• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargerfreak
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Staley sure seems to have a lot of influence ATM, but he better win…

how would you stack him in terms of immediate impact to Bobby Ross and Marty? Perhaps I’ve forgotten but I don’t recall the FO being as aggressive in FA for either Ross or Marty in any of their free agency periods as they have for Staley. My memory is not what it used to be tho…
    I think they are aggressive in free agency this year because we have a Franchise QB and an All-Pro LT on rookie contracts. All In !

PS Telesco knows its bye bye if he misses the playoffs again with Herbert-Signed the Spanos'.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

how would you stack him in terms of immediate impact to Bobby Ross and Marty? Perhaps I’ve forgotten but I don’t recall the FO being as aggressive in FA for either Ross or Marty in any of their free agency periods as they have for Staley. My memory is not what it used to be tho…

Donnie Edwards, Stephen Alexander, Bob Hallen, Jason Fisk, Kelvin Garmon

David Boston, Kwamie Lassiter, Lorenzo Neal, Jerry Wilson, Solomon Page

Steve Foley, Randall Godfrey, Mike Goff, Keenan McCardell, Roman Oben, Jamar Fletcher

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Donnie Edwards, Stephen Alexander, Bob Hallen, Jason Fisk, Kelvin Garmon

David Boston, Kwamie Lassiter, Lorenzo Neal, Jerry Wilson, Solomon Page

Steve Foley, Randall Godfrey, Mike Goff, Keenan McCardell, Roman Oben, Jamar Fletcher
        2004 was the best year, by far, out of that list. But...I thought we traded for McCardell?

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

2004 was the best year, by far, out of that list. But...I thought we traded for McCardell?
          I guess I'm counting that like I'm counting Mack. Non-rookies.

Also 2005, 2006 we weren't active in FA although we did add Cro, Merriman, McNeill. Team was consolidating those years. Chargers aren't going to be active in FA next couple years either. Need to draft well.

Will Linsley, Feiler, Mack, Jackson, SJD, Johnson, Everett hold up to Edwards, Neal, Goff, Foley, Godfrey, McCardell?

Comment

• Chargerfreak
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

After the dispute with the Buccaneers, McCardell was traded to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for a third- and fifth-round draft pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I can’t remember Ross but AJ started out aggressive for Marty in 2003 with big name signings like David Boston and Kwamie Lassiter. Those blew up badly.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post

I think they are aggressive in free agency this year because we have a Franchise QB and an All-Pro LT on rookie contracts. All In !

PS Telesco knows its bye bye if he misses the playoffs again with Herbert-Signed the Spanos'.
                Ba-Bye.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

They signed donnie edwards in 2002 and david boston in 2003 for Marty.

Rueben Davis, Sean Lee, Stan Brock and a few lesser names in 1994 for Bobby Ross.....not much before that

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Romen Oben was in an exchange for a day 3 draft pick. (day 2 back then)

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Roman Oben was a bargain!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Roman Oben was a bargain!
                        He sure was, didn’t they end up paying like a 5th round pick for him?
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

He sure was, didn’t they end up paying like a 5th round pick for him?
                          I think that sounds right. I do know it was a low cost for a player that played well at a position of need.

Maybe TT can find a RT like that from somewhere?
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X