• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Anyone have thoughts about the growing rumors that the Bears have a deal to send Fields to ATL?

CHI will have picks #1, #8, and #9. #1 is QB, what/who do they want at 8 and 9 and how could it affect LAC?

Hortiz Offer: LAC #5 + #37 for CH #8 + #9
    If it isnt reported by Shefter or Pappaport or the like, i dont believe anything.

Chicago can also trade up to #5 and get one of the WRs to help whoever they have at QB if they have those picks. Not sure 5 & 37 is enough for 8 &9. Id guess no. Throw in Pipkins lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

"Ahhh, look at all the lonely people"--
      the beatles applause GIF
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Anyone have thoughts about the growing rumors that the Bears have a deal to send Fields to ATL?

CHI will have picks #1, #8, and #9. #1 is QB, what/who do they want at 8 and 9 and how could it affect LAC?

Hortiz Offer: LAC #5 + #37 for CH #8 + #9
        If Atlanta trades for Fields it would be more likely for their 2nd round pick not 1st. I’d be very surprised if any team offered a 1st for Fields.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

If Atlanta trades for Fields it would be more likely for their 2nd round pick not 1st. I’d be very surprised if any team offered a 1st for Fields.
          Right but it means they wont be needing to trade up for a QB either.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

I wouldn't offer a 1st or a 2nd for Fields. The best I would give is a 3rd. That doesn't mean I don't think Atlanta will trade a 2nd for Fields, GMs do stupid things all the time. I think Fields is a bust. If your goal is to build a roster that can compete for the Super Bowl, you don't make Fields your QB.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

I get the feeling that the Saints (picking at #14 overall) could be interested in Bo Nix.

Depending on how the QBs fall, the Saints could be looking to move up. I'd like to see the Bolts trade down from #5 to, say, #10, and then trade that pick to the Saints for a package that includes the #14 pick. I suspect that the Bolts could get two 2nd round picks, and two 3rd rounders in the process of these moves.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I'd take a look at Phillips - as a quality backup . . . . . . . . . . . . I see him as an older Gilman. Brains, experience and savvy are required at safety . . . . . . . . . . . not necessarily all world athleticism (that's for the CB's).
                Not for me. Go younger and cheaper for JAGs. And that's all they are at this point.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Isn't this tampering?

That's why they call him ME cole. Its all about him.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                    I get the feeling that the Saints (picking at #14 overall) could be interested in Bo Nix.

Depending on how the QBs fall, the Saints could be looking to move up. I'd like to see the Bolts trade down from #5 to, say, #10, and then trade that pick to the Saints for a package that includes the #14 pick. I suspect that the Bolts could get two 2nd round picks, and two 3rd rounders in the process of these moves.
                    Saints do not have much draft capital

That said - an excellent team to trade with. Loomis isn't afraid to overpay - per the "draft chart" for draft picks. Again its just one measure - but by the old standard Jimmy JOhnson chart, Loomis consistently overpays

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That's why they call him ME cole. Its all about him.
                      That should be suspension worthy, if true.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

The Patriots really want to keep S Kyle Duggar. They drafted him in 2020 with the Chargers' 2nd round pick, which Telesco traded to NE (along with the Chargers' 3rd pick) to draft Kenneth Murray. Duggar has turned out to be a pretty decent player. If they had not traded that pick, the Chargers could've drafted not only Duggar but also Jonathan Taylor, Bucs Pro Bowl S Antoine Winfield, or Pro Bowl CBs Trevon Diggs or Jaylon Johnson (Bears).

The Patriots traded the Chargers' 2020 3rd rnd pick to the Ravens, who drafted DT Justin Madubuike with it. Madubuike was a Pro Bowler and 2nd team All Pro in 2023. The Chargers could've also drafted Lions Pro Bowl OG Jonah Jackson with that pick.

Patriots head coach Jerod Mayo tried to walk back comments about the team's plans to "burn some cash" in free agency this week, but that doesn't mean they're going to pinch pennies.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The Patriots really want to keep S Kyle Duggar. They drafted him in 2020 with the Chargers' 2nd round pick, which Telesco traded to NE (along with the Chargers' 3rd pick) to draft Kenneth Murray. Duggar has turned out to be a pretty decent player. If they had not traded that pick, the Chargers could've drafted not only Duggar but also Jonathan Taylor, Bucs Pro Bowl S Antoine Winfield, or Pro Bowl CBs Trevon Diggs or Jaylon Johnson (Bears).

The Patriots traded the Chargers' 2020 3rd rnd pick to the Ravens, who drafted DT Justin Madubuike with it. Madubuike was a Pro Bowler and 2nd team All Pro in 2023. The Chargers could've also drafted Lions Pro Bowl OG Jonah Jackson with that pick.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...to-kyle-dugger
                          Moral of the story - Don’t fall in love with prospects.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X