• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Signing Linval would almost be like the Mebane signing: a pro bowler on the start of his downward trajectory.
    DJ Reader looks more interesting.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

D.J Reader NT 6' 3'' 347 pounds.
      When did the Chargers get a DL so heavy ?
      Jamal W. ?
      Last edited by Maniaque 6; 03-13-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        D.J Reader NT 6' 3'' 347 pounds.
        When did the Chargers get a DL so heavy ?
        Jamal W. ?
        He has really good lateral mobility and has value on passing downs as well.
        Unfortunately he is going to probably be in the $15+ million yearly range.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He would be an awesome addition - we do not have this guy. I don’t know why the universe scoffs at “2 down run stuffer” - which is his primary awesome value though he doesn’t completely disappear on pass plays. 2 down run stuffers are fucking awesome! We are WEAK at run stuffing on 2 downs, below average. It constantly puts the defense in weaker position for 3rd down. Reader would anchor the entire defense, let Tillery blossom into a disrupter, make doubles on Joey and Mel impossible, and ILBs would look instantly better.

And we could use that coveted #6 on a special talent like Simmons without regret that we once again ignored the heart of the trench.

I call on ye good bothers ... recall the chants of fabled times ... “you can’t run ... you can’t run” ... imagine reliving that glorious echo again ... dare to dream that dream! Shout it with me - 2 Down Run Stuffers are Fucking Awesome!
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Pay the man!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He would be an awesome addition - we do not have this guy. I don’t know why the universe scoffs at “2 down run stuffer” - which is his primary awesome value though he doesn’t completely disappear on pass plays. 2 down run stuffers are fucking awesome! We are WEAK at run stuffing on 2 downs, below average. It constantly puts the defense in weaker position for 3rd down. Reader would anchor the entire defense, let Tillery blossom into a disrupter, make doubles on Joey and Mel impossible, and ILBs would look instantly better.

And we could use that coveted #6 on a special talent like Simmons without regret that we once again ignored the heart of the trench.

I call on ye good bothers ... recall the chants of fabled times ... “you can’t run ... you can’t run” ... imagine reliving that glorious echo again ... dare to dream that dream! Shout it with me - 2 Down Run Stuffers are Fucking Awesome!
              The question is what $ value to you assign to the position. If he plays 35%-40% of defensive snaps, what is that worth in $?
              Again I point to guys like M. Pierce, A. Robinson, A. Billings, D. Onyemata. Players that are outstanding run defenders that have upside as inside pass rushers. These players are looking at contract $ figures at half or less of the $ investment.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                TB12 to IND ? Gisele will just love the bright lights.
                TB12 to TEN ? They already cannot decide between Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill.
                TB12 to TB ? Sea turtle watching would get old within one week.

Admit it.
                You cannot look away from the horror show.

The perfect fit is...
                TB12 to LAC @ SoFi.

/thread.
                I'm your huckleberry. Can you imagine this forum over-run with Tom Brady fans?

Every play WILL NOT be Tom's fault.
                The offensive line WILL NOT be good enough.
                The uniforms don't properly highlight Tom's hair.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Signing Linval would almost be like the Mebane signing: a pro bowler on the start of his downward trajectory.
                  Linval is a signing you do in the second wave of free agency when prices have dropped, he is looking for a job and you strike out on a younger better player. I would not make Linval Joseph my signing like TD was last year - that early in Free Agency.

Reader, Hargrove, Pierece - they are going to cost some money. But its the biggest need on the defense to me - shoring up the interior of the DL.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

The question is what $ value to you assign to the position. If he plays 35%-40% of defensive snaps, what is that worth in $?
                    Again I point to guys like M. Pierce, A. Robinson, A. Billings, D. Onyemata. Players that are outstanding run defenders that have upside as inside pass rushers. These players are looking at contract $ figures at half or less of the $ investment.
                    Good point - same as on the OL - this is where Telesco needs to meet with Lynn, Gus and Giff to figure out the right player for the defense. Maybe its not Reader or Hargrove - better than Mebane though. Its going to cost money but maybe they find a good solid DT for 10m per year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Linval is a signing you do in the second wave of free agency when prices have dropped, he is looking for a job and you strike out on a younger better player. I would not make Linval Joseph my signing like TD was last year - that early in Free Agency.

Reader, Hargrove, Pierece - they are going to cost some money. But its the biggest need on the defense to me - shoring up the interior of the DL.
                      that's 3 really solid guys - 3 guys driving the other's price down. Go after the loser.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        TB12 to IND ? Gisele will just love the bright lights.
                        TB12 to TEN ? They already cannot decide between Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill.
                        TB12 to TB ? Sea turtle watching would get old within one week.

Admit it.
                        You cannot look away from the horror show.

The perfect fit is...
                        TB12 to LAC @ SoFi.

/thread.
                        In the short term I tend to agree. But I feel it'll screw them in the long run. But ol Deano needs butts in the seats.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm your huckleberry. Can you imagine this forum over-run with Tom Brady fans?

Every play WILL NOT be Tom's fault.
                          The offensive line WILL NOT be good enough.
                          The uniforms don't properly highlight Tom's hair.
                          The horror......the horror.

Tom Brady in Western Kni... is listed (or ranked) 1 on the list The Hottest Tom Brady Photos

Comment

Working...
                          X