• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree with this. If Lynn was coaching the Pats, they'd have 1 or 2 wins. If Belichick was coaching the Chargers, we'd be 7-2.
    And...heading to another superbowl!

:cheers:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree with this. If Lynn was coaching the Pats, they'd have 1 or 2 wins. If Belichick was coaching the Chargers, we'd be 7-2.
      Bellichick's special teams are consistently better than avg, usually among the best. The Chargers players avg more critical errors per game than Bill's players avg in a year.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

He knows mopre afout EVERYTHING! than Lynn..... lol
        Between Bill and his father Steve Belichick, their personal library, was considered one of the largest collections of football-related works outside of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Belichick Library on the campus of the United States Naval Academy was principally donated by Steve Belichick, and consists of books on football strategy and history, as well as Navy Football memorabilia. Bill has continued to contribute to it in recent years.

When Bill was a child, he was an only child, who would sit in on his father's scouting meeting at Navy football in the early 1960s, at Annapolis.

Bill Belichick was born and educated himself to be the greatest football coach of my lifetime. Bill named his son, Steve.

Bill started as an assistant in 1975 for $25 a week for Ted Marchibroda of the Baltimore Colts at age 23.

Wade Phillips also got started as an assistant in 1975. But Wade was 28. Bill was a savant. Wade earned it.

I've been a gridiron football nerd since 1976.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Between Bill and his father Steve Belichick, their personal library, was considered one of the largest collections of football-related works outside of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Belichick Library on the campus of the United States Naval Academy was principally donated by Steve Belichick, and consists of books on football strategy and history, as well as Navy Football memorabilia. Bill has continued to contribute to it in recent years.

When Bill was a child, he was an only child, who would sit in on his father's scouting meeting at Navy football in the early 1960s, at Annapolis.

Bill Belichick was born and educated himself to be the greatest football coach of my lifetime. Bill named his son, Steve.

Bill started as an assistant in 1975 for $25 a week for Ted Marchibroda of the Baltimore Colts at age 23.

Wade Phillips also got started as an assistant in 1975. But Wade was 28. Bill was a savant. Wade earned it.

All the more puzzling that Belicheat is so talented, yet feels he still needs to cheat to win...and repeatedly...

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

All the more puzzling that Belicheat is so talented, yet feels he still needs to cheat to win...and repeatedly...
            That has always puzzled me too......in life usually when we encounter cheaters it's from people who could not win or believed they could not win legitimately.....

yet Bellicheat cheats in any way possible as long as he sees some percentage of gain..... like deflating footballs reduces the likelihood of fumbling (NE by far leads NFL in fewest fumbles for many years)......it had nothing to do with Brady passing the ball....Brsdy was used as a scapegoat because if Bellicheat(who is in charge and nothing happens without his orders or approval) was busted for inflate gate, the NFL would have been forced to ban him for at least a year if not more for multiple infractions...(remember in Spygate NFL covered up by destroying the tapes so no one outside of NFL would ever know the extent of how many teams were really affected and for how many years...... since after Brady bit the bullet to cover for bellycheat, there were zero rules changes made that would prevent what NE did and nothing stopping them from continuing..... corruption is everywhere......

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

impressive..... most extreme high achievers have similar lives intensly focused toward a single goal.....

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

That has always puzzled me too......in life usually when we encounter cheaters it's from people who could not win or believed they could not win legitimately.....

yet Bellicheat cheats in any way possible as long as he sees some percentage of gain..... like deflating footballs reduces the likelihood of fumbling (NE by far leads NFL in fewest fumbles for many years)......it had nothing to do with Brady passing the ball....Brsdy was used as a scapegoat because if Bellicheat(who is in charge and nothing happens without his orders or approval) was busted for inflate gate, the NFL would have been forced to ban him for at least a year if not more for multiple infractions...(remember in Spygate NFL covered up by destroying the tapes so no one outside of NFL would ever know the extent of how many teams were really affected and for how many years...... since after Brady bit the bullet to cover for bellycheat, there were zero rules changes made that would prevent what NE did and nothing stopping them from continuing..... corruption is everywhere......
                When I think of Belicheat and his obsessive need to cheat to win, the only explanation I can think of is: "Power corrupts...and absolute power corrupts absolutely." (Lord Acton). For some people, winning once or twice isn't good enough. It's like an intoxicating drug. They need more and more of it, even if they have to resort to corruption, cheating, lying and in some cases, even illegal behavior to achieve their greedy goal...

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Look into Ernie Adams. He is the secretive guy who is always around. I think it's Ernie. The only person in entire Patriot organization with more money than Ernie Adams is Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hey Bill Belichick fans, I did a quick bio on Bill, here's one on Wade Phillips. Every bit the defensive genius Bill is.

Wade Phillips attended High School in Port Neches, Texas, and went to the University of Houston, where he was a three-year starter at linebacker from 1966 to 1968. He held the school record for career assisted tackles that stood until 1991. Wade then became a graduate assistant to HC Bill Yeoman at the University of Houston in 1969. In 1972, he coordinated his first defense, for a high school FB team. He then coached the linebackers at Oklahoma State University from 1973 to 1974, under his father, Bum Phillips, who was OSU defensive coordinator at that time. In 1975, Phillips coached the defensive line at the University of Kansas under head coach Bud Moore.

Phillips began his professional coaching career with the Houston Oilers, head-coached by his father. He served as the linebackers coach in 1976, and the defensive line coach from 1977 to 1980.
                    Wade remained on his father's staff as the pair headed for New Orleans.

Then in 1986, Buddy Ryan came calling. He needed a defensive coordinator in Philadelphia.

Aric DiLalla: What sort of lessons did you learn from Coach Ryan when you were with the Eagles?

Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips: Well I mean, Coach Buddy had come off the year with '85 [Chicago] Bears [and] the 46 defense was the newest and the best thing. So it was a great opportunity for me to be able to be the defensive coordinator for him. He gave me that opportunity, and I got to learn about the 46. A lot of the concepts we still use in our defense today. The 46 itself, people kinda caught up with overall, but the concepts are good.

AD: What did he mean to your career in terms of the impact he had on you?

WP: First of all, I'd been coaching for my dad for 10 years, and so my dad had retired and he gave me an opportunity to coach without my dad and kind of be more on my own. So I always appreciated that from him and the things I learned from him defensively.

AD: What kind of impact did he have on the league and what do you think his legacy is going to be?

WP: Buddy is certainly an icon. Especially defensively, his concepts in the 46 defense and the multiple schemes that they played. People still play those. ... Like I said, some of the concepts out of the 46, we utilize in our defense today.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

De'Andre Swift.
                      I am seeing elements of LT's game.
                      Burst.
                      Vision.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

It is still too early to tell. He can still be our next Marcus McNeill.
                        McNeil was a kickass pro bowl caliber starter practically from day 1. We’re into year 2 on Pippy Longstockings ...
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

McNeil was a kickass pro bowl caliber starter practically from day 1. We’re into year 2 on Pippy Longstockings ...
                          Marcus McNeill 2.0 >> Trey Smith
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X