• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Ravens are the best draft process team, and I wish we were more forward thinking like them. They made 2 years of moves for that 4th round and were absolutely correct in identifying the market inefficiency.

Then screwed it up with a punter over Calvin Austin. So ha-ha. They're a worse team because of it.
    the ravens play a smash mouth brand of football, receivers are not as important in their scheme as it is in other offenses across the league, in a typical year their leading receivers go for like 55 catches and 700 yards with 4-5 TDs. They invest heavily in the run game, TEs, in the trenches on both sides, pass rushing, and secondary.

it’s kind of hard to argue with the results, they win because they beat the crap out of everybody…So the draft routinely falls into their lap because they are in a select group of teams that need the kind of players that they draft. So less competition for resources from their POV…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Nah, the Chargers had the best off-season in the division.

The only move I thought was good by KC was the Ronald Jones addition. Juju Smith-Schuster is overrated. Valdes-Scantling is meh. Reid is nowhere near the player Tyrann Mathieu is. Then there are other FAs they got who are journeymen. For the draft, their Mcduffie pick is a good one. But after that their draft isn't much special just like how fans bag on TT.
      The Chargers might’ve had the best offseason in the last 25 years but it was still rivaled by the offseason the broncos had. KC lost a potent weapon and it has change them, it remains to be seen if they can turn all that into a positive, they have a franchise QB so I think they’ll be fine. The raiders had the worse offseason, they were on a roll with their interim coach and they dumped everything into trash and rebooted with a guy that is toxic and bombed out of denver a decade ago…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Gotta say, I think KC has had the best off-season in the division, by far. We'll see how long it takes for their new WRs to mesh with Mahomes, but they are a better group than last year IMO even with Hill.
        Funny, I thought KC had the worst off-season, and it isn't even close.

Not only did they lose Hill, they also lost Tyronne Mathieu and Charvarious Ward.

The replacements for each will probably be a step down this year.

Did they bring anyone in near the calibre of khalil Mack or JC Jackson?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

LAC
          DEN
          KC
          LV

That will be the order

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

“The three NFL games in London this season:”
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Good, not the Chargers.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Good, not the Chargers.
                I love London, but hate London games. How about a Vancouver game instead?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Mexico game is Niners vs. Cardinals 11/21

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Detract a ton of points for not securing a RT, drafting Karlaftis, and then drafting the plodding Kinnard and imagining he's a RT.
                    Detract some more points for not getting an edge rusher (oh, Karlaftis!), unless they plan on putting Chenal there.

KC had a ton of picks....so that gave the appearance of doing well
                    I thought Denver had a better draft than KC, given their paucity of selections.
                    KC grabbing McDuffie and Karlaftis then Sky Moore just window dressing? Wonder why Brugler gave them #2 draft behind only the Jets, but that’s only cause Jets managed three 1st rounders lol :shifty:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

KC grabbing McDuffie and Karlaftis then Sky Moore just window dressing? Wonder why Brugler gave them #2 draft behind only the Jets, but that’s only cause Jets managed three 1st rounders lol :shifty:
                      I didnt want TT to draft Karlaftis. We will see who is right i guess. Sky Moore may become a good WR, he’s not Tyreek Hill. McDuffie should be a solid CB
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I didnt want TT to draft Karlaftis. We will see who is right i guess. Sky Moore may become a good WR, he’s not Tyreek Hill. McDuffie should be a solid CB
                        My thoughts as well. I've seen KC given a lower grade and I thought the Ravens had a better draft.

We shall see which players pan out and which don't.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

There big weaknesses before the draft were at right tackle, edge, corner & wide receiver (in that their pass centric offense suddenly has no star there).

A. They did not grab a tackle and will go with their version of a three headed monster.
                          B. They didn't get an edge rusher that i liked: Karlaftis will be a decent player, but he's stiff and can't change direction...most here did not want him.
                          They'll have trouble pressuring the qb from the edge again this year.
                          C. They did draft a corner with very short arms...he'll struggle with size and physicality: it did however fill a need.
                          D. Sky Moore is not going to be a star, just another nice complementary player - to me, that is window dressing (they need a big time player there)
                          Instead, they want to do it by committee.....good luck there.

4 needs and they filled one of them....not a great draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X