Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Pittsburgh is a winning organization.
    I can't remember a time over the past 50 years where they've been bad for a long period( okay, maybe I don't remember everything these days!).
    They draft well and move on from/ bring in FA's when the time suits them.
    Starts from the top.
    And yes Tomlin is a good coach.
    Go back to the 80's they had a decade of futility that was turned around by Cower.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Not sure I'd call 3 losing seasons in 10 a decade of futility but certainly not Steeler like, I agree.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Not sure I'd call 3 losing seasons in 10 a decade of futility but certainly not Steeler like, I agree.
        Coming from the Steel Curtin teams that won 4 SB's it was a big down turn.
        1991 7-9-0 2nd -- AFC Central --
        1990 9-7-0 3rd -- AFC Central --
        1989 9-7-0 T2nd -- AFC Central 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
        1988 5-11-0 4th -- AFC Central --
        1987 8-7-0 3rd -- AFC Central --
        1986 6-10-0 3rd -- AFC Central --
        1985 7-9-0 T2nd -- AFC Central --
        1984 9-7-0 1st -- AFC Central 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship
        1983 10-6-0 1st -- AFC Central 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
        1982 6-3-0 T4th -- AFC 0-1 - Lost Round 1
        1981 8-8-0 2nd -- AFC Central
        While not terrible this is very un Stiller like. For the Stillers I would include any 8-8 season as bad, or the 8-7 strike shortened season in 1987. The 83' strike shortened season of 6-3 was not bad.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Agreed...very un Steeler like.
          As a Charger fan, I'd take those results.
          Without harping, we just don't have the caliber of leadership Pittsburgh does.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Outch ! If the season ended yesterday, the Chargers would meet the Steelers in 1st round of PO.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

I hear chiefs are trying to sign odell beckam.... that would make them much harder to defend..... mahomes has a much better deep arm than any QB odell has had before.....

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

Here my take on OBJ, he’s better than Guyton. Use the rest of the year to see how it works. With Williams probably for to look for more money than the Chargers will offer him, we can open our options at that point. Don’t tell me getting him will hamper Palmer. Palmer is a rookie that is having a hard time supplanting Guyton.

Look, he isn’t talking to us, so it doesn’t matter. But don’t say he would help this team or would be a cancer.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Some team will sign Beckham and then when he moves on in FA next season with a fat contract they will get a third round pick for that. If Chargers were interested it should be for that reason

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Odell Beckham Jr. and the 5 biggest wide receiver divas in NFL history

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                      Here my take on OBJ, he’s better than Guyton. Use the rest of the year to see how it works. With Williams probably for to look for more money than the Chargers will offer him, we can open our options at that point. Don’t tell me getting him will hamper Palmer. Palmer is a rookie that is having a hard time supplanting Guyton.

Look, he isn’t talking to us, so it doesn’t matter. But don’t say he would help this team or would be a cancer.
                      No Frickin way. Imagine the bitching and whining he will do when Allen continues to eat first. Why would we not say he's a cancer in the locker room,? he has been with both teams he has been a part of, and run out of town as a result.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

No Frickin way. Imagine the bitching and whining he will do when Allen continues to eat first. Why would we not say he's a cancer in the locker room,? he has been with both teams he has been a part of, and run out of town as a result.
                        Yep...if OBJ thinks he's not getting his minimum # of targets, he pouts and unleashes a tweetstorm...he himself admitted he can be a cancer:

"Yes, I'm a cancer on teams that are okay wit losing"...

PASS

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

My thing its just more the attitude the Chargers would not take a chance on OBJ but the Chiefs and Saints are calling about him.

Granted, I am okay with the Chargers not signing the guy but last week the Saints traded for Mark Ingram, now talking to OBJ; the Chiefs traded for an Ingram as well (coincidentally) and now talking to OBJ.

Its like we are conditioned as Chargers fans "nope, he is a cancer, he will be a problem, lets not sign him"

Comment

Working...
                          X