Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Those poor Browns can't seem to find a decent QB...Mayfield, Johnny Highball, Weeden, Pederson, Couch, Holcomb, McCoy, Quinn, Frye, Detmer...
    They should be banned from drafting QBs for a few years.
    forced to use FA
    not fair to the prospects.
    Good for the league.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

WHY?

He hasn't shown up yet.
      Rosen has more talent than either of our current backups. Came into the league with a 'prima donna' attitude, but that's been beaten out of him. He's still only 25 years old and with his improved attitude can be coached up. MUCH higher floor than Stick - not even going to talk about Daniels (who should be a coach - not a player).

There are others I'd rather have; Marcus Mariotta, Taylor Heineki but those guys wont be available until next year. I'd swap Stick for Rosen in a heartbeat.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Rosen has more talent than either of our current backups. Came into the league with a 'prima donna' attitude, but that's been beaten out of him. He's still only 25 years old and with his improved attitude can be coached up. MUCH higher floor than Stick - not even going to talk about Daniels (who should be a coach - not a player).

There are others I'd rather have; Marcus Mariotta, Taylor Heineki but those guys wont be available until next year. I'd swap Stick for Rosen in a heartbeat.
        I haven't seen enough of Stick to argue with you but I've seen quite a bit of Rosen and if Stick is worse than him, he's worthless. Rosen only completes 54% of his passes. That's very poor.

I do like Heineki, I think he may have a future.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I haven't seen enough of Stick to argue with you but I've seen quite a bit of Rosen and if Stick is worse than him, he's worthless. Rosen only completes 54% of his passes. That's very poor.

I do like Heineki, I think he may have a future.
          Don't get me wrong - we're talking about backup QB's here. none of them are going to be world beaters. I would like us to have a backup with at least some upside (if only for trade value down the road).

Rosen hasn't had much luck finding the right team or system (some of which he brought on himself), but I do believe he has upside. There are quite a few guys out there who could also fit the bill as a backup and may / will be available in 2023, mostly because they're not consistent enough to justify their starting QB salary, ie; Mariotta, Heineki, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Drew Lock, possible even Jared Goff. I also like CC's Huntley option (Ravens) should they not retain him.

Unfortunately I think we're stuck with what we have ATM for this year. Pray (hard) JH doesn't get hurt!!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I would be happy with Mariotta. If he flames out with the Falcons he would be a cheap backup. Herbert likes him/looks up to him as a former Duck and I like that he can really run and he has a lot of experience. — more than most backups. I hated when the Raiders would bring him in the game last season.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              Since this is the "other teams" forum, I want to talk about the Cleveland Browns. They give the farm to Watson and guarantee it to boot. Then with the cloud of suspension looming over his head, they trade Mayfield for nothing. So then they sign Josh Rosen as the back-up who WILL play in 2022 once Watson is suspended (I truly believe he will). So the Browns have basically traded away Mayfield for Rosen in 2022.

I bet their boards have to be screaming right now along with the season ticket base.
              It's difficult for me to put into words how deeply I'd be disappointed if *my* team ended up with Josh Rosen as its starting QB.

There's nothing about Rosen that has impressed me, between the ears, and I don't think he's the kind of personality that gets a team to rally around him.

I feel the same way about Drew Lock. I'll be shocked if Pete Carroll can get decent mileage from him in Seattle.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

We’ve invested heavily in OLine just so we don’t have to worry about who Herbert’s back up is

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

https://thegruelingtruth.com/footbal...-ruston-rifle/

Football Trivia: Who was the Ruston Rifle? Did you know Bill Belichick thought the Ruston Rifle the best QB of all-time, after that Brady fella....

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Wish him a full recovery, but every bit helps to beat KC.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Kyler Murray's new contract with the Cardinals has a "Four Hours Per Week Study Stipulation".

Kyler Murray's new contract with Cardinals mandates 'four hours of independent study' (nfl.com)

Thankfully, no one has to threaten Justin Herbert with contractual penalties for not studying enough!

This absolutely explains the frustrations the Cardinal organization has had with Murray.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Orlando Brown is expected NOT to report to Chiefs camp.

OT Orlando Brown Jr. will not report to Chiefs training camp (nfl.com)

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          We’ve invested heavily in OLine just so we don’t have to worry about who Herbert’s back up is
                          Brilliant . . . . witty . . . . dry . . . . sarcasm!!

Comment

Working...
                          X