• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

10....your always going to lose at least one lineman to significant injury during the season and sometimes two.

:wtf:
    Thats what practice squad is for.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      I remember when I thought he was going to sign with us. Glad we didn’t.

Maybe the Falcons would be interested in trading for a particular, former first round DT that might not even make the roster here.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I don't believe Staley will keep 10. We need other position depth also. 9 OL tops, 1-2 on practice squad.
        Yeah 9...but those back-ups need to have the mindset that they're only a snap away from being called up!

:2cents:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Maybe the Falcons would be interested in trading for a particular, former first round DT that might not even make the roster here.
          Thing is... what would you even get in trade? A conditional 6th round pick that turns into a 5th, if certain performance clauses are reached?

And you have to take a look at Tillery's comp pick impact on the team next offseason, too. He'll sign with someone, and he won't be inexpensive. Whether the Bolts would get a Comp Pick for him would depend on the size of Tillery's contract, and whether or not the Chargers sign other similar-salaried free agents, themselves. If the Bolts were to get a Comp Pick for Tillery, it almost certainly would be higher than a 5th rounder.

The main advantage in trading him would be to ensure he leaves the division. But as mediocre as Tillery has been, I don't believe he'd hurt them as a Bronco, Chief or Raider.

So-- given the DL guys the Chargers will have in camp, Tillery's greatest value to the team might be as a rotational depth player. Maybe Forrest Merrill or Brandon Fehoko will prove to be MORE valuable depth players than Tillery would be, and if so? Sure, trade him if you can!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Thing is... what would you even get in trade? A conditional 6th round pick that turns into a 5th, if certain performance clauses are reached?

And you have to take a look at Tillery's comp pick impact on the team next offseason, too. He'll sign with someone, and he won't be inexpensive. Whether the Bolts would get a Comp Pick for him would depend on the size of Tillery's contract, and whether or not the Chargers sign other similar-salaried free agents, themselves. If the Bolts were to get a Comp Pick for Tillery, it almost certainly would be higher than a 5th rounder.

The main advantage in trading him would be to ensure he leaves the division. But as mediocre as Tillery has been, I don't believe he'd hurt them as a Bronco, Chief or Raider.

So-- given the DL guys the Chargers will have in camp, Tillery's greatest value to the team might be as a rotational depth player. Maybe Forrest Merrill or Brandon Fehoko will prove to be MORE valuable depth players than Tillery would be, and if so? Sure, trade him if you can!
            Not expecting this crowd to be concerned he leaves the division. Call it a hunch, I think a half dozen fine fellas here would help him pack for Vegas, and chip in for a ticket.

I think he’s here this year, he’s going to be one of the primary subs, and he’s definitely on the roster. Maybe playing 20 snaps a game in more pass situations will bring his game to life. If not, he’s just a sub - they’ll sub in someone else.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Carolina has a black helmet now. Now they have a blackout uniform.

The Giants revealed a throwback uniform. Their uniform from the Phil Simms era is good.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

The Browns now have company in the "Buyer's Remorse" club. $250 million for Kyler Murray? That dude won't even take them to the playoffs.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yeah 9...but those back-ups need to have the mindset that they're only a snap away from being called up!

:2cents:
                  Yep. I don't think any want a starter to go out but the depth want to become starters.They have to fight to win a depth slot.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                    The Browns now have company in the "Buyer's Remorse" club. $250 million for Kyler Murray? That dude won't even take them to the playoffs.
                    There must be knowledge among ownership of a massive new TV deal coming up. Salaries are skyrocketing.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If so, I still think the best the Bolts might get for Titanic Tillery is a conditional 7th rounder...

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

There must be knowledge among ownership of a massive new TV deal coming up. Salaries are skyrocketing.
                        Well, it's publoc knowledge so yeah. New TV deal is 2022 - 2033 and is massive. Wxpect big increases in cap next couple years.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Herbert will be the first or one of the first QBs to get a percentage of that cap as his base salary.
                          Florio even mentioned that recently as an alternative to having cash in Escrow.
                          Might be the only way Spanos can make the deal.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X