• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

So he’s okay to be on the team and compete and learn and maybe grow into a long term starter if we pick him in the 3rd round, but not the 2nd. Either you think he can play at this level or you don’t, one round’s difference seems weird, cuz if you don’t then don’t pick him period and he’s a wasted pick in any round.
    Can't speak for Boltjolt, but gambling with a 3rd round pick makes more sense than gambling with a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

So he’s okay to be on the team and compete and learn and maybe grow into a long term starter if we pick him in the 3rd round, but not the 2nd. Either you think he can play at this level or you don’t, one round’s difference seems weird, cuz if you don’t then don’t pick him period and he’s a wasted pick in any round.
      I'm not really that interested in him but for a lower round, it's better than a higher pick. Reminds me of Tebow with hopefully more accuracy.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-12-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Fair enough. No Hurts for you two lol. Hell I don’t even have him in my three round mock, cuz other fish to fry and I think AL/TT will stand pat at QB, for better or worse.
        Last edited by blueman; 02-12-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Fair enough. No Hurts for you two lol. Hell I don’t even have him in my three round mock, cuz other fish to fry and I think AL/TT will stand pat at QB, for better or worse.
          If we go into the season with Taylor as our starting QB with no rookie QB waiting in the wings, it will be just utterly depressing. I just see no point in wasting a season on a guy that nobody thinks is the answer. It will be really hard to have any optimism for the team.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If we go into the season with Taylor as our starting QB with no rookie QB waiting in the wings, it will be just utterly depressing. I just see no point in wasting a season on a guy that nobody thinks is the answer. It will be really hard to have any optimism for the team.
            Season after season with so many on IR, I can’t remember when I last had optimism this team would win anything. Even with Brees/Team Savior or Rivers/new Team Savior. I’m excited moving forward, to anything new (and yes I remember those crippling years post-Humphries...).

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Season after season with so many on IR, I can’t remember when I last had optimism this team would win anything. Even with Brees/Team Savior or Rivers/new Team Savior. I’m excited moving forward, to anything new (and yes I remember those crippling years post-Humphries...).
              agree... and post Fouts..... post Leaf...... there is a long long list of scrub failures.....

Taylor is only a temporary starter until Tua or Burrow are ready.... Hebert will likely be similar to Allen in Buff or mariota...... more a runner than thrower....

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2875418-nfl-free-agency-2020-predicting-where-the-top-rbs-will-land

free agents ??

Derrick Henry (12m/yr) * Bills * he might sign for $10m, albeit think that would be tops
                MG3 (10.5) * Miami * anyone who pays much over $3m/yr here is overpaying (me thinx)
                Ekeler (11) * Titans * could our second round tender turn into Prince Tega Wanogho
                Kenyan Drake (6) * Az
                Carlos Hyde (3) * LAC * solid runner that loses some of his luster if we lose out on Ek
                Jordan Howard (3) * Vegas
                Kareem Hunt (3) * Texans

draft ??

Jonathan Taylor * Browns
                D'Andre Swift * KC * him to the Chiefs and Lamb to the Silver & Black....
                JK Dobbins * Bucs * somebody to help Phil w/the load
                Clyde Edward Helaire * Philly
                Ke'Shawn Vaughn * SF
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

If they can get Kareem Hunt for $3m that is a steal

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    If they can get Kareem Hunt for $3m that is a steal
                    Based on history, Chargers would never dare touch a character like Hunt.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Based on history, Chargers would never dare touch a character like Hunt.
                      Yep...also, bringing Hunt to L.A., one of the top nightclub towns in the country, would be like putting fire and gasoline together...this happened 2 years ago, but still, just sayin'...

image.png
                      https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/sport...nts/index.html
                      Last edited by Topcat; 02-15-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I’ve read this is a good year to reload RB from the ranks of matriculating college kids? Thoughts.

Let MG walk please, he’s JAG imo - a perfectly solid RB but not worth a top shelf contract vs other cap space investment opp’s. $2.5M max. Eke won’t get a 2nd round tender imo for the same reason. Teams love their 2nd round picks, relative success rate and facts aside, many think of them as a low 1st rd pick. NE is one of the few teams that would spend a 2nd on someone they like but they have bigger problems to address.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2875418-nfl-free-agency-2020-predicting-where-the-top-rbs-will-land

free agents ??

Derrick Henry (12m/yr) * Bills * he might sign for $10m, albeit think that would be tops
                          MG3 (10.5) * Miami * anyone who pays much over $3m/yr here is overpaying (me thinx)
                          Ekeler (11) * Titans * could our second round tender turn into Prince Tega Wanogho
                          Kenyan Drake (6) * Az
                          Carlos Hyde (3) * LAC * solid runner that loses some of his luster if we lose out on Ek
                          Jordan Howard (3) * Vegas
                          Kareem Hunt (3) * Texans

draft ??

Jonathan Taylor * Browns
                          D'Andre Swift * KC * him to the Chiefs and Lamb to the Silver & Black....
                          JK Dobbins * Bucs * somebody to help Phil w/the load
                          Clyde Edward Helaire * Philly
                          Ke'Shawn Vaughn * SF
                          Who would pay Ekeler 11 mil a year? Not gonna happen. Even if we tender him a first rounder it's less than half of that. Doubt anyone would give up a first for him but I'd sure take it.
                          He will remain with us.

Comment

Working...
                          X