Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Looking at some of these QB plays teams have made these past few days again makes me appreciate Herbert and how fortunate the Chargers and their fans are to have landed him so quickly after the best QB in franchise history moved on.

First, the Browns' trading for DeShaun Watson, selling their soul and their financial and draft future for a QB who brings a big dark cloud with him. The weather is already bad enough in Cleveland.

How is Matt Ryan (traded to the Colts) an upgrade over Carson Wentz? How is he an upgrade over Rivers for that matter? Three seasons, three different QBs - two of them aging veterans. I guess the owner and the GM really did not like Wentz - maybe because of his vax stance, but something about Wentz or something he did really alienated the people who matter in Indy.

How is Marcus Mariota an upgrade over Matt Ryan? I'm not sure why the Falcons would be so keen to make that move. Mariota had some moments as a back up and sometimes alternative to Carr in Las Vegans, it seemed like a role he was suited for. But he didn't make it as a starter in Tennessee; I thought he would be a career back up.

Neither of these teams were interested in trading for Baker Mayfield or Jimmy GQ; the value of these two surplus QBs has gone down; the pool of QB needy teams has evaporated down to just a few.

Again, feeling blessed for Herbert.
    The Browns are really rolling the dice. If Watson makes one more misstep he could easily end up banned from the NFL. It's a real gamble.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The Browns are really rolling the dice. If Watson makes one more misstep he could easily end up banned from the NFL. It's a real gamble.

High stakes for quality QBs are over and it's been reduced to a peanut scramble. After today, it's just colossal goat-fucks and Geno Smith.

ATS = against the spread

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Looking at some of these QB plays teams have made these past few days again makes me appreciate Herbert and how fortunate the Chargers and their fans are to have landed him so quickly after the best QB in franchise history moved on.

First, the Browns' trading for DeShaun Watson, selling their soul and their financial and draft future for a QB who brings a big dark cloud with him. The weather is already bad enough in Cleveland.

How is Matt Ryan (traded to the Colts) an upgrade over Carson Wentz? How is he an upgrade over Rivers for that matter? Three seasons, three different QBs - two of them aging veterans. I guess the owner and the GM really did not like Wentz - maybe because of his vax stance, but something about Wentz or something he did really alienated the people who matter in Indy.

How is Marcus Mariota an upgrade over Matt Ryan? I'm not sure why the Falcons would be so keen to make that move. Mariota had some moments as a back up and sometimes alternative to Carr in Las Vegans, it seemed like a role he was suited for. But he didn't make it as a starter in Tennessee; I thought he would be a career back up.

Neither of these teams were interested in trading for Baker Mayfield or Jimmy GQ; the value of these two surplus QBs has gone down; the pool of QB needy teams has evaporated down to just a few.

Someone here said that Wentz was not liked in the locker room.

I'd be curious to read what Colt fans think they have in Matt Ryan......it seems like a desperation move quite frankly.

They'd be better off if they had Rivers.....there, i just said it.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

3d087d14340b47c63cb4bdeec9d1cc0f8a747406.jpeg

Tell me I'll never have to be out there again.

Carrie Fischer to Bruno Kirby

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Someone here said that Wentz was not liked in the locker room.

I'd be curious to read what Colt fans think they have in Matt Ryan......it seems like a desperation move quite frankly.

They'd be better off if they had Rivers.....there, i just said it.
            Jeff George left the Colts with his parents, after every Colt game, win or lose. Can you imagine a QB refusing to celebrate a win with team mates? I've never seen a better arm talent than Jeff George, but also not liked in the locker room.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

http://bit.ly/3JoLn3P https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1...673152/photo/1

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Jeff George marched to a different drummer. He was proof that arm strength alone wasn't good enough in the NFL.

The Chargers had an extremely strong armed QB years ago. He was Dan's backup, Ed Luther. They said he could throw a football through a brick wall but they never could prove it because he always missed the wall.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Jeff George marched to a different drummer. He was proof that arm strength alone wasn't good enough in the NFL.

The Chargers had an extremely strong armed QB years ago. He was Dan's backup, Ed Luther. They said he could throw a football through a brick wall but they never could prove it because he always missed the wall.
                  He and Billy Joe overthrow

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Has lots of experience beating Norton in practice.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Resized_Screenshot_20220321-155239_Instagram.jpeg
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He and Billy Joe overthrow
                        Tolliver was a Steve Ortmayer selection. He was *allegedly* going to bring the Raider swagger to the Chargers.

Too bad he was a lousy quarterback.

Everything Ortmayer touched on the Chargers turned to shit. He was the opposite of King Midas.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Must be nice to live in a world where everything revolves around you.

Comment

Working...
                          X