• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

What is your opinion on the top six QB prospects in this draft, how do you think they will fare in the NFL?

Caleb Williams, soon to be a Bear - I think he will succeed, though I don't believe it's a lock that he'll be great or a Pro Bowl type of QB. I don't think he'll top CJ Stroud's rookie season.

Drake Maye, soon to be a Commander - Could be Herbert's younger brother. Same kind of player. Local kid who played college football for his local university like Herbert. I think he'll succeed. Ekeler will be his best friend as a rookie.

Jayden Daniels - Will he be a Patriot? I have no opinion.

J.J. McCarthy - I have some doubts about him in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

Bo Nix - I think he will succeed in the NFL. He could be the best NFL QB of this class. Sean Payton is said to covet him. Nix is a Breesian type of QB. Accurate, high completion percentage. I hope the Broncos don't find a way to nab him.

Michael Penix - I don't really have an opinion. He has an injury history. But he flashed skills in college that he could as well be the best NFL QB of this draft.

Comment

• NashBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I was watching the classic movie "Speed" recently. It dawned at me that Keanu's character is like Telesco. If the bus gus over 50mph the bus will explode. It has to stay at that speed = .500 ball. No playoffs or else!!!

Edit: I thought that gun was a Beretta 92 but the front barrel looks like a Glock.

The pistol he's holding is a Smith&Wesson 6904. A 9mm for easy concealed carry as an off duty weapon.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wonder if, while hiring his third HC, he was told “this is it - you have to win now, there is no 4th HC”? Because he generally managed cap very well for about 7 years until the last couple years when he dove head-first in the deep end to construct his “all in” roster and then hold it together for an extra year.
        U could be right there, Mac...TT went nuts in FA and extending vets for bank bucks his final year or two...kind of reminds me of AJ Smith his final few years...like I've been saying, when a GM is in the hot seat, he'll throw caution to the wind and make all kinds of crazy deals just to keep his job...hence my belief that Trader Joe needs to play hardball with these GM's whose heads are on the chopping block...I think we have the chance to reap some beaucoup picks from that #5...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

U could be right there, Mac...TT went nuts in FA and extending vets for bank bucks his final year or two...kind of reminds me of AJ Smith his final few years...like I've been saying, when a GM is in the hot seat, he'll throw caution to the wind and make all kinds of crazy deals just to keep his job...hence my belief that Trader Joe needs to play hardball with these GM's whose heads are on the chopping block...I think we have the chance to reap some beaucoup picks from that #5...
          Minnesota - they lost Cousins. Young WRs in Addison and JJ. Sam Darnold is not the future - he is a placeholder. They traded up to be in position to get a QB. That could be NE, AZ or the Chargers. If that happens, you are right, Hortize needs to make sure the Vikings overpay for pick 5

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think what didn't fit was the 'pain in the ass' part . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              What is your opinion on the top six QB prospects in this draft, how do you think they will fare in the NFL?

Caleb Williams, soon to be a Bear - I think he will succeed, though I don't believe it's a lock that he'll be great or a Pro Bowl type of QB. I don't think he'll top CJ Stroud's rookie season.

Drake Maye, soon to be a Commander - Could be Herbert's younger brother. Same kind of player. Local kid who played college football for his local university like Herbert. I think he'll succeed. Ekeler will be his best friend as a rookie.

Jayden Daniels - Will he be a Patriot? I have no opinion.

J.J. McCarthy - I have some doubts about him in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

Bo Nix - I think he will succeed in the NFL. He could be the best NFL QB of this class. Sean Payton is said to covet him. Nix is a Breesian type of QB. Accurate, high completion percentage. I hope the Broncos don't find a way to nab him.

Michael Penix - I don't really have an opinion. He has an injury history. But he flashed skills in college that he could as well be the best NFL QB of this draft.
              J.J. McCarthy- I have some doubts about him in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

Better than Trent Dilfer!

Bo Nix - I think he will succeed in the NFL. He could be the best NFL QB of this class.

I don't know about this but still under rated compared to the rest.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wonder if, while hiring his third HC, he was told “this is it - you have to win now, there is no 4th HC”? Because he generally managed cap very well for about 7 years until the last couple years when he dove head-first in the deep end to construct his “all in” roster and then hold it together for an extra year.
                Hmm, ...wonder what he was told this year? That 110m, 4 year deal for a good but never a pro bowler DT was mighty big.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NashBolt View Post

The pistol he's holding is a Smith&Wesson 6904. A 9mm for easy concealed carry as an off duty weapon.
                  Here I thought the Sig 365 was bad ass. They had double stack compacts in the early 90's!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, ...wonder what he was told this year? That 110m, 4 year deal for a good but never a pro bowler DT was mighty big.
                    I'm guessing TT isn't done yet signing bloated deals for FA's...

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

The Broncos reportedly are going to make a play for the #4 pick. They would have to trade their #12 pick in this draft and their first round picks for the next two years, plus next year's 3rd round pick, following what the 49ers gave up to draft Trey Lance in 2021.

Payton is said to covet Bo Nix. The Broncos only have three picks in this draft. In addition to #12 they have #76 in the 3rd round and #147 in the 5th. All their other picks belong to other teams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

The Broncos reportedly are going to make a play for the #4 pick. They would have to trade their #12 pick in this draft and their first round picks for the next two years, plus next year's 3rd round pick, following what the 49ers gave up to draft Trey Lance in 2021.

Payton is said to covet Bo Nix. The Broncos only have three picks in this draft. In addition to #12 they have #76 in the 3rd round and #147 in the 5th. All their other picks belong to other teams.

If he wants to trade 12 but two future first rounders - I would listen for sure

But they can get Bo Nix probably at 12 - if not the second round = -- oop they don't have a second round pick as they traded it for Payton

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Between Denver and the Raiders sabotaging themselves we only have to worry about KC in our division. MH2 or trade down for a QB hungry team at #5. If I was the Chargers I would just flip with giants who could take JJ and we still get MH2. 5 QBs in the first 5 picks. Would that set an NFL record of some sort?
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X