• Send PM

“We’re in the business of providing hope” - Jason Kelce

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      The Rams just put three more players on the COVID list, for a total of 16 between their regular roster and the practice squad. Los Angeles in particular is getting hit hard with the wave of COVID, and although it sucks to have Slater on the list, it could actually be worse.
      That’s a big number. Someone’s going to have to forfeit a game pretty soon

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Something seems wrong in that chart of WR contracts. Mike Williams is making what $15-17M this season? On a total contract that is listed in the chart as $19M or so? Is it old data or something, maybe prior to the 5th year options, etc? Other wise we got the first 4 years for $2M!!!

TG
        No he is making 15.7 on a 5th yer option so dont know whats up with the chart

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Something seems wrong in that chart of WR contracts. Mike Williams is making what $15-17M this season? On a total contract that is listed in the chart as $19M or so? Is it old data or something, maybe prior to the 5th year options, etc? Other wise we got the first 4 years for $2M!!!

TG
          Remember that Mike Will got a signing bonus of $12.5 mil. His salary and roster bonus last year combined was around $3.2 mil. Yes, appears to be a good deal for the Bolts the first 4 years, but all those salaries are locked in per CBA. This year, the option year, he got a nice raise, now making $15.6 mil.

mike will deal.JPG
          Mike Williams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Josh Lambo claims Urban Meyer kicked him at practice.

At a time when Jaguars coach Urban Meyer has an issue with current members of the team leaking unflattering things about him, Meyer now has to deal with a former member of the team who is on the record with a specific and troubling complaint regarding Meyer.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

OMG
              you know how I KNOW I'm a bad person?
              Because of the sheer joy this story brings me

meyer just did what every charger fan wanted to during his time here.

#keepmeyerinjax
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Josh Lambo claims Urban Meyer kicked him at practice.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-kicked-him/
                From what we have learned about Meyer, I don't doubt Lambo's story. Long time ago I spent a summer working on a fish processing ship in the Aleutians. My supervisor thought the way to motivate his crew to work was to insult and threaten every chance he got. I took just so much of the abuse before I sought him out privately and told him in so many words that if he kept it up with me, I would make it my mission to seek him out after we both off the ship and put him in the hospital. I was, younger, bigger and stronger than he was, and he believed it. He left me alone after that.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I bet Bosa never got kicked
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    OMG
                    you know how I KNOW I'm a bad person?
                    Because of the sheer joy this story brings me

meyer just did what every charger fan wanted to during his time here.

#keepmeyerinjax
                    Well I disagree and I think Meyer is a POS now.

He can't handle the NFL and I didn't want no part of him then. I said he would last 1 season and I'm standing by it. These aren't college kids, they're getting paid. You can't do that shit.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-15-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well I disagree and I think Meter is a POS now.

He can't handle the NFL and I didn't want no part if him then. I said he would last 1 season and I'm standing by it. These aren't college kids, they're getting paid. You can't do that shit.
                      I agree with this 100 percent. But he may not even last 1 season.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Conversely, I am stating my opinion as to what the franchise will do. I view this in much the same way I did the Vincent Jackson situation, the organization made a difficult business decision and moved on.
                        In the Melvin Ingram situation, the organization fully guaranteed his salary before saying 'so long'.

I expect the organization to offer the Franchise Tag. And draft another receiver in 2022.

Point is, the Chargers are good cap stewards every year and that carries over, the Chargers will be in a position to be flexible to do whatever they please with the new cap.
                        Melvin got the 2nd big contract which while not top of market, reflected a top pass rusher on a team. He didn’t deliver on that contract. Chargers paid it out in full. As for cap, I read every year they are good stewards yet every year they seem to have fairly meager surplus to invest in any big signings. For good or bad, they aren’t sitting on huge cap surpluses ever year. They always have 20 mil or more sunk in underperforming players. I read that next year really will have some extra apples in the basket.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well I disagree and I think Meyer is a POS now.

He can't handle the NFL and I didn't want no part of him then. I said he would last 1 season and I'm standing by it. These aren't college kids, they're getting paid. You can't do that shit.
                          I’m with you. I was 90% sure he’d not meet the challenge of the NFL for exactly as you note - he can’t lord over grown men making millions with guaranteed contracts like he did over ex-high school kids. I expected he’d be Saban 2.0, he’s not even living up to that flame out pace. He can only make it 2 yrs with Khans enormous patience and forgiveness, I’m doubting it. He sure got paid again though
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X