• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

My ideal... Tyrod and the Texans expose and embarrass the Chiefs in the divisional round before falling to Justin Herbert and the eventual Super Bowl winning Chargers in the AFC Championship game.
    You got the wrong Texans QB that is good at exposing :rimshot:

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
      San Diego Native
      • Feb 2019
      • Farmington, NM
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Why?

As I posted in the other thread when this was brought up.
      He is a 31 yo RB with moderate career production in his multi-team career. He ran behind the NO OL so he should have stellar stats.
      What advantages does he offer?
      — elite ST ace? No, he doesn’t play ST.
      — team leader? No.
      — game breaker in either phase? No.
      Outside of Ekeler, our RB room has been injury prone and only marginally productive. Murray's stats from last year, albeit with a better OL, suggest he might be an upgrade. Maybe even a significant upgrade, especially in short yardage. OC Lombardi has coached him so is in the best position to know for sure. We signed 34 year old Jared Cook which suggests the team isn't worried about age and values experience in the offense. If Murray isn't an upgrade or otherwise an asset then so be it, don't sign him. But, if he brings something we need, go get him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Outside of Ekeler, our RB room has been injury prone and only marginally productive. Murray's stats from last year, albeit with a better OL, suggest he might be an upgrade. Maybe even a significant upgrade, especially in short yardage. OC Lombardi has coached him so is in the best position to know for sure. We signed 34 year old Jared Cook which suggests the team isn't worried about age and values experience in the offense. If Murray isn't an upgrade or otherwise an asset then so be it, don't sign him. But, if he brings something we need, go get him.
        TE don’t age like RB.
        He offers nothing other than being a RB. No ST, no leadership, no impact as RB4, and old legs.

What injuries have our RB suffered besides JJacks and Ekeler himself?
        We have 5 RB on the current roster. Do we need a 6th?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

TE don’t age like RB.
          He offers nothing other than being a RB. No ST, no leadership, no impact as RB4, and old legs.

I guess the only persons who can answer this question is Drew Brees and Lombardi.

:Cheers1:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
            San Diego Native
            • Feb 2019
            • Farmington, NM
            • Send PM

TE don’t age like RB.

What do we know about Murray's team leadership and are you counting Nabers as the 5th RB? Also, it's been a few years since I've seen him play but Murray previously impressed on short yardage plays (a notorious Chargers weakness). Regardless, Coach Lombardi has coached all of the options so knows their strengths and weaknesses. If he'd like to make a change, I'm sure he'll let TT know. As I see it, JJacks flashed several years ago but not since and Kelley has yet to impress (unless he does so without my knowledge on STs) so both are expendable. A guy like Murray that knows the offense and is proficient in the blocking schemes (gotta protect Justin) might be worth a contract.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

What do we know about Murray's team leadership and are you counting Nabers as the 5th RB? Also, it's been a few years since I've seen him play but Murray previously impressed on short yardage plays (a notorious Chargers weakness). Regardless, Coach Lombardi has coached all of the options so knows their strengths and weaknesses. If he'd like to make a change, I'm sure he'll let TT know. As I see it, JJacks flashed several years ago but not since and Kelley has yet to impress (unless he does so without my knowledge on STs) so both are expendable. A guy like Murray that knows the offense and is proficient in the blocking schemes (gotta protect Justin) might be worth a contract.
              He’s never been a team captain or a member of a team leadership council.
              No not Nabors but F150. Nabors is a blocker, ST, and occasional receiving option. He is not a RB.
              As you said, if we want him, we’ll have opportunity to sign him. I don’t.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I am looking for snaps for Rountree. There is energy and explosion there.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Murray wouldn’t accept a salary cut so he got cut.

Chargers must feel set in RB room.

Unlikely Justin Jackson is ever healthy, for any extended reps.

Josh Kelly doesn’t fit Lombardi system, only here for special duties.

Rountree has promise, but he is a rookie, all I expect from him is returning kicks.

If Murray gets his head screwed on right, Telesco could kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am looking for snaps for Rountree. There is energy and explosion there.
                    Rountree is ascending. Murray may still have some gas left in the tank though. Gained over 600 yds. last year, 4.5 avg. Can catch also. Kelley averaged 3.2 yds. Apparently, the Bolts also like Kelley's blocking, so I'm guessing nothing happens with Murray. Also, remember we have Bradwell on the PS in case someone gets injured.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Rountree is ascending. Murray may still have some gas left in the tank though. Gained over 600 yds. last year, 4.5 avg. Can catch also. Kelley averaged 3.2 yds. Apparently, the Bolts also like Kelley's blocking, so I'm guessing nothing happens with Murray. Also, remember we have Bradwell on the PS in case someone gets injured.
                      The real test is to see Murray run behind our (worst) OL last year. He’d be lucky to get half of his 4.5 avg.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        Murray wouldn’t accept a salary cut so he got cut.

Chargers must feel set in RB room.

Unlikely Justin Jackson is ever healthy, for any extended reps.

Josh Kelly doesn’t fit Lombardi system, only here for special duties.

Rountree has promise, but he is a rookie, all I expect from him is returning kicks.

If Murray gets his head screwed on right, Telesco could kill two birds with one stone.
                        Murray's average salary is $3.6 mil. And he will probably want a bonus to sign with the Bolts of maybe a mil or close to it. That might be a bit steep for the Chargers, who need to keep some $$$ in reserve in case of injury and if they sign a FA in the future in a PON. Compared to Murray's deal, Kelley's is chump change in comparison (below):

murray.JPG

kelley.JPG
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

The real test is to see Murray run behind our (worst) OL last year. He’d be lucky to get half of his 4.5 avg.
                          And how are we going to do that? Bring back Lamp, Feeney and Tevi for a tryout?

Comment

Working...
                          X