• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    At this point, maybe not a need for the Chargers, but...

can save $1-$2M Cap next year and get a better punter. do it now for 2024.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

SoFi Stadium will once again play host to the Super Bowl, as the NFL will return to Los Angeles for its championship game in 2027, the league announced Wednesday.

The stadium, which opened in 2020, was the location of Super Bowl LVI in 2022. That game concluded with the Los Angeles Rams defeating the Cincinnati Bengals, 23-20.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We are very excited to bring the Super Bowl back to Los Angeles for the second time in five years,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said. “The city did an outstanding job hosting Super Bowl 56 in the incredible SoFi Stadium, and we believe that Super Bowl 61 will be even more memorable. The Los Angeles Rams, the Los Angeles Host Committee and many other outstanding partners will help create an unforgettable week of events culminating in Super Bowl Sunday in 2027 that will celebrate the region as an epicenter of sports, entertainment and culture.”

SoFi joins the list of planned venues for upcoming Super Bowls. Super Bowl LVIII will take place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Feb. 11. The Caesars Superdome in New Orleans will be the championship game’s location in 2025, and the San Fancisco 49ers’ Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., will host Super Bowl 60 in 2026.

From 2026 onward, SoFi will be busy with a full slate of events. It hosts the World Cup in 2026, Super Bowl LXI in 2027 and the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2028.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

We have 4 years to get to and win that Superbowl at Sofi.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Anyone else surprised how many pundits have taken the Chefs side in "Offsides Gate"

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            We have 4 years to get to and win that Superbowl at Sofi.
            I'll take a win ANY year, whether in SoFi or not...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

I've read a whole lot of "Boohoo! We should've given up the farm for Sean Payton when we had the chance!"

As well as "How will we ever compete in the AFC West, when two of our division opponents are coached by Andy Reid and Sean Payton?!?"

Well, Payton's Broncos lost tonight to the Detroit Lions, 42-17, in a game they absolutely needed, to stay in the playoff hunt.

I'm much more interested in the Bolts making good GM and HC hires *now* than I am in bemoaning the organization's history of hiring gaffes.

That said... David Shaw. Yes? Or no?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                I've read a whole lot of "Boohoo! We should've given up the farm for Sean Payton when we had the chance!"

As well as "How will we ever compete in the AFC West, when two of our division opponents are coached by Andy Reid and Sean Payton?!?"

Well, Payton's Broncos lost tonight to the Detroit Lions, 42-17, in a game they absolutely needed, to stay in the playoff hunt.

I'm much more interested in the Bolts making good GM and HC hires *now* than I am in bemoaning the organization's history of hiring gaffes.

No

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                  Let's do this!
                  • Aug 2022
                  • Raleigh N. Carolina
                  • Send PM

The shine is definitely off Shaw

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

The Lions are a very good team...1st in their division at 10-4...Donks are definitely improved, but maybe not quite ready for prime time yet...

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

And the Lions sweep of the AFC West is complete.
                      Ben Johnson and Brad Holmes would work for me.
                      They finished that offensive in 3 years Holmes(2 years Johnson).
                      Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 12-18-2023, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

You are correct on the broncos. Sean Payton seems to have crazy old man / grumpy old man syndrome. at least BB is holding himself together in NE.

David Shaw seems like a respectable coach, but we need someone who has done it in the NFL. after Harbaugh and BB, i would take one of the hot shot OC's before Shaw. the OC in Detroit beat the shit out of the broncos defense.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                          And the Lions sweep of the AFC West is complete.
                          Ben Johnson and Brad Holmes would work for me.
                          They finished that offensive in 2 years
                          Same here. Ben Johnson took Staley D to school. Imagine him having Herbert. That’ll be fun

Comment

Working...
                          X