• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Yelling "DO YOUR JOB!" at someone over and over surprisingly doesn't actually help them do their job.
    True dat. At least give the dude some specific feedback on WHAT he needs to be doing to "do his job"...and not a mindless tirade...

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Post Script - Okudah blew out his achilles in that game and is gone for the season.
      Okudah was drafted ahead of Tua and Justin Herbert right after Chase Young.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Was viewed as a can’t miss pick after great college career. I don’t fault Lions for drafting him. Achilles is a bad one for CB. Might never be the same. Sorry for him
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

True dat. At least give the dude some specific feedback on WHAT he needs to be doing to "do his job"...and not a mindless tirade...
          That's what I love about Coach Staley. His feedback is always specific and helpful.

But the Lions have some coaches who will bite kneecaps and yell. Good for them.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Lions DB room this week, forgive the technical jargon:

Coaches: "All right men, we looked at the film and definitely a lot to clean up. Here is the game plan for this week:

1. Do your Job!
            2. Do your Job!
            3. Cover like a Ford F 150!
            4. Bite some kneecaps!
            5. Bite some more kneecaps!
            6. Don't let the opponent team catch the ball. If they do, tackle them!"

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

That's what I love about Coach Staley. His feedback is always specific and helpful.

Yep...like Loyal Lynn who plays favorites and stashes his non-favorites in the doghouse...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Was viewed as a can’t miss pick after great college career. I don’t fault Lions for drafting him. Achilles is a bad one for CB. Might never be the same. Sorry for him
                That joyous celebration after Sewell 'fell' to them was a long time ago.
                Lions now are officially a dumpster fire.

They'll get another top draft pick....don't celebrate too hard this time.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

The injury bug is following Anthony Lynn all the way to Detroit.
                  Biting off kneecaps might just have animated Okudah to do too much, and he blew out his knee.

Thank God the Chargers don't seem to have those type of morons on their staff.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Watched highlights of the Broncos' impressive road win against the Giants yesterday. Teddy Bridgewater looks pretty good. He made a number of plays after the play had broken down, using his scrambling ability to stay alive and connecting with Bronco receivers downfield. Melvin Gordon had a 70 yard for a TD. I don't think he ever did that for the Bolts. KJ Hamler broke free deep down the middle on one play and Bridgewater hit him in stride with a beautiful pass, which Hamler dropped at the goal line.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

'Do your job' is a cliche...doesn't necessarily tell the player what he is doing wrong.
                      He might not clearly no what his job is....such is the general confusion on the field due to the opposition giving them weird looks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Watched highlights of the Broncos' impressive road win against the Giants yesterday. Teddy Bridgewater looks pretty good. He made a number of plays after the play had broken down, using his scrambling ability to stay alive and connecting with Bronco receivers downfield. Melvin Gordon had a 70 yard for a TD. I don't think he ever did that for the Bolts. KJ Hamler broke free deep down the middle on one play and Bridgewater hit him in stride with a beautiful pass, which Hamler dropped at the goal line.
                        Melvin Gordon had one 70+ run td for the Chargers - against the Patriots in Foxborough.
                        It came off of the only good block by Dan Feeney in his professional career

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I think Jeudy got hurt in that game. High ankle?

Comment

Working...
                          X