• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Rams almost "Chargered" too. Critical fumbles got the Bucs off the hook, and the GOAT almost repeated what he did vs. ATL in the Super Bowl.

The Agony and the Ecstasy.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      You're a Packers fan.

After a season swirling with unrest around Aaron Rodgers' future with the team, the Pack manages to earn the NFC's lone first round playoff bye, and secure homefield advantage for any playoff game they'll have prior to the Super Bowl itself.

Your team is playing the hot-and-cold 49ers. You contain them, defensively, for three-and-a-half quarters while the 49ers defense does a solid job of limiting Rodgers and the Pack offense. Still, five-plus minutes left in the game, you have a 14 point lead. All is looking good.

Then you allow a punt to be blocked and returned for a score, halving your lead. And then, suddenly... you can't stop Garropolo!

And you lose!

Sucks to be Packers fan!

This is what the NFL world, over a span of four decades, has come to call "Chargering". It has become a theme in the NFL during these playoffs-- teams are losing games in unusual, inexplicable, excruciating ways.

Thankfully for Bolt fans, the Universe is dispersing losses like these to teams OTHER THAN the Chargers.

And how sweet that is!
      Did you watch the game? The blocked punt tied it at 10-10. The 9ers won 13-10. There was never a 14 point packer lead. But i get your point. ST's chargered for the Pack. That and Aaron.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Rams almost "Chargered" too. Critical fumbles got the Bucs off the hook, and the GOAT almost repeated what he did vs. ATL in the Super Bowl.

The Agony and the Ecstasy.
        Rams gave it a real Charger effort but as I said to a friend of mine who's a Ram fan, "the Chargers have taken years to perfect Chargering. You guys gave it a good effort but can'texpect to reach our level on the very first try."

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I watched the game. Derrick Henry was not ready to play or in shape rather. One play, he was trying to turn the corner to beat the CB - he couldn't do it

Not sure why they didn't use Freeman more - he was faster on Saturday

Tannehill was not good. Defense was fine\
          Foreman, and I agree. Foreman is another to look at if he is a FA and I think he is.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Did you watch the game? The blocked punt tied it at 10-10. The 9ers won 13-10. There was never a 14 point packer lead. But i get your point. ST's chargered for the Pack. That and Aaron.
            Jebus, I'm clearly mixing up the detail of one game with another. But yes, the 'Chargering' took place.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I watched the game. Derrick Henry was not ready to play or in shape rather. One play, he was trying to turn the corner to beat the CB - he couldn't do it

Not sure why they didn't use Freeman more - he was faster on Saturday

Tannehill was not good. Defense was fine\
              This., Henry was JAG, clearly not back to his game form. Tannehill was not good but he never really has been.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Lol, well he is ghost of quacksaw after all
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Rams gave it a real Charger effort but as I said to a friend of mine who's a Ram fan, "the Chargers have taken years to perfect Chargering. You guys gave it a good effort but can'texpect to reach our level on the very first try."
                  Agree.

Rams had an ignominious, soul crushing loss in their grasp, at the hands of GOAT no less, and blew it.

Amateurs.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agree.

Rams had an ignominious, soul crushing loss in their grasp, at the hands of GOAT no less, and blew it.

Amateurs.
                    See, Matt Stafford already paid off for the rams. He came up big at the end to help the rams win it. I think the Rams are a more balanced team than the 9ers.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, well he is ghost of quacksaw after all
                      "Everybody into the pattern! Caught by the receiver! No, the official is waving it off!"

I won't even get into what Quacksaw said about Butts and Cox.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

See, Matt Stafford already paid off for the rams. He came up big at the end to help the rams win it. I think the Rams are a more balanced team than the 9ers.
                        I agree about Stafford, Goff would have wilted under those circumstances. Rams are the more balanced team, but I wouldn't bet against the Niners in this game. They just have a tendency to play lights out against the Rams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Not too many QBs make that throw with 93 coming right at you. For sure Goff couldn't make that throw.

I give the Rams credit - they put the chips on the table and going for a ring. They have been pretty strong these last 4 years, including this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X