• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

That's bananas. Murray gave up baseball money to be the #1 pick. I say there's no way Burrow sits out a year unsigned.
    The other option is if they do draft him with hostility they might trade him if they can't sign him before the beginning of the season. Burrow has options and none of them are good for cinci if he decides to become stubborn. I stll say it's in cinci's interest to do a trade deal with either the chargers or miami etc. or simply rape a team like the patriots for their top three picks for two years in a row before the draft.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I dont know where we discuss the XFL here....but i like the way they handle kick offs. Especially if the other option is to just eliminate them.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I dont know where we discuss the XFL here....but i like the way they handle kick offs. Especially if the other option is to just eliminate them.
        Same here. I’m fine with doing away with that part of the game.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

The kickoff is weird.

LA QB Kanoff has a rag arm.
          Nick Novak sighting.
          Kony Ealy sighting....that guy has fallen fast snd an example of a hyped player.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            The kickoff is weird.

LA QB Kanoff has a rag arm.
            Nick Novak sighting.
            Kony Ealy sighting....that guy has fallen fast snd an example of a hyped player.
            didnt catch it, don’t plan to.
            Ya I liked Ealy in Mizzu (was it?)
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Speaking in a recent interview with Chris Russo of Sirius XM, impending free agent Shaq Barrett expressed that he'd be willing to give the Buccaneers a hometown discount.

"I’m not going to take drastically less but I am open to doing what I think is best for my career and I think that would be staying in Tampa," explained Barrett, who has said all along he envisions himself as a Buc long-term. The former Bronco broke out in a big way in 2019, exploding for a league-high 19.5 sacks in his debut season for Tampa. In the interview, Barrett also told Mad Dog he "hates" moving and is not a fan of having half his paycheck go to taxes, which he feels would be the case in Los Angeles. "If [other teams] offer me more than Tampa, I’m going to look at what their taxes are compared to Tampa’s," said the five-year vet. "Because I ain’t going to live in L.A. and get taxed crazy." The 27-year-old seems likely to remain a Buc.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Cant blame the guy.Taxation is theft and Ca. is one of the worst offenders.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Cant blame the guy.Taxation is theft and Ca. is one of the worst offenders.
                  There is a whole thread on the topic of taxation.
                  Post your thoughts, ideas, solutions, and reasoning over there.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

There is a whole thread on the topic of taxation.
                    Post your thoughts, ideas, solutions, and reasoning over there.
                    Maybe you should take that up with the poster he quoted. It was on topic.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Andy Dalton is going to save us! Yay!

Chargers QB search: The Andy Dalton fallback plan

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Feb 3, 2020, 12:56pm PST

So far this year I’ve been going through some options as to who the LA Chargers could target as their quarterback next season. This has included my write-up on Teddy Bridgewater (don’t do it), Tua Tagovailoa (don’t do it), the current QB situation for all 32 teams (LA’s not in a great position), and some potential destinations for Philip Rivers (including the Chargers).

Today I continue by looking at a quarterback who is not in the draft and not a free agent but is guaranteed to be supplanted from his starting job this year.

He is 32, a three-time Pro Bowler, and since 2011 has been to the playoffs twice as many times as Rivers has. He’s also one of the worst postseason quarterbacks in history and his team is picking first overall and replacing him with Joe Burrow for a reason. As you already know, he is Andy motherfucking Dalton.

Dalton signed a six-year, $96 million contract in 2014 and it is just about time to pay the piper, as he enters the final year of that contract, which pays him a base salary of $17.5 million with no bonus attached. That means that if the Cincinnati Bengals release Dalton, they’ll save his entire cap hit. If they trade him, same deal, and the acquiring team will get a league-average starting QB who ranks 16th in 2020 salary, before any new contracts come into play.

Basically, Dalton is getting paid exactly what he should be getting paid.

“But is Dalton really an average starting QB?” It’s a good question. Maybe I’m overestimating him. Let’s think about it and if LA should consider trading for him once either plan A goes to hell (Rivers? Tom Brady?) or if they’d prefer to have him as a veteran stopgap for a quarterback they draft in April.

Playing for the NFL’s worst team in 2019, Dalton started 13 games and completed 59.5% of his passes for 3,494 yards, 16 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 6.6 Y/A, and a passer rating of 78.3. He ranked 31st in QBR, which isdecidedly not average. He ranked below Sam Darnold and Gardner Minshew and just ahead of Kyle Allen, Mason Rudolph, and last-place Dwayne Haskins. He was slightly better in DYAR and DVOA, but surely Dalton was a very bottom tier QB in 2019.

Are there adequate excuses for that?

Though the team went 2-11 with Dalton, we do know that he’s better than the player he was benched for, Ryan Finley. In three starts, Finley went 0-3 and posted a lower passer rating and QBR than Dalton. Surrounded by the same offensive line and weapons, Finley proved to be even much worse than one of the league’s worst statistical QBs.

The Bengals had a decent first option in Tyler Boyd (90 of 148 targets, 1,046 yards) but Boyd is not quite the dynamic WR1 that many teams have. That stands out even more when a proven WR1, A.J. Green, spends the season on the sidelines. Dalton’s second option was Auden Tate, a 22-year-old 7th round pick in 2018 who may have not seen the field for most NFL offenses. His third was the 27-year-old Alex Erickson, a former UDFA who was only on the team originally to be a punt and kick returner but ended up going from 53 targets in his first three seasons to 78 last year. He would next hit up Tyler Eifert and John Ross, two talented physical players who have underwhelmed due to injuries and inconsistencies at the pro level.

As to the offensive line, PFF ranked Cincinnati 30th, ahead of only the LA Rams and the Miami Dolphins. Many could successfully make an argument that Dalton is not good, but I don’t think anyone would argue against the fact that any Bengals QB was setup for failure in 2019; I remember many people picking Cincinnati to be about .500 going into last year, but they did look like the league’s worst team to me and that’s less disputable now as they are set to give head coach Zac Taylor — not a fit for Dalton obviously — Burrow for the short and long-term future.

When was Dalton last good then? He wasn’t too bad in 2018!

In Marvin Lewis’s final season in Cincinnati, Dalton played in 11 games and completed 62% of his passes for 2,566 yards, 22 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 7 Y/A, and he ranked 17th in QBR. By most measures, I would say that Dalton proved to be a league-average QB and that’s where he’s been for most of his nine-year career.

He’s not special in any other regard than starting in the NFL for any person makes them pretty special. He’s just not special compared to Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, or Philip Rivers. He’s maybe not even special in the ways that Baker Mayfield is special, but Dalton could be better for a team than Mayfield is, depending on the team.

The Bengals went 5-6 with Dalton in 2018 compared to 1-4 with Jeff Driskel. He had Boyd, but he also had Green for nine games and the duo put up 9.5 and 9 yards per target respectively. The offensive line was bad, but not as bad. Overall, Dalton seems to be a quarterback who is good enough to help a really good team make the playoffs in the right situation, but also one who is 0-4 with one touchdown and six picks once he gets to the postseason.

He’s also potentially a cheap and adequate starter that a team could have for a day three draft pick or on the free agent market should Cincinnati not feel they’re getting decent enough trade offers.

I know that Andy Dalton is not good. I also know that as of today, the LA Chargers similarly have a bad offensive line. However, should they find that Rivers is gone and that all of the other veteran options they like go to other situations, I think Dalton is a worthy one-year bridge to the next player you build around and even lessens any desperation to take a QB early to some degree.

Dalton’s someone you can start in Week 1 and also someone you don’t feel bad about benching for a rookie in Week 4, so in that regard, given his likely affordable value, I would rank him above Bridgewater. It’s just a matter of comparing cost and value. He’s an okay value.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...-trade-release

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        Andy Dalton is going to save us! Yay!

Chargers QB search: The Andy Dalton fallback plan

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Feb 3, 2020, 12:56pm PST

So far this year I’ve been going through some options as to who the LA Chargers could target as their quarterback next season. This has included my write-up on Teddy Bridgewater (don’t do it), Tua Tagovailoa (don’t do it), the current QB situation for all 32 teams (LA’s not in a great position), and some potential destinations for Philip Rivers (including the Chargers).

Today I continue by looking at a quarterback who is not in the draft and not a free agent but is guaranteed to be supplanted from his starting job this year.

He is 32, a three-time Pro Bowler, and since 2011 has been to the playoffs twice as many times as Rivers has. He’s also one of the worst postseason quarterbacks in history and his team is picking first overall and replacing him with Joe Burrow for a reason. As you already know, he is Andy motherfucking Dalton.

Dalton signed a six-year, $96 million contract in 2014 and it is just about time to pay the piper, as he enters the final year of that contract, which pays him a base salary of $17.5 million with no bonus attached. That means that if the Cincinnati Bengals release Dalton, they’ll save his entire cap hit. If they trade him, same deal, and the acquiring team will get a league-average starting QB who ranks 16th in 2020 salary, before any new contracts come into play.

Basically, Dalton is getting paid exactly what he should be getting paid.

“But is Dalton really an average starting QB?” It’s a good question. Maybe I’m overestimating him. Let’s think about it and if LA should consider trading for him once either plan A goes to hell (Rivers? Tom Brady?) or if they’d prefer to have him as a veteran stopgap for a quarterback they draft in April.

Playing for the NFL’s worst team in 2019, Dalton started 13 games and completed 59.5% of his passes for 3,494 yards, 16 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 6.6 Y/A, and a passer rating of 78.3. He ranked 31st in QBR, which isdecidedly not average. He ranked below Sam Darnold and Gardner Minshew and just ahead of Kyle Allen, Mason Rudolph, and last-place Dwayne Haskins. He was slightly better in DYAR and DVOA, but surely Dalton was a very bottom tier QB in 2019.

Are there adequate excuses for that?

Though the team went 2-11 with Dalton, we do know that he’s better than the player he was benched for, Ryan Finley. In three starts, Finley went 0-3 and posted a lower passer rating and QBR than Dalton. Surrounded by the same offensive line and weapons, Finley proved to be even much worse than one of the league’s worst statistical QBs.

The Bengals had a decent first option in Tyler Boyd (90 of 148 targets, 1,046 yards) but Boyd is not quite the dynamic WR1 that many teams have. That stands out even more when a proven WR1, A.J. Green, spends the season on the sidelines. Dalton’s second option was Auden Tate, a 22-year-old 7th round pick in 2018 who may have not seen the field for most NFL offenses. His third was the 27-year-old Alex Erickson, a former UDFA who was only on the team originally to be a punt and kick returner but ended up going from 53 targets in his first three seasons to 78 last year. He would next hit up Tyler Eifert and John Ross, two talented physical players who have underwhelmed due to injuries and inconsistencies at the pro level.

As to the offensive line, PFF ranked Cincinnati 30th, ahead of only the LA Rams and the Miami Dolphins. Many could successfully make an argument that Dalton is not good, but I don’t think anyone would argue against the fact that any Bengals QB was setup for failure in 2019; I remember many people picking Cincinnati to be about .500 going into last year, but they did look like the league’s worst team to me and that’s less disputable now as they are set to give head coach Zac Taylor — not a fit for Dalton obviously — Burrow for the short and long-term future.

When was Dalton last good then? He wasn’t too bad in 2018!

In Marvin Lewis’s final season in Cincinnati, Dalton played in 11 games and completed 62% of his passes for 2,566 yards, 22 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 7 Y/A, and he ranked 17th in QBR. By most measures, I would say that Dalton proved to be a league-average QB and that’s where he’s been for most of his nine-year career.

He’s not special in any other regard than starting in the NFL for any person makes them pretty special. He’s just not special compared to Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, or Philip Rivers. He’s maybe not even special in the ways that Baker Mayfield is special, but Dalton could be better for a team than Mayfield is, depending on the team.

The Bengals went 5-6 with Dalton in 2018 compared to 1-4 with Jeff Driskel. He had Boyd, but he also had Green for nine games and the duo put up 9.5 and 9 yards per target respectively. The offensive line was bad, but not as bad. Overall, Dalton seems to be a quarterback who is good enough to help a really good team make the playoffs in the right situation, but also one who is 0-4 with one touchdown and six picks once he gets to the postseason.

He’s also potentially a cheap and adequate starter that a team could have for a day three draft pick or on the free agent market should Cincinnati not feel they’re getting decent enough trade offers.

I know that Andy Dalton is not good. I also know that as of today, the LA Chargers similarly have a bad offensive line. However, should they find that Rivers is gone and that all of the other veteran options they like go to other situations, I think Dalton is a worthy one-year bridge to the next player you build around and even lessens any desperation to take a QB early to some degree.

Dalton’s someone you can start in Week 1 and also someone you don’t feel bad about benching for a rookie in Week 4, so in that regard, given his likely affordable value, I would rank him above Bridgewater. It’s just a matter of comparing cost and value. He’s an okay value.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...-trade-release
                        :chuckle:. What an idiot that writer is. Dalton does not fit what Lynn seeks.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Lol dont get yer shit in a twist at the thought of politics creepin into a football forum.Like was mentioned I stayed on topic.

Comment

Working...
                          X