Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm not exactly certain what your view is.
    The that they should get rid of AR & go with Jordan Love part is clear.
    What comes next?
    Love can be a disaster;
    Green Bay can miss out on the playoffs the next 3 years:
    Gutekunst can tell the fans to take a chill pill (or just go fuck themselves);
    And the Packers will sign him to a new 5 year contract as a reward?
    That GB will not trade AR this season regardless if he shows up or not.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Seems like Tom Brady is the only 'sacred cow' who's allowed to part ways with 'company line'.

Brady didn’t hold out on a contract he signed and refused to play unless he was traded or a top team person was fired. I don’t get the comparison./
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Brady didn’t hold out on a contract he signed and refused to play unless he was traded or a top team person was fired. I don’t get the comparison./
        I'm saying that Brady has been outspoken and opinionated for a long time, and that other QBs aren't given the same grace.

Remember Deflate-Gate? Brady was defensive and unremorseful-- I can't think of another QB for whom it wouldn't have been a PR disaster. Colin Kaepernick, on the other hand, takes a knee in silence, and STILL hasn't been let back in.

I don't see Rodgers as having "made demands", either. "I won't accept a trade to Houston" isn't a demand-- he has a no-trade contract, correct? He'd have to APPROVE of any trade, right? He's just let it be known that he doesn't trust management to put together a championship winning team.

Brady is afforded a freedom of speech that others are not. Brady is treated like a Golden Boy, for whom the rules are pliable. Rodgers is told to shut up, and go polish his MVP trophy.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I'm saying that Brady has been outspoken and opinionated for a long time, and that other QBs aren't given the same grace.

Remember Deflate-Gate? Brady was defensive and unremorseful-- I can't think of another QB for whom it wouldn't have been a PR disaster. Colin Kaepernick, on the other hand, takes a knee in silence, and STILL hasn't been let back in.

I don't see Rodgers as having "made demands", either. "I won't accept a trade to Houston" isn't a demand-- he has a no-trade contract, correct? He'd have to APPROVE of any trade, right? He's just let it be known that he doesn't trust management to put together a championship winning team.

Brady is afforded a freedom of speech that others are not. Brady is treated like a Golden Boy, for whom the rules are pliable. Rodgers is told to shut up, and go polish his MVP trophy.
          Quack, it has been reported that AR has given the Packer brass a list of THREE teams he'll accept a trade to: the Niners, Donks and Raiders:

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Just a correction, Kapernick is not in the league because he sucks. The kneeling just made it much harder for teams to take a gamble on him. If he was great like AR then he would still be in the league, kneeling or no kneeling,.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Quack, it has been reported that AR has given the Packer brass a list of THREE teams he'll accept a trade to: the Niners, Donks and Raiders:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/i...-in-green-bay/
              He *does* have a 'No Trade' contract, right? So he's not being a demanding princess to announce that there are only certain teams he'd accept a trade to. IMO.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

He *does* have a 'No Trade' contract, right? So he's not being a demanding princess to announce that there are only certain teams he'd accept a trade to. IMO.
                Actually, AR doesn't have a no-trade clause (according to Silverstein, below). So, even though he gave the Packer brass that wish list of three trade teams, they can still deal him to any team they want. He'll have to either go, or retire and host Jeopardy.

ar.JPG

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, AR doesn't have a no-trade clause (according to Silverstein, below). So, even though he gave the Packer brass that wish list of three trade teams, they can still deal him to any team they want. He'll have to either go, or retire and host Jeopardy.

ar.JPG
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...rs/ar-BB1gge3F
                  Wow! Thanks for setting me straight! Unlike my mentor, Hacksaw, *EYE* can admit I was wrong! lol

"La Mesa! Come to my defense! Pacific Beach! I've never been wrong before, and I'm not wrong NOW! Prove otherwise! San Ysidro! Err! Ciera tus piernas! I'm Lee 'Quacksaw' Hamilton, and *EYE want to have *SEX* with *EWE! Oh, wait a second, I thought I was in a bar for a moment there. EYE've done *MY* job! I've put topics on the table! Now it's urine time! I mean, YOUR turn!

Light up those lines, Pomona! Tell me you have my back, Redondo Beach! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wait a minute! This just in off the High Speed Sports Wire! It's from the electric company! They say they're cutting off my electricity! This is outrageous! Eyyyyyyyyyye want to hear from EWE, Rancho Cucumon..."

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Wow! Thanks for setting me straight! Unlike my mentor, Hacksaw, *EYE* can admit I was wrong! lol

"La Mesa! Come to my defense! Pacific Beach! I've never been wrong before, and I'm not wrong NOW! Prove otherwise! San Ysidro! Err! Ciera tus piernas! I'm Lee 'Quacksaw' Hamilton, and *EYE want to have *SEX* with *EWE! Oh, wait a second, I thought I was in a bar for a moment there. EYE've done *MY* job! I've put topics on the table! Now it's urine time! I mean, YOUR turn!

Light up those lines, Pomona! Tell me you have my back, Redondo Beach! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wait a minute! This just in off the High Speed Sports Wire! It's from the electric company! They say they're cutting off my electricity! This is outrageous! Eyyyyyyyyyye want to hear from EWE, Rancho Cucumon..."
                    No prob, Quack! That's what we're all here for, to help each other out! Iron sharpens iron! And as we all root for the Bolts to finally turn this thing around, we shall be marching to victory! "Everybody into the pattern!!!"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Oh. They are the same because they are both outspoken? Uh, I thought AR demanded to be traded and refuses to play for GB. Thats a bit different being outspoken. Brady, in contrast, renegotiated his contracts twice, i think, to give back money so they could add talent around him, he never refused to play nor demanded be traded that i know of. Other than that - sure, they are the same.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Brady, although I do not like him, is the greatest Qb ever, has what 6-7 superbowl trophies, bunch of superbowl MVps, etc. He deserves special treatment whether we like him or not. Rodgers has not had the success Brady has. No one has. Like Brees, Rodgers 'only' has one superbowl and that is the ultimate measure for a lot of folks.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Oh. They are the same because they are both outspoken? Uh, I thought AR demanded to be traded and refuses to play for GB. Thats a bit different being outspoken. Brady, in contrast, renegotiated his contracts twice, i think, to give back money so they could add talent around him, he never refused to play nor demanded be traded that i know of. Other than that - sure, they are the same.
                          A huge part of Rodgers' issue is that the team isn't being made better. Management made the move to prepare for Rodgers' departure by drafting Jordan Love. So now... Rodgers isn't supposed to consider departing?!?

Brady and Belichick had some pretty intense feuds running over TB's last 6 or 7 years with the team. I think that's evidence that Tom's not a "Sure, coach, whatever you say!" kind of guy. They just managed to keep their shit in-house, and good for them.

Maybe we can agree on *this* Both TB and AR are a-holes. How they manifest it isn't identical, but... there it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X