The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Jason McCourty tweet:

Kyle Van Noy 32 yrs old finished the season with 9 sacks in 14 games

Jadeveon Clowney 30 yrs finished with 9.5 sacks

Veteran players who didn’t make waves when they signed but have been a huge part of an elite Ravens defense!
    I want a piece of that front office here.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

D. Perryman and D. King II are not so bad in that HOU def !
      Two guys I liked in 2018.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Jason McCourty tweet:

Kyle Van Noy 32 yrs old finished the season with 9 sacks in 14 games

Jadeveon Clowney 30 yrs finished with 9.5 sacks

Veteran players who didn’t make waves when they signed but have been a huge part of an elite Ravens defense!
        Van Noy 2023 salary cap hit = approx $1.5 M

Clowney 2023 salary cap hit = approx $2.5 M

Joey Bosa 2023 salary cap hit = approx $36 M

the chargers salary cap nightmare for 2024 is overrated. with a few key cuts we will improve our position. there will be some dead cap hits, but it should work out.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          D. Perryman and D. King II are not so bad in that HOU def !
          Two guys I liked in 2018.
          I saw Perryman hobble off the field injured in 2nd half. Don’t know if he returned -that was always the disappointment with him here.

I didn’t agree with letting King go at all. Something weird/personalities related about that Charger decision imo. Was it Staley that let him go or was it before BS? Can’t remember now,
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

the chargers salary cap nightmare for 2024 is overrated. with a few key cuts we will improve our position. there will be some dead cap hits, but it should work out.
            I think you’re right - It’ll be manageable if we bring in a better HC to get more from our players and a GM is better at finding roster-fill talent. Teams have managed larger deficits.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Wrbanwal
              FUdean
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Can’t remember years past but there is no shortage of playoff scenarios this year. And it looks like every playoff team will have at least .500 record

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I have looked at the numbers - I think the Chargers will need to move on from Mack or Allen to field a deeper better team while also building for the future. Telesco and Staley went for an inside straight this year - and it didn't work. Don't make the same mistake again. Build the damn thing right.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I saw Perryman hobble off the field injured in 2nd half. Don’t know if he returned -that was always the disappointment with him here.

I didn’t agree with letting King go at all. Something weird/personalities related about that Charger decision imo. Was it Staley that let him go or was it before BS? Can’t remember now,
                  Lynn

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Sadly i think this matters>>> Players are probably more apt to sign w Baltimore for a reduced rate than they would with us. They are always a contender, we are not. Clowney in the past was alway looking for a lot of money but perhaps figured he wasnt going to get it this year but that is a lot less than he has made prior to this season.

Maybe im wrong but it could be possible.

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sadly i think this matters>>> Players are probably more apt to sign w Baltimore for a reduced rate than they would with us. They are always a contender, we are not. Clowney in the past was alway looking for a lot of money but perhaps figured he wasnt going to get it this year but that is a lot less than he has made prior to this season.

Maybe im wrong but it could be possible.
                      Even if we can't pull off what Baltimore did, imagine if we paid $5M for a decent pass rusher. the problem is that we have max redline salaries for Bosa, Mack, MW and KA. i think we can restructure KA one more time to save money in 2024 (he looks to me like he has at least 2 years left in him). the other 3 are up in the air. Mack is great, but if we can find an EDGE in the 2nd round and then find an older FA, we might have something. the problem is so many needs, there is a great post here about going all out on OLine in the draft, which also sounds good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Even if we can't pull off what Baltimore did, imagine if we paid $5M for a decent pass rusher. the problem is that we have max redline salaries for Bosa, Mack, MW and KA. i think we can restructure KA one more time to save money in 2024 (he looks to me like he has at least 2 years left in him). the other 3 are up in the air. Mack is great, but if we can find an EDGE in the 2nd round and then find an older FA, we might have something. the problem is so many needs, there is a great post here about going all out on OLine in the draft, which also sounds good.
                        If anything it shows we can sign a 1 year rental at Edge or CB, TE or where ever if we dont draft one if the board just didnt fall our way, and draft one the next off season. I think we do need to address the OC possition either by draft or FA.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

One thing about restructuring, you are only pushing that to the future. Also what kind of money will Allen want. I think if the Chargers and Allen do something like Fitz did with the Cardinals - basically one year deals and when finished, there is a nominal dead cap hit, thats workable. If Allen wants another big contract, I think it might be time to move on.

Mack - I just think you trade him and get value now as unless again, takes a reasonable contract with easy opt outs - thats one

I just don't want stupid short sighted moves when the team needs to really rebuild

Comment

Working...
                          X