• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Bye bye Stephen Anderson. Signed with the Cards on a one year deal.
    Too bad. Played TE and FB and was underutilized and obviously under appreciated

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Too bad. Played TE and FB and was underutilized and obviously under appreciated
      IMO, he was all round solid player and he was one of our best special teamers, always around the ball

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
        IMO, he was all round solid player and he was one of our best special teamers, always around the ball

I really thought they'd re-sign Anderson and that he might replace Nabers on the roster because Anderson played a lot of H-back last season. But Popper discounted that idea recently, and looks like he was right.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who knows what they want to do. Maybe they have 2 players they liked. Maybe they will use both those firsts to move up.
          Not sure it impacts us much at this point.
          Agree.

Any trade up in March that expects the draft order to remain the same until draft day is crazy.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

It's not a bad thing to build a team around two talented young players at QB and LT. :2cents:

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I would love to see a run on QBs because it would push talent down to us, been hearing all this nonsense about how bad this class is but I see a lot of potential and we’ll see come the 28th if they really thought these guys are trash, I’m not buying it…
              QBs are always over drafted. Jamarcus Russell went #1. I had him a 2nd rounder. Daniel Jones of the crap 2019 QB class went #6. There will be a some sort of run on them.

3 QBs went top 15 that year. Where they are drafted won't mean much for success. Some will be over drafted, as always. So sure, we'll see how they turn out. Just glad we have ours.

I heard people say the 2019 class wasn't so bad as well during this time before the drsdt.
              It's shaping up just like I predicted. One good QB and a lot of backups.
              I was hoping the Broncos drafted Daniel Jones as their forum thought he would be great.

Even better, they drafted Lock in round 2.

Hec looking back, maybe 2019 was a worse class than this one but I don't see any Lucks, Herberts, Rothlisbergers, or Rivers in this one.
              I'll gladly let those QB needy teams push other players to us or take a pick away from a team wanting to trade up with us for one of these guys.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I really thought they'd re-sign Anderson and that he might replace Nabers on the roster because Anderson played a lot of H-back last season. But Popper discounted that idea recently, and looks like he was right.
                IMO Nabers can fill the role that anderson had and then some, he has the tools to be that hybrid H-back/TE and is supposedley close to justin herbert. I don’t understand why people want him off the team he’s basically anderson but 5-6 years younger and with more upside, I like Nabers
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  It's not a bad thing to build a team around two talented young players at QB and LT. :2cents:
                  they have a pretty good team in NO, it’s possible they’re making a push with winston by giving him some weapons now. NO is one of the best most complete teams in the NFC they are not rebuilding, retooling perhaps but I think they will be fighting TB for that division for sure.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

QBs are always over drafted. Jamarcus Russell went #1. I had him a 2nd rounder. Daniel Jones of the crap 2019 QB class went #6. There will be a some sort of run on them.

3 QBs went top 15 that year. Where they are drafted won't mean much for success. Some will be over drafted, as always. So sure, we'll see how they turn out. Just glad we have ours.

I heard people say the 2019 class wasn't so bad as well during this time before the drsdt.
                    It's shaping up just like I predicted. One good QB and a lot of backups.
                    I was hoping the Broncos drafted Daniel Jones as their forum thought he would be great.

Even better, they drafted Lock in round 2.

Hec looking back, maybe 2019 was a worse class than this one but I don't see any Lucks, Herberts, Rothlisbergers, or Rivers in this one.
                    I'll gladly let those QB needy teams push other players to us or take a pick away from a team wanting to trade up with us for one of these guys.
                    this right here is why I’m especially interested in this draft, I’m always interested but this year is extra interesting. The chargers find themselves in a great position again, either something awesome falls to them or they can recoup picks because the QB cluster will land smack where they are drafting. It’ll be good either way.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I think the big eagles/saints trade could really change draft plans for the chargers. The eagles were picking 15,16, and 19. The saints were picking 18th. BUT NOT ANYMORE

the eagles send the saints the 16 and 19 pick in exchange for the saints #18, #101(3rd round), the saints 2023 1st rounder, and the saints 2024 2nd rounder, plus they swapped picks in the 5 and sixth round this year.

The saints basically moved up two spots and then paid a kings ransom for #19 pick, WOW how can they pay so much for the #19 pick? A third this year, a first next year, and a second in 2024 plus other low round considerations, this is crazy!

the saints must’ve really wanted A) to leapfrog both the Chargers AND the Steelers, the Chargers for their future LT and the Steelers for their future QB. Holy Cow! They must’ve really like two guys from the mid first round cluster, this tells me they are drafting a LT AND a quarterback with those two picks. I’m thinking pennington and their favorite QB of the bunch leftover after willis goes top ten so either howell, pickett, ridder, or corral.

I guess new orleans likes the QB class, LOL their practically guaranteed one of those guys.
                      But they didn't leapfrog the Steelers. They were already in front of them.
                      IMO, they lept in front of the Chargers to get Raimann. Then with #19 they'll get best available WR.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I hate it when a team trades into the spot in front of us. Most likely it means they want “our” projected player.
                        Last edited by Formula 21; 04-04-2022, 10:41 PM.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

But they didn't leapfrog the Steelers. They were already in front of them.
                          IMO, they lept in front of the Chargers to get Raimann. Then with #19 they'll get best available WR.
                          guessin' they might be after the likes of Devonte Wyatt 'n Jameson Williams.... ??
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X