• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Henry Ruggs. The person. - As someone who got into therapy for PTSD, sounds like Henry was struggling with PTSD - related to survivor guilt, prior to the crash - and was coping by abusing alcohol and extremely risky behavior. Those are painful behaviors to recognize in others.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com...vette-stingray

New corvette stingray sold, customized, and delivered for the first ever draft pick Las Vegas Raiders, Henry Ruggs III

C8 Corvettes specs

Front-impact airbags

Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.

Pretensioners

Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Wish people would consider honoring their dead with actual responsible behaviors, like deciding to never drive under the influence or never speeding past X MPH
        instead these stories always involves a sexy tattoo and some sort of gesture after a TD.
        Frustrating
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Bad news for the Titans. Losing Derrick Henry is a real blow to their team.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            Bad news for the Titans. Losing Derrick Henry is a real blow to their team.
            They revolve around Henry. I wonder how the Titans will look moving forward.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Per a prosecutor:

Ruggs was driving 156 mph 2 seconds before the crash
              His Corvette's airbags deployed at 127 mph
              His Blood Alcohol Content was more than twice the legal limit
              A loaded gun was found in his car
              A dog in the Rav4 also died

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-legal-limit/
              I’m changing my view of what liability Ruggs will face.
              The excessive speed, B.A.L. (double limit), and that the victim may have(?) died in the vehicle fire.
              He should d0 at least a few years and all his personal wealth should be liquidated to compensate the victim’s family.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The excessive speed, B.A.L. (double limit), and that the victim may have(?) died in the vehicle fire.
                He should d0 at least a few years and all his personal wealth should be liquidated to compensate the victim’s family.
                Well.......yeah.......

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Don't know the laws in Nevada but most states it starts out at 5 years for manslaughter and due to circumstances it can go up from there! I would not be surprised to see him get a 10 year sentence for some kind of negligence thrown in there.

:2cents:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Don't know the laws in Nevada but most states it starts out at 5 years for manslaughter and due to circumstances it can go up from there! I would not be surprised to see him get a 10 year sentence for some kind of negligence thrown in there.

From his link . Right now he is facing 2 to 46 years which dont include the loaded weapon charge he likely will get tacked on. So far he is charged with 1 count DUI causing death, which is 2 to 20 years, 1 count DUI causing bodily harm to his girlfriend( 2 to 20 years) and 1 count reckless driving that is 1 to 6 years.

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- The Nevada Supreme Court ruled fatal DUI drivers will no longer face second degree murder charges.

The most severe charge that can be brought against deadly DUI drivers is felony DUI causing death, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Those facing second-degree murder charges would serve at least 10 years before being eligible for parole.

“We can still charge felony DUI death which is two to 20 years in prison, and the person, if convicted, will go to prison but not for as long as if they were convicted of second degree murder,” said Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

From his link . Right now he is facing 2 to 46 years which dont include the loaded weapon charge he likely will get tacked on. So far he is charged with 1 count DUI causing death, which is 2 to 20 years, 1 count DUI causing bodily harm to his girlfriend( 2 to 20 years) and 1 count reckless driving that is 1 to 6 years.

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- The Nevada Supreme Court ruled fatal DUI drivers will no longer face second degree murder charges.

The most severe charge that can be brought against deadly DUI drivers is felony DUI causing death, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Those facing second-degree murder charges would serve at least 10 years before being eligible for parole.

“We can still charge felony DUI death which is two to 20 years in prison, and the person, if convicted, will go to prison but not for as long as if they were convicted of second degree murder,” said Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson.
                      I think if the judge only gives him two years I would fear retaliation from that girls family. For that kind of shit he needs to spend at least 5 years in jail minimum!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Aaaron Rodgers to miss Chiefs game positive for Covid...and not vaccinated....now that is a strange one.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

My father was a flaming alcoholic. I grew up in the 1960s. My dad a rough time of it in WWII; I posted about him recently. When I was a small boy, probably 1963-64, my father was convalescing at home after a pretty bad car accident. He had been in the hospital for some time. I remember he was in bed for days, maybe weeks, with bandages on his body. My mother told me he had been driving drunk, and he was facing manslaughter charges because the other driver was killed. But, the other driver was dead drunk also, and he was the one who crossed over the center divide and crashed into my father head-on. So he never was charged with manslaughter, even though he was driving drunk. My father knew the DA, they were pals at the Lions Club. That may or may not have had something to do with his not being charged. My memory says he got into three DUI accidents when I was a boy, all of this would have happened in the early 1960s. I don't know if I remember that correctly. I do know that he had a number of DUI's on his driving record. DUI was not treated as harshly back then. It wasn't until MADD started in the 1980s that DUI became a serious crime.

Comment

Working...
                          X