the Spanoses look at what a veteran winning coach like Payton has done in Denver with an organization that was a mess, turning it around so quickly, and it helps them come to the realization they need to do the same.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I'm kind of rooting for the Broncos, and here is why. I'm hoping that the Spanoses look at what a veteran winning coach like Payton has done in Denver with an organization that was a mess, turning it around so quickly, and it helps them come to the realization they need to do the same.
          Denver also fired Paul Hackett before the season ended

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I don't know. Reich was hired and fired by two of the most temperamental and out-of-touch-with-reality owners in the NFL. Jim Irsay is borderline mentally ill and David Tepper is an ego-driven headbanger who is way out of his element trying to micro-manage his team. I think those making personnel decisions in the NFL understand this and the in-season firings aren't necessarily going to damage Reich's reputation too much. He could end up as an OC for a team next season, maybe for the Chargers.
            He could but he said that, im not speculating. And why should he? He has millions coming for sitting home. He is 62, he doesnt need to coach again.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

He could but he said that, im not speculating. And why should he? He has millions coming for sitting home. He is 62, he doesnt need to coach again.
              I retired at 62 and am glad I did. I don't have millions but I'm doing alright. But then again I was not in the NFL and do not miss doing the occupation I was in when I retired. These guys who've spent their entire careers in the NFL, they don't always know that do with themselves once they retire, the excitement is gone. I do wonder, though, if Reich will go join other former NFLers like Jimmy Johnson and Tony Dungy on the media side of things.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

That would be awesome!...... we can only dream! =)

Comment

• Bolts0503
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2022
                  • Send PM

I can give you at least 14 million reasons why Denver's success won't even be on Spanos' radar. Sean Payton-$18 million a year, Staley $4 million a year. Spanos theme song-"First, I look at the purse."

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Red birds just released Zach Ertz. Worth a pickup or are we just mailing the rest of the season in?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                      Red birds just released Zach Ertz. Worth a pickup or are we just mailing the rest of the season in?
                      Ertz wants to go to a contender. So if he clears he won't sign here.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

the rich get richer, the poor get the picture--P. Garrett

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Watch him go back to Philly with Goedert on IR.

Comment

Working...
                          X