Clear All
  • AFboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2018
    • Balboa Park bench
    • Medical Simulation
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
    Wow, the AFC continues to soak up all the top free agents. Gilmore signed with the colts…
    The AFC is going to be a slaughterhouse come playoff time next season...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

So Kyler Murray is going to hold out? Never really liked the guy anyway as he always reeked of prima donna to me.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        So Kyler Murray is going to hold out? Never really liked the guy anyway as he always reeked of prima donna to me.
        I never liked midget QBs. Thats NCAA gimmick shit as far as I’m concerned. As soon as teams devise schemes to contain their squirreliness and they are left with just their professional passing prowess, they always break down. he collapsed 2nd half of 2021, no idea why he thinks he deserves an accelerated 2nd contract.

His agent probably fears the longer it takes to get Contract2, the more it will be apparent he is no savior
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I know, right? He already made leaps with the numbers of reads he was making last year....if we get that line buttoned up over this offseason and next, he will have a wealth of time, and the game will really slow down for him...could be scary goodtimes around here.
          I always wondered about Herbert’s life long love affair with the Chargers so I did some digging. Turns out his mom and her folks are (Charger fans?) from the LA area. On his dad’s side I think his paternal grandmother grew up in San Diego married his grandfather and lived in the San Diego area when his dad was a kid before moving to Oregon were his paternal grandfather was originally from. It’s not easy to find good info if someone has more and more accurate please post it. It’s interesting that both sides of his family have Socal roots. Both his grandpa and his dad came to California to find a wife, LOL.
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Herberts Dad is a boss at the sister plant where I work.That and $20 can get me a starbucks tho.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              Agree....he is OK but he sure isnt top QB pay scale to me. They should get Garrapolo or somebody else, draft pick perhaps and let Murray sit. He wont come close to making this type of money in Baseball for a while.....if he makes it in Baseball.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree....he is OK but he sure isnt top QB pay scale to me. They should get Garrapolo or somebody else, draft pick perhaps and let Murray sit. He wont come close to making this type of money in Baseball for a while.....if he makes it in Baseball.
                Maybe Murray is hoping for at least Carr $$$...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Murray is hoping for at least Carr $$$...
                  Carr is the 5th highest paid QB right now. Murray has only played 3 seasons. Is he worth 40 mil a year right now? I dont think so.
                  He and Lamar arent the best passing QBs though Murray is better than Lamar has shown. The QBs first job is to throw the ball. If either one has an injured leg, ankle, whatever and cant get around like normal, they are relegated to average.

We have seen Rodgers for example play great on a bad turf or broken toe last season and leg injuries over the years. Those guys dont have that skill set.

I get trying to get the money ASAP but it will be there after next season as well. Whats the rush? I hear Pundits say he is going to only play on 5 mil next season so he should get paid. Mostly Ex players saying that lol. Well should Herbert do the same only getting paid 6 mil next year? He has been a lot better than Murray.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Carr is the 5th highest paid QB right now. Murray has only played 3 seasons. Is he worth 40 mil a year right now? I dont think so.
                    He and Lamar arent the best passing QBs though Murray is better than Lamar has shown. The QBs first job is to throw the ball. If either one has an injured leg, ankle, whatever and cant get around like normal, they are relegated to average.

We have seen Rodgers for example play great on a bad turf or broken toe last season and leg injuries over the years. Those guys dont have that skill set.

I get trying to get the money ASAP but it will be there after next season as well. Whats the rush? I hear Pundits say he is going to only play on 5 mil next season so he should get paid. Mostly Ex players saying that lol. Well should Herbert do the same only getting paid 6 mil next year? He has been a lot better than Murray.
                    Maybe Murray should talk to Moaning Mel about how to get a raise...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

The AFC is going to be a slaughterhouse come playoff time next season...
                      The Jaguars made a lot of moves to improve. Maybe they'll get in on the action.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Murray should talk to Moaning Mel about how to get a raise...
                        AZ will likely cave. Murray knows this QB class is weak. But Jimmy is out there and dare I say, so is Keapernick.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The Jaguars made a lot of moves to improve. Maybe they'll get in on the action.

That pussycat won't harm a fly.

Comment

Working...
                          X