• Send PM

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

If we could just use about 1/2 of Allen's running ability and give that to Herbert.

Herbert is faster than Allen, and you can run smart unlike Allen, who seems to enjoy contact.

I think Mahomes runs smart. Herbert is faster than Mahomes. I wish he'd just improvise just a little more. He's got the talent.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I saw that and it was the same as when it happened to Kevin Durant.

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Nothing but time on my hands
          • Send PM

Looking at the Jets they don't seem to have any luck with the high dollar free agent signings. And some on the TPB think we have it bad. Not like them, we can get well

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Phillip Rivers.
            I would give Phillip serious consideration in NY, he's going to manage the game for you, he's used to working with piss poor O-lines from his time with the chargers and gets rid of the ball quickly, he's not going to carry you at this stage but he's also not going to lose games for you...let that defense carry the team and Philip will help guide that jet team to the playoffs...

I selfishly would love to see Philip play again...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I would give Phillip serious consideration in NY, he's going to manage the game for you, he's used to working with piss poor O-lines from his time with the chargers and gets rid of the ball quickly, he's not going to carry you at this stage but he's also not going to lose games for you...let that defense carry the team and Philip will help guide that jet team to the playoffs...

I selfishly would love to see Philip play again...
              He's a high school football coach now. He hasn't played in three years. He's pushing 42 (Dec) and while he's probably fit he's certainly not in football shape. We just watched a nearly 40 year old QB who presumably was in football shape tear his Achilles.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I saw that and it was the same as when it happened to Kevin Durant.
                I don't want to watch it again. But I saw this coming. Everybody was talking about how Rodgers was going to transform the Jets. But I believe there was a strong possibility that something like this would happen. Rodgers will be 40 in Dec and he's not a fitness fanatic like Brady. He looks 40. His body looks 40. He should've retired. But the Jets were willing to give him $75 mil guaranteed.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post
                  Looking at the Jets they don't seem to have any luck with the high dollar free agent signings. And some on the TPB think we have it bad. Not like them, we can get well
                  Robert Saleh had Jets owner Woody Johnson - of Johnson & Johnson conglomerate ownership - demand that the club sign Aaron Rodgers. That was the owner meddling. The karma was immediate.

Unlike them, they have a coach of the year candidate and we have another Dean Spanos head coach, marking well over a decade of selecting stupefying candidates, because real NFL coaches cost money.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't want to watch it again. But I saw this coming. Everybody was talking about how Rodgers was going to transform the Jets. But I believe there was a strong possibility that something like this would happen. Rodgers will be 40 in Dec and he's not a fitness fanatic like Brady. He looks 40. His body looks 40. He should've retired. But the Jets were willing to give him $75 mil guaranteed.
                    They were willing to give him more than 75mil guaranteed, he already had more guarantees than that from his packer deal before they even trade for him, his contrtact still owed him 100 plus mil over two years, he took a pay cut to get to the figure you posted, the guy lost like 18 mil dollars by taking that pay cut that was already guaranteed for this year...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

It was a horrible moment. You could see the bad news on Rodgers face.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

This is how I felt about the Jets signing Rodgers from the beginning.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Jameis Winston is idling behind Carr in NO. He would have a lot of fun throwing to the Jets' WRs. I wonder what the Jets would have to give up to get him.

Comment

Working...
                          X