• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    The Athletic's Dianna Russini is hearing some things at the Combine.

QBs could easily go 1-2-3-4, with AZ trading down.

We may have to hope for a Charger trade down, with some JJ McCarthy buzz (could be part of why the forward thinking Jim Harbaugh talked him up).

Or we may face a choice of MHJ or Nabers, or BB, a tough choice indeed.
    No Joe Alt in your #5 cluster...?
    If MHJ slips out of the Top-4... he's definitely trade bait. So is Joe Alt. Alt and Fashanu are the only proven LT's in this draft. MHJ may be the best player in the whole draft.

If we could get a trade back that included a 2nd and a 4th... I'd go for it. Should a trade of Mack/Bosa net us an extra 3rd rounder... we would still have a top-15 pick, along with two 2nd's, two 3rd's, and two 4th's. Damage could be done in the draft.

The Underwear Olympics hasn't changed my Top-15 much. PON's could be addressed in many ways by many players.

I've been contemplating edge quite a bit lately. It seems either Mack or Bosa (whoever generates greater trade value) will be gone. Minter uses his edge players differently. Are we targeting different prospects than most believe we are? Jaylen Harrell was very effective for Minter @Michigan. Yet, he barely makes any experts' lists. Does he make sense for us in the 5th round? Does he fit in the NFL?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I know its been mentioned but here is Shefty. Staley selling more snake oil to become asst HC. Wow. Two guys with HC in their title who are big chokers. Niners may be heading downhill.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

There are a few things to take into consideration when talking Chicago to Atlanta trade for Fields...1) he's local Atalanta area sports hero 2) the Falcons are desperate both for a QB 3) Atlanta is desperate to give their fanbase something to get excited about and 4) all bets are off when a team is desperate...
        A better bet for Atlanta would be to trade their 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks to the Chargers to move up to draft JJ McCarthy at #5.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If MHJ slips out of the Top-4... he's definitely trade bait. So is Joe Alt. Alt and Fashanu are the only proven LT's in this draft. MHJ may be the best player in the whole draft.

If we could get a trade back that included a 2nd and a 4th... I'd go for it. Should a trade of Mack/Bosa net us an extra 3rd rounder... we would still have a top-15 pick, along with two 2nd's, two 3rd's, and two 4th's. Damage could be done in the draft.

The Underwear Olympics hasn't changed my Top-15 much. PON's could be addressed in many ways by many players.

I've been contemplating edge quite a bit lately. It seems either Mack or Bosa (whoever generates greater trade value) will be gone. Minter uses his edge players differently. Are we targeting different prospects than most believe we are? Jaylen Harrell was very effective for Minter @Michigan. Yet, he barely makes any experts' lists. Does he make sense for us in the 5th round? Does he fit in the NFL?
          Dont be shocked if Fashanu aces the combine and moves ahead of Alt on some teams boards. I think he has a higher ceiling than Alt.

I think it is very possible Chargers want a tackle in round one but if they go tackle I think it will be a trade down and not Alt.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

A better bet for Atlanta would be to trade their 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks to the Chargers to move up to draft JJ McCarthy at #5.
            Your words to Fontenot' and Morris' ears

This would be the ideal scenario, Heck, I would take their 2nd and 4th - but of course, for the 5th pick, moving up for QB, their is a premium so yours makes a lot of sense

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              Staley is not stupid...just over whelmed in his position as Chargers head coach. I have no ill will towards him but he does need to learn from his mistakes somewhere else.
              Staley is not a 'real' leader, no amount of experience is going to teach him that plus you can't look at yourself long enough to learn anything when you think everyone else is the problem, Brandon is all about perception and he's good at creating the perception that he knows what he's doing, that's great when it comes to getting a job but we all saw what it turned into once he had to DO the job...he's a mile long and an inch deep, it didn't take long for most of us to realize he had no idea what the fuck he was doing, to rise that quickly up the ranks with very little to show for just reeks of confidence man type skills...I've seen frauds come and go in the NFL my entire life and for some reason Staley's tenure reminded me of Kevin Gilbride although Kevin actually spent a bit more time climbing the ranks once he got into the NFL he shot up the ranks and became a HC with only 5-6 years of NFL experience which was very fast by the standards of that era and was just like Staley in that he benefitted from what others had established in order to get ahead...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

wu gonna hem and haw through the next two months.
                Blame player agents.
                March 13 is when the starting gun goes off.
                Plenty of time to circle back to Alt.
                I do not like the looks of our depth chart right now.

I am sure you have seen it, Nutty.
                Different pundits saying exactly the opposite of each other about the same prospect.
                So many ideas swirling around.
                Zierlein says Troy Fautanu is our mauler.

My favorite game is "Stump the TPB Draftniks."
                Here's three no one is talking about.
                --Decamerion Richardson Outside Corner Miss State 6'2" 195# 4.4 @ #69.
                --Cedric Johnson EDGE Miss 6'3" 260# 4.58 extra long arms @ #139.
                --Andru Phillips Inside/Outside Corner Kentucky 5'11" 190# 4.4 @ #183.

Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-02-2024, 09:47 AM.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  I know its been mentioned but here is Shefty. Staley selling more snake oil to become asst HC. Wow. Two guys with HC in their title who are big chokers. Niners may be heading downhill.

He'll be in charge of player bday celebrations

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

wu gonna hem and haw through the next two months.
                    Blame player agents.
                    March 13 is when the starting gun goes off.
                    Plenty of time to circle back to Alt.
                    I do not like the looks of our depth chart right now.

I am sure you have seen it, Nutty.
                    Different pundits saying exactly the opposite of each other about the same prospect.
                    So many ideas swirling around.
                    Zierlein says Troy Fautanu is our mauler.

My favorite game is "Stump the TPB Draftniks."
                    Here's three no one is talking about.
                    --Decamerion Richardson Outside Corner Miss State 6'2" 195# 4.4 @ #69.
                    --Cedric Johnson EDGE Miss 6'3" 260# 4.58 extra long arms @ #139.
                    --Andru Phillips Inside/Outside Corner Kentucky 5'11" 190# 4.4 @ #183.

Yeah, the depth chart has been bad for a while.
                    Minter's defense will rely on different positions/different players.
                    Roman's offense will rely on different positions/different players.
                    Look to upgrade DT's and LB's. Zone CB's.
                    Look to replace OC, OT, and RB's. WR's are not a need. TE's can be found later... or even free agency.

I like those 3 prospects in our new system.
                    "Experts" can not be relied upon to choose players for our new system.
                    I have a lot of complaints about Zierlein's rankings and evaluations.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’ll probably help Shanahan with in game management and 4th down aggressiveness.
                      Lol, I can only hope. Fuck the 9’ers
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Dont be shocked if Fashanu aces the combine and moves ahead of Alt on some teams boards. I think he has a higher ceiling than Alt.

I think it is very possible Chargers want a tackle in round one but if they go tackle I think it will be a trade down and not Alt.
                        Fashanu has been a Nutty favorite since last year.
                        Having said that, Alt is the better all-around OT, IMO.
                        I would be happy with either... but I think Alt fits Roman's/Harbaugh's ideals better.
                        I trust the brain-trust.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Cannot believe some of this bull from pundits, Nutty.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X