• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep, I would go for that trade! The only way I wouldn't is if MHJ is on the board @5!
    If the Vikings offered 11 23 and a future draft pick - I think I still make the move down. Chargers are not one player away. That said, at 5, not trading back to trade back. If would have to be a whopper of a package and think for 5 - getting 11 23 and maybe a 2025 pick would be a whopper

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Vikings offered 11 23 and a future draft pick - I think I still make the move down. Chargers are not one player away. That said, at 5, not trading back to trade back. If would have to be a whopper of a package and think for 5 - getting 11 23 and maybe a 2025 pick would be a whopper
      As soon as I heard of the Vikings' trade for that second 1st round pick, I thought: "That's it. There's our trade down partner." And I think a straight 11 & 23 for #5 is a fair trade. If they get more, great. If not, I still do that trade.

Very interesting off-season so far. And the hard choices, I think, are being made with the future (beyond '24) in mind. I, for one, feel as if this kind of overhaul was necessary. I don't think you could just plug Harbaugh in to virtually the same roster and expect big changes (although I do think Harbaugh would have made a positive difference, even with the same roster). But Harbaugh has his own style; his own needs; his own philosophy. There's almost nothing about the last 2-3 years of Charger football (hell, almost all of TT's tenure) that was worth THAT much to maintain.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

As soon as I heard of the Vikings' trade for that second 1st round pick, I thought: "That's it. There's our trade down partner." And I think a straight 11 & 23 for #5 is a fair trade. If they get more, great. If not, I still do that trade.

Very interesting off-season so far. And the hard choices, I think, are being made with the future (beyond '24) in mind. I, for one, feel as if this kind of overhaul was necessary. I don't think you could just plug Harbaugh in to virtually the same roster and expect big changes (although I do think Harbaugh would have made a positive difference, even with the same roster). But Harbaugh has his own style; his own needs; his own philosophy. There's almost nothing about the last 2-3 years of Charger football (hell, almost all of TT's tenure) that was worth THAT much to maintain.
        First, agree about Harbaugh. You make a good point about Harbaugh as a coach -- given the list of coaches hired this offseason, no doubt in my mind, all things equal, same talent, same schedule, injuries, everything, Harbaugh would get the most out of that talent than other coaches hired. Vrabel was my second point for that reason

That said - Harbaugh with Hortiz are going to want a team in their vision. So get players that fit that vision - even if it takes a couple drafts. Look at the Lions - their drafts from 21-23 have been productive. Lets just hope that Harbaugh can take some of the players from the Telesco /STaley era (McFadden, Salyer, Otito, Matlock, SPiller, Woods) and add to that group witha solid draft this year.

As for the trade - if the Chargers got 11 + 23 I would do that for sure!

Comment

• HB Chargers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First, agree about Harbaugh. You make a good point about Harbaugh as a coach -- given the list of coaches hired this offseason, no doubt in my mind, all things equal, same talent, same schedule, injuries, everything, Harbaugh would get the most out of that talent than other coaches hired. Vrabel was my second point for that reason

That said - Harbaugh with Hortiz are going to want a team in their vision. So get players that fit that vision - even if it takes a couple drafts. Look at the Lions - their drafts from 21-23 have been productive. Lets just hope that Harbaugh can take some of the players from the Telesco /STaley era (McFadden, Salyer, Otito, Matlock, SPiller, Woods) and add to that group witha solid draft this year.

As for the trade - if the Chargers got 11 + 23 I would do that for sure!
          My first two thoughts after hearing the Vikes trade is that they know what it will take to get the Pats pick at 3, or they like one of Nix/Penix and want to get the 5th year option. I only say this because I have a hard time believing they give up that capital to get 23, and then give up a bunch more to get 5 just to take McCarthy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by HB Chargers View Post

My first two thoughts after hearing the Vikes trade is that they know what it will take to get the Pats pick at 3, or they like one of Nix/Penix and want to get the 5th year option. I only say this because I have a hard time believing they give up that capital to get 23, and then give up a bunch more to get 5 just to take McCarthy.
            Patriots might trade for Fields and be open to trading back to 11 and 23

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep, I would go for that trade! The only way I wouldn't is if MHJ is on the board @5!
              I'd do it even if he is. There will be a very good WR at 11. At worst, Brian Thomas, but possibly Odunze or Bowers in play as well. #23 can gain another day 1 starter
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'd do it even if he is. There will be a very good WR at 11. At worst, Brian Thomas, but possibly Odunze or Bowers in play as well. #23 can gain another day 1 starter
                Agreed. 11 + 23 would set the draft up to be very good

Could take that pick at 23 and do a reverse Kenneth Murray - meaning a 2nd and 3rd. Or could trade back and get a 2024 pick and a 2025 pick to start that process of stockpiling for the future

At 11 - you can maybe get Bowers, Fuanga, Terrion Arnold - so many options.

Comment

• Icebolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by HB Chargers View Post

I agree, my boys are Viking fans and one of them said " not trading up to draft JJ". It's going to have to be one ofd the top 3 picks.
                  NE may really like the idea of 11, 23 and Fields. Unless they really don't see Fields as a long term option. I would love the Chargers to get 11 and 23. It would be my dream. At 11 you may still get a WR, TE, OL stud or top CB. At 23 trade down again. BUT, I don't see the #5 pick as the place the Vikes want to move up to.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Anybody want to put forward a better NFL DT ?
                    Joe Greene? Merlin Olsen? Or is AD the GOAT?

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Very interesting to see how it plays out for the Patriots.
                      New defensive Coach but the GM is a Wolf from the GB tree. Think they learned their lesson from Mac Jones and will be surprised if they don’t take who’s left from Maye or Daniels. Steelers suffering now from the Pickett experience as well.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Kenny Pickett traded to the Eagles. (Sorry if already posted).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

I agree, my boys are Viking fans and one of them said " not trading up to draft JJ". It's going to have to be one ofd the top 3 picks.
                          NE may really like the idea of 11, 23 and Fields. Unless they really don't see Fields as a long term option. I would love the Chargers to get 11 and 23. It would be my dream. At 11 you may still get a WR, TE, OL stud or top CB. At 23 trade down again. BUT, I don't see the #5 pick as the place the Vikes want to move up to.
                          Pick #11 and #23 ain't getting them up to the top 3 QBs.

Not even close. Pick #11 and #23 for Herbert at pick #6 in the 2020 draft would have netted the Chargers Mekhi Becton and Kenneth Murray.
                          I guess it would have saved the Chargers a 2nd round pick, so there is that.

Someone posted something about the Vikings already contacting Arizona about #4.

Comment

Working...
                          X