• Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Fuck the Donks.

However, what is the value of the 3 #1s GB wants for Aaron Rogers?

With AR, DEN should be in the top 8 all three years, meaning bottom 8 choices in the first. If you chose to trade them all to move up in next year's draft, you might move to around #5 in the first. So maybe GB get a quality qb at #5. Maybe. A lot of luck is involved.

If I'm DEN, I don't want to give up 3 #1s, but its not that much to be a really good team for the next three years. DEN has a lot of talent. Without Rogers, DEN probably doesn't make the playoffs. With him, there's SB potential.

If I'm DEN, I bargain hard to get the price down, but ultimately I make the trade.
    That's exactly it. Trading him before the season can only hurt his trade value AND adds uncertainty. Waiting maximizes value. Draft won't come any sooner by trading him now.

Somone would have to offer more to get them to budge now. Like multiple #1s and several good to star players to help offset cap implications on both sides.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

There is no owner in GB to pay attention to fan reactions so Gutekunst doesn’t give two shits.
      Another reason the Pack’s management may just let him sit out/pay them back/not collect $35+ million and/or force him to retire don’t to.
      Gutekunst already drafted his QB of the future.

Universities also do not have owners....but it is my understanding they fire head coaches all the time

Gutekunst might not give a shit about fans, but politicians in Green Bay are acutely sensitive to fan pressure.
      The CEO of the Packers is a guy called Mark Murphy......he wants to keep his job. He meets with city officials all the time.
      If Rodgers is unceremoniously dumped, and qb of the future Jordan Love becomes a human turnover machine,
      then Murphy will quickly terminate Gutekunst (who can go back to scouting or early retirement).

If Jordan Love becomes a perennial pro bowler, then all will be forgiven.

You can scream to high heaven about what a rotten human being Aaron Rodgers is: the Green Bay Packer fan base won't buy it.
      Rodgers has elevated average teams for years.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Universities also do not have owners....but it is my understanding they fire head coaches all the time

Gutekunst might not give a shit about fans, but politicians in Green Bay are acutely sensitive to fan pressure.
        The CEO of the Packers is a guy called Mark Murphy......he wants to keep his job. He meets with city officials all the time.
        If Rodgers is unceremoniously dumped, and qb of the future Jordan Love becomes a human turnover machine,
        then Murphy will quickly terminate Gutekunst (who can go back to scouting or early retirement).

You can scream to high heaven about what a rotten human being Aaron Rodgers is: the Green Bay Packer fan base won't buy it.
        Murphy is in no danger of losing his job regardless of AR.

Looks like we disagree about most every aspect of the GB situation.
        I’ll make a sig bet that my view is the correct one, if you’re up for it?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I'll guess that the Packer brass is so fed up with AR, they'll let him sit out, collect fines for half or more of the season, then trade him to some loser team not in their division or even conference...

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

My brother-in-law is a hardcore GB fan and he’s as pissed at AR as he is anyone in the franchise. LaFleur was already on his shitlist for deciding to go for a FG and give the ball back to Brady in the NFCCG. As soon as this situation came out he said Rodgers is done with the Packers. If a man has no problem cutting off his actual family why would he care about his relationship with his employer?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I'll guess that the Packer brass is so fed up with AR, they'll let him sit out, collect fines for half or more of the season, then trade him to some loser team not in their division or even conference...
              Texans might be interested
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                With this mindset no wonder Rodgers wants out! If they had half a brain to begin with I'd take as many draft picks as I could. Rodgers is not going to play to 43 like Tom Brady.

:whistlin:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

Its hard to judge without really knowing what the hell is bugging Aaron so much. Is it losing his OL and WRs and Love being a high pick? I really dont know but he is paid damn well so frankly im in the camp of shut up and prove your worth. No place is perfect. Denver is lacking on offense much more than GB in my opinion. Texans demod their roster of stars. Get back to work Aaron. Grass isnt always greener than Green Bay.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Texans might be interested
                    They don’t have any draft capital or players to offer.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      Its hard to judge without really knowing what the hell is bugging Aaron so much. Is it losing his OL and WRs and Love being a high pick? I really dont know but he is paid damn well so frankly im in the camp of shut up and prove your worth. No place is perfect. Denver is lacking on offense much more than GB in my opinion. Texans demod their roster of stars. Get back to work Aaron. Grass isnt always greener than Green Bay.
                      Seems like Tom Brady is the only 'sacred cow' who's allowed to part ways with 'company line'.

I think I *get* where Rodgers is coming from: He's not going to last forever, and the team spent a #1 on his replacement, rather than reinforcing the current group (Justin Jefferson, anyone?) and getting them over the hump to a championship NOW.

As it was, the Packers made it to the NFC championship game against eventual SB winner Tampa Bay. Drafting someone OTHER than Jordan Love might have helped the Pack beat the Bucs. Instead, Jordan Love was a game day inactive.

Do I understand why Rodgers is frustrated and feeling a lack of loyalty?!? YOU BET!

Do I consider him to be out of place, with his comments? No, I don't. The team gave him The Lone Digit, and now people are expecting him to be a 'team guy'? I don't see it!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Murphy is in no danger of losing his job regardless of AR.

Looks like we disagree about most every aspect of the GB situation.
                        I’ll make a sig bet that my view is the correct one, if you’re up for it?
                        I'm not exactly certain what your view is.
                        The that they should get rid of AR & go with Jordan Love part is clear.
                        What comes next?
                        Love can be a disaster;
                        Green Bay can miss out on the playoffs the next 3 years:
                        Gutekunst can tell the fans to take a chill pill (or just go fuck themselves);
                        And the Packers will sign him to a new 5 year contract as a reward?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Seems like Tom Brady is the only 'sacred cow' who's allowed to part ways with 'company line'.

I think I *get* where Rodgers is coming from: He's not going to last forever, and the team spent a #1 on his replacement, rather than reinforcing the current group (Justin Jefferson, anyone?) and getting them over the hump to a championship NOW.

As it was, the Packers made it to the NFC championship game against eventual SB winner Tampa Bay. Drafting someone OTHER than Jordan Love might have helped the Pack beat the Bucs. Instead, Jordan Love was a game day inactive.

Do I understand why Rodgers is frustrated and feeling a lack of loyalty?!? YOU BET!

Do I consider him to be out of place, with his comments? No, I don't. The team gave him The Lone Digit, and now people are expecting him to be a 'team guy'? I don't see it!
                          I have no idea what happened and to a certain extent i don't really care.

I heard that Rodgers was irked because Brady goes to Tampa and has immediate influence on who Tampa brings in on offense.
                          Green Bay spends very little draft capital on offense over the years: wasn't it two offensive players in the first round the last decade, & one of those is his replacement (& the other is in L.A.)?
                          Maybe they consistently tell Rodgers to in effect just shut up and play.
                          On the other hand, he seemed to have issues with every coaching staff.

I just don't want him on Denver.

Comment

Working...
                          X